split throttle axises causes micro yaw left

I made an earlier post about a drifting effect, after painstaking process of elimination I've found that any dual axis throttle without tuning will tend to create a bit of a discrepancy, in simpler terms, they don't RPM the same.

tested on:

x-55, x-56, warthog.

was pulling hair out trying to figure if my pedals or something was happening hardware, changing the input on all three hotas in AXIS assign from a dual system to one under thrust, as opposed to having it split corrected the problem immediately.

I would suggest anyone check it out, it may just be pronounced for me or I might not know how to tune it out.

• 2 weeks later...

it tracks united in the software, this is across the modules I have installed, but obviously I only tested it where relevant. The effect is greatly more pronounced in the FC3 aircraft, and less noticeable in full modules. Admittedly it's hard to gauge because of the lack of twin engine professional flight models. It's on all the su and migs, as well as the f-15.

...any dual axis throttle without tuning will tend to create a bit of a discrepancy, in simpler terms, they don't RPM the same...

Then do what real pilots do and match the RPM. I have the X-55 and the SU-25 has no such issue with %RPM not matching. Only issue is if the friction is set too low and over 90% RPM the right throttle will tend to slowly fall forward ending up with 90% left and 95% right. But again, in a real airplane it is not uncommon for the throttle to be asymmetrical.

Unless you are talking about 1 throttle being at 100% and the other 50% when full throttle on both sides.

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

I had a similar problem with my warthog throttle. I guessed that the hall sensors were slightly misaligned. I solved the problem with DXTweak. My memory of it is vague, but basically one would reach 0 before the other, so I adjusted the minimum of the other so that it would register 0 in the same place as the first. Then I did the same with them for the max value. I then worked out where the half way point was for each throttle and used that for the centre value, but I can't remember how I did it exactly.