Quick question about cinfig and input

Zimmerdylan

Hey folks: I just dumped my computer the other day and am in the process of reloading everything. Of course DCS was a priority in all of this. I'm having an issue with the input file though. In order to prevent myself from having to set up my HOTAS all over again, I saved the Config file from the previous load to insert the particulars into the new download. It seems that none of the input info works when I drop the file into the Config folder.

I went so far as to replace the actual Config folder with the old one and all else seemed to work great. All of my settings (audio, video, ets...) from the previous setup were there. It's only the assignments for the HOTAS that aren't showing up.

Anyone have insight to this? Am I doing something wrong? I've dropped the input file into DCS many times before without a hitch. It seems that it doesn't transfer into a completely new download though. :cry_2:

By "file" you mean "folder", I presume, right?.

Each time you reinstall Windows, the system assigns new device IDs to your game controllers, even if they're the same controllers, plugged in to the same USB ports.

If you go deeper into Config/Input folder, down to the actual .lua files for every controller, you'll notice that each filename contains device ID in it. The old name, with the old IDs will obviously not work on new system, which needs new filenames with new IDs.

So - you want to have these new files, but with content of the old ones. There are a few ways to do so, for example:

a) copy the content from each old file and paste it into the new one, or;

b) use the file itself and rename it (giving it the name of the new one), or;

c) follow alternative, slightly different routes, discussed a few days ago in other threads:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=177169

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=188972

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.