Nozzle lever strangeness.

98abaile

Just tested quickly with a logitech 3d pro with nozzle control mapped to buttons. I found during a landing attempt that at zero throttle I couldn't change the nozzle angle. Later on on the ground, with the nozzle at 80 I couldn't move the nozzle even with full throttle. This problem only occurred with buttons; I was able to move the lever no problem with the mouse.

Just tested quickly with a logitech 3d pro with nozzle control mapped to buttons. I found during a landing attempt that at zero throttle I couldn't change the nozzle angle. Later on on the ground, with the nozzle at 80 I couldn't move the nozzle even with full throttle. This problem only occurred with buttons; I was able to move the lever no problem with the mouse.

Ok. Will check.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

RAZBAM, this module is a winner :D

Yes, I've noticed the nozzles are ad-hoc unresponsive using the keys.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

The strangeness with nozzles is, if you hold in the nozzle down key for say 3 seconds after the nozzles reach zero. You have to hold in the nozzle up key for 3 secs before it responds. Which makes you think it’s not working, because it’s not instant. If that makes sense?

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

The strangeness with nozzles is, if you hold in the nozzle down key for say 3 seconds after the nozzles reach zero. You have to hold in the nozzle up key for 3 secs before it responds. Which makes you think it’s not working, because it’s not instant. If that makes sense?

I have the same problem. I'll try the 3 seconds rule. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Beside the "3 seconds", sometimes the lever is blocked and doesn't reapond to the keys (mapped or from keyboard). Giving even a small movement with the mouse restores the keys functionality.

Not able to reproduce the causes at the moment.

This appears to be a problem with bounding / bounds checking. It appears that when using the button mappings, when the nozzle gets to one of the bounds (0deg/100deg), it doesn't prevent you from "increasing/decreasing" the nozzle angle, even when mechanically the nozzle can not move.

Fixed for you guys in the next update

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan