F/A-18C Paint Schemes Wishlist / Requests Thread

frixon28

FYI the easiest and quickest way to tell it's a Super Hornet when you can't see the intakes and pylons is if it has the "pizza box" IFF antenna on the nose.

Legacy= Rounded Intakes

Super = Squared Intakes

Legacy = Narrow LERX

Super = Wider LERX

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

To add to this...

Legacy = 2 pylons per wing

Super = 3 pylons per wing

Not really a good indicator. Some Super Hornet squadrons have taken to removing the inboard pylons and to the layman (of which probably a good 80-90% of the posters on this forum are) a pylon is a pylon regardless if it is a SUU-62, SUU-79 or SUU-80.

The key differences are the IFF antenna, width and shape of the LEX, LEX fence, Shape of the H-stabs, RWR antenna's, communication's antennas, larger size of the Super and the anti-smash strobes. There are other smaller details as well but those are the primary tells.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

VMFA-115 Golden Eagles

12077751775_0507641b82.jpg

+1 That is an awesome looking hornet, I really love the patriotic themed aircraft & squadrons. I'd love to see this paint scheme included at some point.

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz l 32 GB DDR3 l MSI 1080ti l Gigabyte 97ZX l TrackIR + DelanClip l TM Warthog HOTAS l CH Pedals

AV-8B l AJS-37 l A-10A l A-10C l F-15C l F-16C l F-5E l F-14A/B l F-86F l F/A-18C l Hawk l M2000 l MiG 29 l NTTR l Persian Gulf l Su-27 l Su-33 l Su-25 l Supercarrier l L-39 l UH-1 l

the only place you wont be able to see the squared off intakes is from above, in which case you have the LERX.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Behind, you cannot see the intakes from behind and the LEX would be difficult to see from behind. But other ways to tell are Supers don't have LEX Fences. And the wings have a dog tooth design at the wing fold. The horizontal stabs are angular on a Super vs round on a Legacy. The ceramic tiles for the exhaust have little squares in them. And the engines are way bigger.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And the engines are way bigger.

The F-414-GE-400 and F-404-GE-402 are the exact same physical size

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Well I should have been a bit more specific. I meant the engine necelle. That area under the jet, where 64 and 65 L/R are on the Legacy seemed to have more space. Not that it has a ton of room. I didn't work on Supers that long to really get a great feel for them. Legacies on the other hand, well let's just say I have cardinal knowledge lol.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You guys arent going to do VMFA-314 Black Knights??? I mean cmon,they fought the aliens for us. Hell even the President helped fight!!!

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

Don't think I'd want to go into combat with a giant Maple Leaf in the middle of my back...

Let the "skinners" have a field day, but no Canadian demo birds as stock...

as you can tell from the OP, this thread is more a wishlist thread to include combat, demo and even fictional Skins for the hornet.

I doubt this thread is meant to tell ED what Skins they should include in their vanilla hornet Skin package..

Relax ; im pretty sure ED only provides us with authentic and combat ready Skins ( + Blue Angels maybe ??)

You can skip additional modder skins, if you dont like 'em

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

As long as we get that super sexy, black and white, VFC-12 aggressor splinter camouflage I'm all set. Maybe it's because I'm a swede, but splinter camos just look amazing! :D

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Don't think I'd want to go into combat with a giant Maple Leaf in the middle of my back...

Let the "skinners" have a field day, but no Canadian demo birds as stock...

Yeah, they look like clown cars don't they?:lol: