Improved stability and dedicated server - Discussion

NineLine

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Any help or direction to help would be much appreciated

I have been hosting multiplayer missions on the PC that I play on with no issues, I have now taken the step of using another PC with a dedicated server on it. I can access the server with the Webgui, load and run missions and connect with my PC which is on the same network. The issue is that other players cannot see the server from remote locations they just get 'Server Offline'. If I start a server on my client PC they can be seen but not the dedicated server. I have opened the IP address of the server to 10308 and can see the port open. 

Any suggestions??

Update - port forwarding was the issue, switched the server to port 10309 and all was well. Just a little bit of learning needed.

Edited by Detent666

• 8 months later...

At the moment I'm playing multiplayer with my fly-buddy and one of us is hosting the mp-game on the maschine he is flying on.

Would it be beneficial to relocate the hosting to a third maschine - a dedicated mp-server? Does this server need a gpu or only a strong cpu?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: A twist to this question. Would it help (regarding performance) to play single on a dedicated server than on a standalone maschine? I'm thinking of complex missions with a lot of AI-units here.

My reasoning would be, that the whole AI-computing would be done by the server, but I have no clue.

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 4 months later...
On 2/16/2022 at 2:23 PM, Hiob said:

At the moment I'm playing multiplayer with my fly-buddy and one of us is hosting the mp-game on the maschine he is flying on.

Would it be beneficial to relocate the hosting to a third maschine - a dedicated mp-server? Does this server need a gpu or only a strong cpu?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: A twist to this question. Would it help (regarding performance) to play single on a dedicated server than on a standalone maschine? I'm thinking of complex missions with a lot of AI-units here.

My reasoning would be, that the whole AI-computing would be done by the server, but I have no clue.

It depends on the mission and script's used by the server.

In my experience the server killer is "moving" units/munitions (missiles), cluster munition and minigun's.

My DCS server uses almost no CPU or RAM. Problems mostly seam to come from the netcode in DCS. (Since there is no problem with this for me in Singel player)

A dedicated server do not need a GPU, you use the parameter --norender

Edited by Kanelbolle
  • Like 1