The Rookie Thread

Shkval - "attack mode" when you uncage it and tracks a a target, as well as you selecting a weapon.

BACKSPACE resets the whole "attack mode" into "nav mode" again.

is there a way of clicking to do this or do i need to use "O" and "Backspace"

There is no button to click to uncage shkval but there is a clickable button to reset to NAV mode just like the backspace button. The button is located on the left panel on the Targeting mode control panel. there is a set of 4 square blue buttons and a single blue button the single blue one says reset on it that is what backspace is bound too and resets it.

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys,

I just got this "game" not too long ago. Im really only getting started with it, but I love it so far.

I have a little question regarding my trainning. I've managed to learn how to start the machine and basic flight maneuvers with the manual, internet vids and the training missions. I've typically loaded those training missions, and just take command of the chopper to have it idle and on the ground. As far as i've noticed, instant action puts me right in-flight.

So basically, Im wondering if there are certain missions or options in the game to start cold at the airfield for free flight? And likewise, can i find missions that consist of a simple flight plan? (i.e. takeoff, go to point1, point2, point3, land)

Or am I going to be stuck learning the mission editor on top of the game to create such missions for myself?

Hey guys,

I just got this "game" not too long ago. Im really only getting started with it, but I love it so far.

I have a little question regarding my trainning. I've managed to learn how to start the machine and basic flight maneuvers with the manual, internet vids and the training missions. I've typically loaded those training missions, and just take command of the chopper to have it idle and on the ground. As far as i've noticed, instant action puts me right in-flight.

So basically, Im wondering if there are certain missions or options in the game to start cold at the airfield for free flight? And likewise, can i find missions that consist of a simple flight plan? (i.e. takeoff, go to point1, point2, point3, land)

Or am I going to be stuck learning the mission editor on top of the game to create such missions for myself?

You can also try out the MP option, there are a few servers out there who offers training mission online - as well as a few friendly faces that will offer you assistance online. :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

I thought I'd pop my head in and say hello. I've been playing BS for a few days now, and besides some minor autopilot issues and the fact that I'm almost useless with the weapons system it's been a great success. I love the level of fidelity in this sim. I'm actively looking for a group of people to fly with. I have taken a look at some of the squadrons out there, but until I'm a 'good' enough pilot to tag along with them, maybe some other rookies want to get together and fly? Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Also, these forums have been a fantastic resource over the last couple of days. Thanks to all involved for their great work!

• Like 1

NSDQ

I made the switch from LockOn a couple of weeks ago. I have the handling and weapons systems down but I can't land for crap. Fortunately I haven't had a rotor clash in a month and a half. Do you have Xfire?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

Noobie to B.S

hello,

Noobie to B.S but not Flight Sims (IL2 1946).

I'm looking for some information on how I could go

about changing (If possible) the Call Signs for

All Countries on the sim, make them more realistic?

Any gen appreciated.

Regards

David

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ROCAVeterans

ESET Smart Security 4

Protected by www.spamjab.com{akR48n6Qaf8n8lLL68}

• 2 weeks later...

Correct flight Path

I have a question about the gimbal under the artificial horizon.

When flying at high speed the helicopters attitude seems to be slipped to the right if you keep the ball in the middle. What is the reason for this?

Note: There was no wind in the mission

Examples:

Flight_Path_1.jpg

Flight_Path_2.jpg

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there any way to set the helicopter ready to flight in mission editor? I am not too big on switch simulations and I'd like to have it ready for flight at the beginning of my missions. What I do so far is WIN+HOME then speed up time.

I really need help on the arms and fuel reloading. I have pretty much everything down pat, but when I go to base to reload and refuel the keyboard buttons that is I assuming the default ones for these do not work. I'm a rookie at helos, great with fixed wing, but love this sim just need help on the rest Thanks Osprey

The default weapons in a mission will do the job.

Rearm/reload will depend where you land as well. If you return to the FARP or field that you started from, you should be able to rearm/refuel ok. The thing is, you need to have your comms switch (4 way dial switch, Left console) set to ground, to be able to communicate with ground crew. Don't forget to switch back to VHF1 when they have done their business and you take off to do yours! :)

Rectum non bustus

Noobs,

I suppose I am one too but have been flying air combat sims ever since they existed in a reasonably credible form so that goes back to 1994 at least. Black Shark certainly sets the standard others will now have to aspire to.

I have been flying the Ka50 (simulation/real mode) regularly since Christmas and am very comfortable with all aspects of flight control, most navigation and a straightforward method of weapons magagement/deployment. Partly for my own use but to share with others as well I have prepared a beginners tutorial. This was announced earlier but there have since been useful upgrades so am posting notification here. The tutorial is a single page of essential topics and there are links to two practice missions you can download and use with the tutorial.

The document is here:

http://www.wolfwillow.com/nu/westwind/Simulation_Gaming/Ka50/Tutorial.php

If the number of hits keeps growing I will add more material from time to time. I have attempted dealing with most of the issues I found troublesome when first learning the sim. You will find topics on take-off/landing, hovering, stability control, etc.

Best wishes,

JH

• Like 1

I7-2600K@4322 MHz / Asus P8Z77 Deluxe

EVGA GeForce1080 SC Video

Samsung EVO 850 SSD / Dell U2711 monitor@2560X1440

Saitek X55 "Rhino" / Logitech G510

Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Wow!, thank you.

I do not think you said anything new, but was how you said it, wrote it, that helped me.

I was ready to give up, not really, just had to walk away. I took a chance and read your thing, and it made sence to me.

Im back into it, I love military helicopters and glad to be back into full Sim. mode.

Thanks man, now it is more clear to me. I love this Sim. even more now.

Again, just wanted to say thanks, your way of explaining things are basic but thats what is needed. Just your way of explaining was damn cool.

Thanks again.

Hi guys, brand spanking new to this game, although not brand spanking new to helis! Seems I have great timing though, just about to go off to somewhere where there is no wireless connection for four months!

Anyway, I have to say that I am incredibly impressed with Blackshark. Being a helicopter pilot and having flown full level D simulators (i.e. you never have to fly the real thing cos the sim will qualify you to fly it!) BS is a step above the rest. I absolutely love the switchable cockpit, because it relates to exactly what I am used to. The systems management is realistic and even the NVG is pretty good. I have only been playing it for a little while (three days) and it's like I've just done a crash course in the KA-50 and Ihave to admit, I'm still using the quick startup keys, cos it would take me more time than I have available at the moment to come up with a functional startup checklist.

Having said that, I know that there are a lot of young (and not so young) guys out there who would love to fly helicopters who have bought this game. Rest assured, that it is pretty damn close to the real thing. The one grip I have is that the trim system is too slow to react. It must be immediate. I don't know if a force feedback joystick would help me to see if the flight model is correct or if it is a limitation of my equipment, but it doesn't spoil an excellent sim. Well done DCS. I look forward to meeting a blackshark pilot and discussing the sim with him!

12462_220437492787_526942787_4069785_4884785_n.jpg

• Like 2