PCA/HUD updates

Zeus67

Hello folks, here are the news regarding the M-2000C updates:

Pending review by our friends at the AdA, here are the changes to the PCA/HUD:

1. PCA and HUD are now independent of each other. So HUD mode does not depend on selected weapon nor master arm position.

2. Master Arm now just enables weapons release/fire. Setting to SAFE or ARM does nothing else.

3. HUD enters into AA mode when: Selecting CAN or MAGIC by using the HOTAS button, or by selecting Super 530D on the PCA.

4. MAG button on the PCA does NOT select Magic. It performs other functions.

5. Selecting an AG weapon will NOT set the HUD to AG ATTACK mode. Only the PCA will enter into AG mode.

6. To set the HUD, actually the entire aircraft systems, into AG ATTACK mode the pilot must click the PIP HOTAS switch forward (it is the same switch that sets the Special Modes when in AA mode).

NOTE: The PCA must be in AG mode for the aircraft enter AG ATTACK mode, otherwise AA Special modes will be invoked.

7. With the HUD/Aircraft in AG ATTACK mode, clicking the PIP HOTAS switch forward again, will return the HUD/aircraft to NAV mode, but PCA will remain in AG mode. (To be confirmed)

8. With the HUD/Aircraft in AG ATTACK mode, clicking the PIP HOTAS switch back, will save the AG weapon selection and release parameters, return the HUD/aircraft to NAV mode, and the PCA will also enter NAV mode. (To be confirmed)

9. CAN and MAGIC can only be selected via HOTAS.

10. When selecting CAN or MAGIC, the radar will become active, even it the power switch is physically in the SIL position.

11. Upon deselecting CAN or MAGIC, by selecting PCA SELECT, the radar will return to SIL if the switch is in the SIL position.

12. Trying to select a weapon on the PCA when the system is in CAN or MAGIC modes is not possible (to be confirmed).

Our goal is to have these changes ready for the next release. They are undergoing testing right now.

Corrections to the above post:

3. Selecting POL in the PCA will also set the HUD in AA mode.

7. Unconfirmed. Clicking the PIP Forward after the system is in AG ATTACK does nothing.

8. Confirmed. The AG remains selected even if the PCA is in NAV mode.

10. Unconfirmed. Selecting CAN or MAGIC does not change radar status. Selecting SPecial Modes Forward or AFT sets the radar on EMIT if the switch is in SIL.

12. Confirmed.

Final PCA/HUD updates after review by our friends at the AdA:

1. PCA and HUD are now independent of each other. So HUD mode does not depend on selected weapon nor master arm position.

2. Master Arm now just enables weapons release/fire. Setting to SAFE or ARM does nothing else. When the switch is in the ARM position the weapon code will stop blinking in the HUD.

3. HUD automatically enters into AA mode when: Selecting CAN or MAGIC by using the HOTAS button, or by selecting POL or Super 530D on the PCA.

4. MAG button on the PCA does NOT select Magic. It performs other functions: enabling the missile and starting MAV search.

5. Selecting an AG weapon will NOT set the HUD and aircraft systems to AG ATTACK mode. Only the PCA will enter into AG mode.

6. To set the HUD, actually the entire aircraft systems, into AG ATTACK mode the pilot must click the PIP HOTAS switch forward (it is the same switch that sets the Special Modes when in AA mode).

NOTE: An AG weapon must be selected for the aircraft to enter AG ATTACK mode, otherwise AA Special modes will be invoked.

7. With the HUD/Aircraft in AG ATTACK mode, clicking the PIP HOTAS switch back, will save the AG weapon selection and release parameters, return the HUD/aircraft to NAV mode. The PCA will also enter NAV mode. The AG weapon remains selected.

8. CAN and MAGIC can only be selected via HOTAS.

9. Trying to select a weapon on the PCA when the system is in CAN or MAGIC modes is not possible.

10. Selecting AA Special modes will activate the radar, even if the switch is in the SIL position.

Note: Selecting an AA weapon (CAN, MAGIC or S530D) will not change the radar status.

Edited by Zeus67

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Fantastic news. Looking forward to give it all a try :thumbup:.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Number 10 is kinda dissapointing honestly. I like killing someone stealthy with Magic with my radar silent. Well if its realistic and accurate what can say..... ? Bring it on

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Number 10 is kinda dissapointing honestly. I like killing someone stealthy with Magic with my radar silent. Well if its realistic and accurate what can say..... ? Bring it on

Probably turn radar to P.CH. will make it :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Our friends at the AdA made some corrections to my post.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

so not only number 11 is unconfirmed, but also 10 ?

I meant 10 and of course 11 is true since the radar does not change status at all.

Just let us all know when you and the French air force have finally made your minds up what actually does what :)

I don't want to select the cannon and find it opens the sun roof and turns off the aircon :D

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Great news ! Thanks Razbam to update our Mirage :)

I take the opportunity to say that if there are funny "requests" for a Mirage 2000-D on the Heatblur's forum ... Razbam would be better placed to make it through their contact with the AdA, yep ?

I know theire is no Mirage 2000-D planned at all from anyone. Its' a question ;)

Edited by Mav783

Great to hear for us Mirage pilots !

Knowing that a new hire is dedicated to the aircraft and that the AdA is providing feedback this quickly is encouraging and will for sure help us put F18s down even more easily!

Cheers to the team; keep up the good work!

Aorus Z690i, 13600K @5.5ghz, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3600 C16, SSD WD SN850 black, HP Reverb G2, Virpil WarBRD + MongoosT50 CM2 grip

Probably turn radar to P.CH. will make it :smilewink:
I hope you're right. We'll see.

This kind of updates could boost Mirage sales I guess. Its always good we're stepping into more realistic things.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Last update about the changes. See the first post.

Very interesting changes. I love getting a more realistic depiction of the Mirage and its avionics. Looking forward to the update! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This is good stuff, so I'm truly not trying to be a downer, but any news on the non-trip dependent fixes? Regardless of the function of the PCA, the nav fixes need to corrected, the waypoint locations are all still off, and CCRP still doesn't hit its target, and OB mode still requires a manual release. These are all things that aren't mentioned in the MLO or in this thread, but really need to be fixed.

The above seem to be new ways to get into still-broken modes.

4. MAG button on the PCA does NOT select Magic. It performs other functions: enabling the missile and starting MAV search.

Will MAV Search be implemented ?

7. With the HUD/Aircraft in AG ATTACK mode, clicking the PIP HOTAS switch back, will save the AG weapon selection and release parameters, return the HUD/aircraft to NAV mode. The PCA will also enter NAV mode. The AG weapon remains selected.

By saying 'release parameters will be saved', does it mean CCRP cueing indications will get back on the HUD toward selected target once AG Attack Mode is re-enabled via a PIP forward push after having done a PIP Aft while in AG Attack mode ?

Or would we have to re-designate our target after PIP Aft in AG Mode ?

Not sure i'm clear :D

Edited by Steph21

By saying 'release parameters will be saved', does it mean CCRP cueing indications will get back on the HUD toward selected target once AG Attack Mode is re-enabled via a PIP forward push after having done a PIP Aft while in AG Attack mode ?

Or would we have to re-designate our target after PIP Aft in AG Mode ?

Not sure i'm clear :D

No, it means you can make all your attack settings on PPA and PCA while navigating to the target, or even before take off, and then go into attack mode (stick special mode FWD) and set Matser Arm ON at the last moment.

This updates will make the M-2000C way more convenient to operate.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

This is good stuff, so I'm truly not trying to be a downer, but any news on the non-trip dependent fixes? Regardless of the function of the PCA, the nav fixes need to corrected, the waypoint locations are all still off, and CCRP still doesn't hit its target, and OB mode still requires a manual release. These are all things that aren't mentioned in the MLO or in this thread, but really need to be fixed.

The above seem to be new ways to get into still-broken modes.

That’s a matter of priority. There isn’t a magical wand to fix it all at once :smilewink:

Let’s enjoy the good news.

Mirage fanatic !

No, it means you can make all your attack settings on PPA and PCA while navigating to the target, or even before take off, and then go into attack mode (stick special mode FWD) and set Matser Arm ON at the last moment.

This updates will make the M-2000C way more convenient to operate.

Ok, so saving release parameters means saving parameters set on PPA. Got it :thumbup: