Learning on the SU-25T noob questions - Page 2 - ED Forums

Old 03-07-2018, 02:34 PM   #11

or perhaps just aim short if they always drop long and vice versa
schurem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:07 PM   #12

About the popping nose wheel. Do not hold the wheel brake for long at a time. Brake in shorter bursts, max 4 seconds at a time, let it rest for 2 seconds repeat.

Also, make sure you are not pulling the drag chute before the nose wheel has settled fully on the ground or the nose wheel will impact pretty hard when the chute opens.
chrisofsweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:49 AM   #13

Thanks everyone. I'm getting a little better, but still practicing. I think I'll make a custom campaign so that I don't have to listen to the talking every time. I also feel that this is a great simulator so I should learn basic flight on it.
I will definitely start trying the touch and go practice.

I may have discovered part of the tire popping though. I have my rudder assigned to my T16k hotas paddle and it's a little sensitive. Very easy to over apply. I think I simetimes over apply when I'm drifting to the side after touch down which might put the tire side ways and pop it.

Ithink I'm getting closer to nailing this.
jsevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:05 AM   #14

In the axis assign menu, click "axis tune" at the bottom of the page while you have your rudder input selected and set a nice big curve on the rudder axis. At least 20-40ish. Although i could see using higher with the limited range of twist sticks. It will make the center of the axis much less touchy, although as you get closer to full deflection it will be a little more touchy. You rarely need full deflection on the rudder surface for any virtual plane however.

I even have to do this with full range pedals because they're otherwise way too touchy. .. the necessity of doing so for a twist stick is likely much more apparent.

And if for some reason it's not the ruddur turning the nosehweel causing the tire popping, I'd be with the other posters that it's the brakes. Basically a button simulating what is actually an axis IRL. Tap tap tap. Never hold.
Win 10 pro 64bit i7 8700k @ 4.7ghz (all cores) - EVGA GTX 980 Ti, 16GB DDR 4 3200 16CAS - Acer Predator x34 (3440x1440@100hz)- Peripherals = msffb2 for heli/prop planes, warthog (for jets), -Warthog throttle, Logitech G13, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds

Last edited by Headwarp; 03-14-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Headwarp is offline   Reply With Quote