Important for the Lockon Community

RvEFuSiOn

soon you guys will start posting Haiku poems .... and offering it up in support of HL.

Omg, my frape almost came out of my nose .... ROFL.

that upside down flying guy? yup :D

I was RIO in the backseat with Pro in that bird as he dove to 2m of you inverted and gave you the international symbol of friendship. :megalol:

Good forum fight is almost as fun as a good dogfight hehe.

Pro says your a good kid.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a better common server list

wanted most by all

will not come from an eagle

another choice appears

installation is needed

but haters gonna hate

many do not understand

the web is free and open

one just needs the address

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

You gotta wonder what some people's ulterior motives are when they disagree with you without giving any valid reasoning....

I'm tired of giving reasons, and trying to reason with some of you folks who refuse to be reasoned with. I've got a simple solution for all of you.... Dont want HL? DON'T USE IT! However you are no one to tell us not to use it, period!

Protos you seem to have a knack for arguing and stamping your feet against the ground for no reason, you sir... are a rebel without a cause, and you seem to cry WOLF!! an awful lot.

Chew on that

Edited by =RvE=FuSiOn

:/ whatever with yours and fusions 'quotes' ....

soon you guys will start posting Haiku poems .... and offering it up in support of HL.

Fact is that your unable to adapt. Not unexpected from someone who is in love with Hyperlobbys 'Free' chat.

That last thing new pilots to this or any sim want is another program to install/learn/have running in the background.

But its pretty clear that 'talking @$#! ' on a 'Free' chat is more important to you = which is why I don't see you supporting adding realtime communications features to the current ED server browser.

All evidence points to more pilots flying now WITHOUT HL .

Thats not a quote.

Just fact.

Just out of curiosity how long have you used Hyperlobby? Or

rather how long have been in this Lockon community?

You seem to be talking about adaptation.... Who exactly are you to tell us what to adapt to?

"Realtime communications features to the current ED server browser"

lol.... all i gotta say is you must be incredibly ignorant or delusional to think ED will implement any of the features that HL has in the present or for that matter in the near future... Tell ya what... Go ahead wait till that "Feature" is implemented and till then myself and others will use Hyperlobby.

You talk about people being hooked on talking *$# on chat in HL, yet you have totally overlooked the fact that you have an IGNORE button and not to mention the umpteen Positive aspects of Hyperlobby we have mentioned time and time again.

You are towing your party line quite well however it is evident that you have no clue about what you are rebelling against or for that matter what the heck you are talking about.

You want to make an argument? Make a good one and try to convince us... Don't go off a tangent and spurt nonsense and illogical rants for the sake of it.

From now on I'm going to dissect all your posts and call you out on all your bull%&*^ which to me and many others is crystal clear.

Something else to chew on :smilewink:

whoever said HL is not nessary because LO 2.0 has an ingame serverbrowser..

where have you been living the last 4 years in this community?

many of us have been using HL since it came out, but we (pilots I know and fly with) also do direct IP.

before then we used kali.. but the support wasn't there after the owner (Jay) let support slip, and about that time HL came out, this was around ten years ago..

we have flown many flight sims (F4, IL-2, LO, WOV, and many more..) (and other sims..) over the years using Kali (EAW), (also MSN Servers) then HL..

for me at least 13 years..

It's not unusual to see 1,200 pilots in the IL-2 room on HL on a weekend..

:doh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

It seems that unless you start the server through HL, then the server will not show in HL. So you might have servers not showing in the HL list that started hosting without HL, hence the separation. Still, I don't think this is a deal breaker and think the pluses outweigh the negatives, but it could very well be problematic. I posted here already about Panzertard's great Server Monitor that automatically restarts FC2 if it crashes. So for ex. if you were using that tool, you would not show in the HL list, unless Server Monitor could be updated.

you guys are confusing the hellout of me..

as far as I know HL does not affect any code at all in any games it hosts...

Jiri just uses parsing code so his server captures the propers packets, the people use his software to run the mulitplayer... with the bonus of chat..

Why do people care if somone can launch a game through HyperLobby? if they don't want to use it don't as it has no affect on their life at all !

It is if they see someone else having fun so they butt in and say I don't like you to have fun so I am going to complain..

Again, the games have/require no changes at all. PERIOD. The code is all on Jiris server..

Maybe the people raising a stink just don't understand and think there are going to be some changes of some type in their flight sim, there does not need to be one bit/byte of change anywhere..

Jiri only need someone to send him the packet info so he can make the necessary additions to his HyperLobby server..

A person can use certain packet capture tools (free off the Internet) and give that code info to Jiri. And this is not hacking, it is only info on packets.. I hope I am clear so people understand and don't make something out of this it is not..

I hope this clears up misperceptions/misunderstanding some people int he community might have and why they are so negative about the whole process..

** Jiri sometimes like to have a copy of a game so he can work on capturing the packets himself so he does not have to work with limited information sent from people who do not understand the information he needs..

:smilewink:

You forgot one important:

• I don't need HL anymore to find servers in FC 2.0 and play MP.

kind regards,

fire

The fear or reasons against it are so far:

• I dont use it or never used it often, so you dont neet to have it
  • It could probably split the community in 2 areas or seperated server lists
  • I once got beaten up publically, so i dont want to go there anymore
  • I protest by principle
  • :cry:
  • Sometimes ppl talk trash there and i cant deal with that mentaly
  • :hmm: hmm

• Like 1

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This thread is GOLDEN.

The author creates a thread called " Important for the Lock On Community " and then proceeds to slam anyone who has a different opinion.

Classy.:no_sad:

Slam everyone? So calling you out on your BullSh#t is now called slamming is it? I see... must be fun living in that delusion you call reality.

old saying "one man's trash is another man's treasure" can always be turned around.

I never understood why people are so happy to trash what some are considering as important. I got burned so many times here trying to push for something.

some people just love to trash, and thats it. just imagine their family life, when they start to criticize everybody, why are you drooling, why do you wipe you behind front-back instead of back-front...

just do you thing, as you did it before and I hope enough of positive response will get back to you.

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

I wish Black Shark would also work with HyperLobby, but I think, if hosting with FC2.0 on HL, we can't connect with BS, only if we host with BS, then we can connect with both BS and FC2.0. in other words, it would be nice if we could connect with both through HL.

in any case using HL for FC2.0 is still nice.

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Well I am about to terminate this thread with EXTREME PREJUDICE.

At 45 secs Matt Wagner confirms Lobby and Chat functions Friends lists ect .... for DCS A-10c due in a couple of months.

** Really I should abuse RVE Fusion by calling him an Ignorant Douche, Delusional Bull###ter, ect ect as he has done to others in this thread ......

... but of course I would never do that. ;)

Ο ΤΟΛΜΩΝ ΝΙΚΑ

http://www.hellenicsqn.com

(under construction)

At 45 secs Matt Wagner confirms Lobby and Chat functions Friends lists ect .... for DCS A-10C

There you have it :thumbup:

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Well I am about to terminate this thread with EXTREME PREJUDICE.

At 45 secs Matt Wagner confirms Lobby and Chat functions Friends lists ect .... for DCS A-10c due in a couple of months.

When this new server browser becomes avaliable then anyone using HL will clearly know all about ED's browser and will switch accordingly if they wish.

Anyone unaware of HL who only ever use ED's browser will not be affected as all HL servers will be displayed in ED's browser, there is no problem.

If you have no issues with not having a chat and member list now, why will this lack of users to chat with be a problem for you when it happens?

** Really I should abuse RVE Fusion by calling him an Ignorant Douche, Delusional Bull###ter, ect ect as he has done to others in this thread ......

... but of course I would never do that. ;)

No you should step off your soap box and act your age for a post or 2, saying someone is being ignorant is not name calling unless you put the childish expletives you mention, after them. :doh:

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org