NVG addon

Neon

Title says it all. With modern fighters/bombers it is now a rarely scene a pilot not using NVGs. They are not tired to a planes systems at all. They are just attached to the helmet and run on internal batter or external battery pack, depending on model.

Now that we have a addon system and nvgs are already built into dcs there is no real reason we couldn’t have nvgs. You guys get to make a little extra money and we finally get much needed NVGs. It’s a win win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While NVGs may be as simple as putting something battery powered on a compatible helmet, they're not feasible if the cockpit instruments don't support them. Use incorrect backlighting and you can saturate the goggles, effectively blinding the pilot as he looks at the instrument panel.

But yes, I would like to see it as an option in more aircraft. Even if the aircraft are old and were out of service Pre-NVG, having that as an option would be great for some of the more creative scenarios.

Actually in the F3 they just changed the flood light lens for a green one and we operated like that while the Aircraft were gradually brought up to full NVG spec. It was fine for the instrument view under the goggles, and a nice cheap fix .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

While NVGs may be as simple as putting something battery powered on a compatible helmet, they're not feasible if the cockpit instruments don't support them. Use incorrect backlighting and you can saturate the goggles, effectively blinding the pilot as he looks at the instrument panel.

But yes, I would like to see it as an option in more aircraft. Even if the aircraft are old and were out of service Pre-NVG, having that as an option would be great for some of the more creative scenarios.

That sir is a complete false statement. As someone who used NVGs on a regular basis for 13 years.

Instruments washed out. Turn the lighting all the way down. Still not enough? Adjust your gain. So unless the cockpit has a constant flud light you are fine.

O and they go up and down. Your NVGs focused on the ground so you can fly and your having trouble reading a instrument? You can flip them up, read it, and flip them back down.

That sir is a complete false statement. As someone who used NVGs on a regular basis for 13 years.

Instruments washed out. Turn the lighting all the way down. Still not enough? Adjust your gain. So unless the cockpit has a constant flud light you are fine.

O and they go up and down. Your NVGs focused on the ground so you can fly and your having trouble reading a instrument? You can flip them up, read it, and flip them back down.

It doesn't take much to ruin somebody's night vision. TBH, I never flew with NVGs, but I do know that looking at one bright point for an instant will kill a pilot's night vision for a couple of minutes, and then it takes even longer to get it back to where it was. It's not as simple as raising NVGs to look at instruments; instrument checks are part of an integrated scan both inside and outside of the cockpit. Having to take an extra step like that to check an instrument is a safety of flight issue, and having to wait moments to refocus on that instrument makes it even moreso.

I believe what you're saying with regard to NVG capabilities, but a big part of this is also flight physiology. There are a lot more things to night flying than just being able to see.

Why they change all lighting to green with IR filters then ? Me, as a tax payer, would gladly avoid such upgrade spending if it was that unnecessary.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Why they change all lighting to green with IR filters then ? Me, as a tax payer, would gladly avoid such upgrade spending if it was that unnecessary.

Main reason is some colors cannot be scene for as far as other colors. That’s the reason why most cockpits have green or red colors. But also yes green and red do help with nvg washout. Of course we also use white in some things and as long as it’s turned down enough it’s not a problem.

So unless the the said cockpit has no function to turn down the lights it will have no problem with NVGs.

I am pretty sure that this concept of “NVG Compatible Cockpits” is a internetism. First time I saw it was on here in the M2000 area stating that’s the reason why they didn’t add it to the M2000, but yet the m2000 has a UV lighting (aka the lighting that only shows up under NVGs).

No it isn't. German Tornados, for example, were at first not capable to fly at night over Syria in 2016 because of that.

https://www.welt.de/newsticker/news1/article151170326/Deutsche-Tornados-koennen-nachts-nicht-ueber-Syrien-fliegen.html

I’ll have to take your word for it, my German is not the best.

I’ll have to take your word for it, my German is not the best.

You can take it :D

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

You want to take something that's already in the game, remove it, and then force everyone to pay for something they already had to begin with?

If you are that desperate to give your money away, I'll happily take it off of you.

It’s in the game for what 3 airframes?