Massive frame rate drop after update

onefox

Got the 'latest and greatest' 13GB update earlier today.

But it seems more like 3 steps backward than an update.

Before the update, in single player I would easily get 50-70+fps.

But now after the update I'm lucky to get 20-30fps, but mostly just stuttering around 15fps.

On multiplayer servers I would easily get 30+fps and mostly much more before the update.

But on the few servers I have actually been able to get onto since updating, I am now lucky to be getting 10fps. I saw 15-20fps on one server but that was still unusable.

All in all DCS is now not usable after doing this update.

As for other issues,

I'm still not seeing all servers in the server list without refreshing time and time again until they show up, and It still takes 15-20 mins to get into a server if it gets listed.

I reverted back to an image of my system from a few days ago, and now I have my frame rates back and a usable DCS install. But now I don't see any servers for multiplayer. Well I see about 8 in total. I guess they haven't updated yet.

So it seems the update is a forced update if you want to use multiplayer.

• ED Team

Hi

please attach your DCS.log and let us know your system spec

Betas can be troublesome so expect some issues

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

please attach your DCS.log and let us know your system spec

Betas can be troublesome so expect some issues

thanks

I'm back on the previous version now 2.5.0.14304

I have my frame rates back. 70+fps single player, and I just jumped into a couple of the seven servers remaining on this version and I was getting 50+fps.

If I am to send a log I will need to do yet another 13GB download/update.

You don't want info from the older version do you?

I understand that this is 'still' beta, and I'm not a coder/programmer, but with over 30 years around computers and tech support, something tells me this is far from right.

Anyhow I'll send a log if/when I update again. But there's not much point updating if I want be able to use the software. And as for purchasing new modules, well what's the point if I won't be able to use them?

DCS has a world of followers whose patience is starting to wear very thin with the repeated let downs with software and lack of new modules.