New PC Build Spec

Hi All,

PC build for DCS world. This is the most I can afford(more really), I would be happy to save some.

running 3 screens 1920x1200 each with trackIR. Don't intend to go to VR in the next few years.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/2KdLsk

Thoughts please?

More detail :

Prices in aud. Buying today or tomorrow, impulse buy with some deals that end today. I may hold off on the video cars to see if any other deals come up for cyber Monday.

I did consider saving $70 and going the b450 tomahawk max, but decided at the price I'm spending I may as well get the newer chipset.

Unless someone knows why the tomahawk max may be better? If I did that, I'd also drop one of the m2. Price today means the nvme is about same price as a 2.5" sata.

I added heatsinks to m2.

I considered a nvidia 2060s, but value is better with the 5700xt.

Another option is I go a rx580/590 and save a few hundred.

Chose cl16 3600 ram as it was best value. I could save $20 or so and get cl18. Figured this was safer in case I overclock.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by chrisgrind

Ryzen 5 3600 | 5700 XT | 32gb | NVME

Feel for you. I built from scratch for 3 screens and it was frustrating as a learning curve. Finally settled on the following.

Nothing less then a GTX 1080 ti (even if buying it used)

Note: actually performed worse with a 2080 ti - maybe it was a windows 10 combatability issue? But 1080ti works great.

i7 7700K 4.2GHz

ASRock Z270

Graphics 1080 ti

SSD 970 EVO

G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16 GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000

for three screens, anything less may not due for the FPS.