A-10 Warthog 2 - cueing system question

hololight

So in the interview with Nick Grey from ED on the Grim Reapers channel, he mentions in passing early on, and then more in depth at the end, that there will [hopefully] be a cueing system for designating ground targets (which really is amazing on its own) coming to the new module. My question is this, will it also allow showing you targets you've designated and/or received by data link? For example, you look out to the side of the aircraft, and there's a square (or some symbology) overlaid on some part of the terrain where something is [designated]. That ability is always mentioned/shown with what little information you can find out on the internet (in the public domain). That would be the killer feature, and to me would be enough all on its own to purchase the new module.

Although I agree HMCS will be awesome for me anyways the A-10C 2 needs more than that to make it worth it.

i think its pretty easy to deduce that if it gets HMCS, it means an A10C suite 7b , which we can expect a whole slew of other stuff that came in between after suite 3.0 through to 7, and not merely HMCS slapped onto the current hog we have.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

i think its pretty easy to deduce that if it gets HMCS, it means an A10C suite 7b , which we can expect a whole slew of other stuff that came in between after suite 3.0 through to 7, and not merely HMCS slapped onto the current hog we have.

I wouldn’t assume anything until ED gives an announcement in the news letter.. For all we know HMCS mentioned by Nick in the interview is for the DoD version not the commercial one.

I am a bit torn if I even want it. Part of me says yes of course, give me more power. But part of me worries it will take much of the skill and tactical intrigue away. If it gets too close to “point and click” to kill we might loose much of what makes A-10C cas so fun. I enjoy the challenge of managing sensors, tot and threat ranges. I am going to guess it is coming but I am not convinced its going to make the experience better.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

I am a bit torn if I even want it. Part of me says yes of course, give me more power. But part of me worries it will take much of the skill and tactical intrigue away. If it gets too close to “point and click” to kill we might loose much of what makes A-10C cas so fun. I enjoy the challenge of managing sensors, tot and threat ranges. I am going to guess it is coming but I am not convinced its going to make the experience better.

You always have the option to not use it.

Buzz

I wouldn’t assume anything until ED gives an announcement in the news letter.. For all we know HMCS mentioned by Nick in the interview is for the DoD version not the commercial one.

Its like you did not even read my response, and are just copy pasting a generic retort from another thread......

All i simply said is that it would be unreasonable to expect ED to really be lazy simply slap on HMCS on Suite 3.0 hog we currently have and expect to call it A10C 2.0...

HOWEVER since you bring it up, , that being said given the context of the interview it would be quite dismissive for your to say otherwise since the interview and answer given are very much pertaining to the DCS product.

Although I agree HMCS will be awesome for me anyways the A-10C 2 needs more than that to make it worth it.

So if HMD came to the A10C, there clearly would be more on the HOG 2.0 than just HMCS

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

JHMCS can also do this in multirole fighters, but like that system you also have the option of not using it.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

its no assumption. Its fairly clear with the context this was regarding a planned feature DCS A10C 2.0. I wouldn't be so dismissive of someone like Nick Grey.
Wags promised us VR optimizations before: still waiting on them... So, people become dismissive.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Wags promised us VR optimizations before: still waiting on them... So, people become dismissive.

thats quite a different thing to compare a implementing a new a product feature within a aircraft module vs engine FPS optimization. So please don't use such false equivalency fallacy.

Besides There is no fixed date on that..... Just because that hasn't happened yet doesn't mean they reneged on thier promise.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

thats quite a different thing to compare a product feature vs FPS optimization. so please don't use such such false equivalency fallacy

Besides Theres no fixed date on that..... Just because that they hasn't happened yet doesn't mean they reneged on thier promise.

Huey multicrew, mate. Seriously, there are dozens of examples where promises were broken and silently swept under the rug. But lets not derail the thread.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Huey multicrew, mate. Seriously, there are dozens of examples where promises were broken and silently swept under the rug. But lets not derail the thread.

says the one who bringing it up in the first place....

Its your perception that its been swept under the rug. But if you look at the re updated roadmap Multicrew has not been forgotten, they are aiming for May 2020.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=269757

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Its like you did not even read my response, and are just copy pasting a generic retort from another thread......

All i simply said is that it would be unreasonable to expect ED to really be lazy simply slap on HMCS on Suite 3.0 hog we currently have and expect to call it A10C 2.0...

HOWEVER since you bring it up, , that being said given the context of the interview it would be quite dismissive for your to say otherwise since the interview and answer given are very much pertaining to the DCS product.

So if HMD came to the A10C, there clearly would be more on the HOG 2.0 than just HMCS

I see you just want to go round and round. You’re free to believe what you want. I hope we get HMCS too but until the official features are announced I stand by my original post.

I see you just want to go round and round. You’re free to believe what you want. I hope we get HMCS too but until the official features are announced I stand by my original post.

Free to beleive what i want? Look whos talking.

Your the one going round and round plugging your ears being dismissive of what was being stated in the interview. Your the one believing what you want. NOT the other way around. I don't know why you think HMCS is unbelievable for ED to develop for a paid upgrade of the Hog.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

:megalol::megalol: okay dude you got me.
Why do we even bother with those guys...

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Your the one going round and round plugging your ears being dismissive of what was being stated in the interview.

Not dimissive, just cautious. If i took everything at face value that is announced in these interviews, i'd have turned my back on DCS. Things like new clouds, proper FLIR renderer, new ATC, new damage model, those things have been thrown around way before you have joined the forum, but they have yet to materialize. It's not that i imply bad faith on ED's part, but counting chickens that haven't hatched turns out bad 90% of the time. You probably know how that proverb about assuming goes...

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Not dimissive, just cautious. If i took everything at face value that is announced in these interviews, i'd have turned my back on DCS. Things like new clouds, proper FLIR renderer, new ATC, new damage model, those things have been thrown around way before you have joined the forum, but they have yet to materialize. It's not that i imply bad faith on ED's part, but counting chickens that haven't hatched turns out bad 90% of the time. You probably know how that proverb about assuming goes...

difference is developing a HMD doesn't require new API for this. Such particular function already exists on other aircraft, thus is not a fair comparison to make to those other mechanics.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

What I've learned from the latest events here is that it's best to keep expectations low. I wouldn't expect a single thing any more until there's written confirmation. And even then everything is subject to change.

Did I wonder into the f18 forum?

I hope the 'upgrade' is actually a fully modeled A-10A circa 1991 when piloting skill made it a show stopper during the Gulf War. A total regression into the past! No modern systems, an advanced binocular spotting simulation instead of a helmet mounted display, no gun recoil assist, just pure unadulterated ground attack without all the extra trash! That'll get this thread really going somewhere! :thumbup:

Sincerely, I do not want a new suite.

I want a datalink fully implemented, the ADF navigation, some kind of IFF switchology to match the other modules, laser mavericks, maybe a pave penny pod implemented.

That would be enough for me to buy the upgrade.

I agree. all of which you can still get with a newer suite. Which is in order since the current HOG isnt quite accurate anyways as ED went with a hybrid Suite 3.0 and 5.0 fraken hog

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=248167

So a proper simulation of the things you want would in fact bring it up to at least a proper suite 5.0 which ANG got at the time with thier DTC version of A10C.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Did I wonder into the f18 forum?

This is what scares me the most. If the A-10c-2 launches the same way other modules do, it will take years to get features back, and game blocking bugs will become part of the A-10 regularly like the F-18 module. It ain’t broke, and some features would be cool... but it could also be a massive step backwards for the flagship most complete and stable module. Hopefully it’ll be possible to have both and let them tinker with new stuff and have the stable v1 as fallback?

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png