Wingman "disappeared" from my hosted server.

-ORION-

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for the help. Forgive my ignorance.

I made a quick mission in the editor and then hosted a server. My buddy found it no problem, joined it, assumed a role, etc....all went well. He then had some TrackIR issues, so he had to close DCS. Upon rejoining, I could no longer see him in my server. All the server dialogs let me know he joined, spawned in a Hornet, etc...but I could not physically see him in game. He could see me, however. I was watching his screen cap of me as we were flying around, yet I couldn't see him. Bizarre. Any ideas?

I of course restarted the server but each time he joined he was invisible to me. Also, our weather was out of sync. Is weather client side only?

Again, any help would be appreciated. Cheers

-Orion

Static weather appears to be client side only. If you spawn at Batumi and fly to Sochi, you will see clouds for about a 60km radius* around Batumi and you will fly out of them with a noticeable demarcation line. If someone else spawned in at Sochi they would see clouds around Sochi and clear sky around Batumi.

I have never seen, no pun intended, an invisible wingman in multiplayer.

*this distance may actually be related to your individual preload radius, I have not thoroughly tested it. This does not apply to full overcast or fog but only to scattered clouds. This can be useful in a PvE scenario when you take off from a carrier in the middle of the Black Sea and the weather is bad and the target is clear and need to return to the carrier and land with the challenge of finding it and landing in poor conditions. Not so useful in PvP but not critical with modern jets but a real discouragement for WWII and Korean era aircraft where you can't see the guy on your six because you are in a cloud and he is in clear skies.

Appreciate the weather info 71st AH Rob. In my case as described above, we spawned at the same airfield with vastly different weather, so perhaps there are more multiplayer hiccoughs at play. Weather issues are trivial though so long as there are invisible planes flying around. Cheers anyhow.