[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

Today was the first time I noticed it while re-playing the campaign. Tried it in quick mission too... same bug. Other planes aren't affected so it appears it is a problem with the mirage. Keybindings are ok (although orange for some reason). Has anyone else noticed this?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

With M2000c, there is 2 training mission (Caucasus and Nevada). In both case the radar lock the first target only few moment (let's say 10 to 20 second) then the target disapear from radar and it is impossible to see it again.

To be notice (in current mission) that to have radar in lock mode is complicated (have to push to 530 (for instance) after POL and then TOP and in this case it is not well working and I am unable to launch the missile (Nothing happend when pressing the trigger)

If you have some explanations about it… I will thank you to share it with me.

Regards

Renaud

With M2000c, there is 2 training mission (Caucasus and Nevada). In both case the radar lock the first target only few moment (let's say 10 to 20 second) then the target disapear from radar and it is impossible to see it again.

The target aircraft is a KC-135 flying the same course as yourself @ 426 kts GS.

The M2K doppler radar has a ground return filter that will filter any returns that have a similar speed to yourself i.e. +/- 40 kts closure ?

As you have noted, the M2K at times, has difficulty detecting targets from behind in RWS and TWS (PID).

When I have difficulty, I undesignate and switch to RWS (no PID or PIC bottom right of VTB screen) before trying to reacquire a target.

"Strangely" switching to one of the dogfight modes - the radar has little trouble acquiring a SST (PIC) lock, so perhaps it is bugged in someway.

To be notice (in current mission) that to have radar in lock mode is complicated (have to push to 530 (for instance) after POL and then TOP and in this case it is not well working and I am unable to launch the missile (Nothing happend when pressing the trigger)

In your track you activate the POLICE mode "POL" - this inhibits the weapons from firing i.e. for policing civilian airspace, air corridors, etc.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do in your track but if trying to fire with POL selected, that is why you can't.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Hi,

in my Mirage i use the Cockpit and Instrument lights well

but if use the Flood lights (green and/or white) than my FPS drops down about 30% :music_whistling:

But i must say, i have the same behaviour on ED's F-16 ...

May be that this is not a specific Mirage problem ...

Thx in advance

Edit said: i use a 4k monitor

a Test with clean DCS and full HD have no influence

as i change my resolution to 4k this behaviour appears (MSAA off)

and workaround in all modules: let the flood loghts off

Edited by caponi

too much ...

Bump, same problem.

But until the official update, I've done a quick hatchet job and changed the cockpit arguments in the mission triggers to highlight and check the new radio.

You can get my modified version here: M-2000C Batumi Cold Startup Training Mission

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same here. I am new to the Mirage so was not sure it was me or not. After first Magic shot I have to toggle CNM to Neutral, CMD to Neutral and then CMD FWD (if im using radar) and CNM AFT to select Magic again.

Or the short answer- fire first, start from scratch to fire second.

T-16000M FCS | Track IR5 | Quest 2 | ASROCK Z370 | i7-8700k | GTX1080-OC | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 | OSX High Sierra for real work

Hack build

Never had this issue but i use a 3-pos switch, so not the 3 CNM input but the 'Magic Else PCA' and 'Canon Else PCA' input in Controls.

Not sure if it's linked to your issue.

While in Magic mode, you should be able to fire your Magic

Do you slave Magic to radar before each shot if using radar ?

Edited by Steph21

Hi

Title says it all. When you try to enter a manual frequency into the new digital VHF radio and want to clear the input (for example if you mistyped a digit) then only the display is cleared but not the input buffer. If you start over to input the new frequency you can't because the input buffer still holds what you had put in before you hit the CLR button. The attached track demonstrates this issue. Certainly a one-line fix.

Thanks for having a look!

I searched in the bug thread of the M-2000 but did not find my problem. I do not know if anyone else has experienced this. I use Thrustmaster Warthog throttle switches (4 way hat and push button) on right throttle for U/VHF, UHF and radio menu radio select. In the control section of the M-2000 these HOTAS radio select switches are bind and indicate that they are indeed working. However, while in flight they do not work except one for radio menu select. Thank you.

EA december 2015

Release april 2017

February 2020, automatic release still not work in PI bombing mode after multiple reports (but work in CCRP since the beginning...)

Sorry but it's shameful !...

Edited by diditopgun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Not sure on the buttons in the real M-2000C but in DCS I have 3 buttons bound to my HOTAS.

• Com menu = / ("#" in the UK)

• HOTAS > Main U/VHF Radio SELECT = LShift + NUM+

• HOTAS > Aux. UHF Radio SELECT = LShift + NUM-

Select the radio to transmit by pressing it's select button, then use "/" like a mic switch to transmit/contact ATC, AWACS, etc.

AFAIK the Mirage only has one mic switch.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I searched in the bug thread of the M-2000 but did not find my problem. I do not know if anyone else has experienced this. I use Thrustmaster Warthog throttle switches (4 way hat and push button) on right throttle for U/VHF, UHF and radio menu radio select. In the control section of the M-2000 these HOTAS radio select switches are bind and indicate that they are indeed working. However, while in flight they do not work except one for radio menu select. Thank you.

You probably have "easy comms" option checked in DCS menu.

Unselect easy comms.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Not sure on the buttons in the real M-2000C but in DCS I have 3 buttons bound to my HOTAS.

• Com menu = / ("#" in the UK)

• HOTAS > Main U/VHF Radio SELECT = LShift + NUM+

• HOTAS > Aux. UHF Radio SELECT = LShift + NUM-

Select the radio to transmit by pressing it's select button, then use "/" like a mic switch to transmit/contact ATC, AWACS, etc.

AFAIK the Mirage only has one mic switch.

Mmmmmh, what you describe is weird.

Do you have SRS or something similar with PTT option ?

IRL the throttle has a 2 ways PTT. On PTT position for each radio (so 2).

In game, you open a comms menu for each radio.

If you set AWACS frequency on red radio, ATC frequency on green radio and you try to call AWACS on green radio, you will have AWACS menu, but he won't answer.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

HOTAS radio select M-2000

Thank you all for your comments. I will verify about easy comms although other aircraft work as they should. I will also undo mute in Discord and veryfy SRS. You see, before I moved my thrustmaster warthog radio button forward and had access to UHF radio or I moved it backward and had access to V/UHF radio. Will continue to explore!!!