VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

These days I myself use only 3dmigoto mod for haze removal and a bit of sharpening + simplex mod which is now ancient. But to be honest, vanilla DCS is pretty ok right now with a 3080. YMMV. Sadly 3dmigoto currently is not (yet) fully compatible with multithreading.

Edited by StarLightPL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There appears to be very little if any benefit to running this mod any more. Albedo SS hasn't worked for some time, which was the main hook for me. Canopy glass, and haze reduction can all be achieved using separate mods now and without the looooong initial compile time. I haven't actually re-enabled this mod since the latest OB. As others have mentioned, 3DMigoto seems to be a great substitute, but one I’ve yet to play with to any great extent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, zildac said:

Canopy glass, and haze reduction can all be achieved using separate mods now

You can even disable canopy/mfd reflections from DCS Special menu now for F18 and F16.

• Like 1

For haze reduction, I lower gamma slider to 1.4 and crank up backlit in the HMD.  Not as efficient as 3DMigoto mod but good enough for me.

Reducing glass reflection is also achievable with TAZ0004's "clear glass" trick, post here:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so whats the latest mod of this useful mod? its been a while since I last fired up DCS and since the F4 and F-15E are incoming, I want it up and running again.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

nobody? nothing?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

2 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

nobody? nothing?

I have no fn idea. I'm using SIMPLEX 2.7.0.4625 (I keep the original bloom.fx shaders as I like it overdone as ED has made it) + 3dMigoto latest (21.3 as of this writing) and am living quite happy. No big change in performance or quality from the original shaders tho. 

17 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

nobody? nothing?

What do you want to use it for?  VR Shader no longer provide added performance and for the other stuff such as haze reduction, there are alternatives as indicated above. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

so the whole performance shader thing is discontinued?

My wallpaper and skins

20 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

so the whole performance shader thing is discontinued?

Yup.  With the last iteration I was seeing no more that 0.5ms of frame time improvement and that was with 2.7.18.

So OpenXR is the way from here on out. I tried out MT in VR a few days ago and I didnt have a good experience out of it until I went back to all my previous settings, so its like nothing changed. Guess Vulkan will be the next light in the tunnel.

My wallpaper and skins

Well OXR is pretty good performance wise but very unstable with a Pimax, I have to turn on OXRTK turbo mode and limit FPS at my refresh rate to get rid of wobbles and stutters and still very unstable.  OpenVR is working well but only in ST, MT is good but not possible to use Reshade with it.  We are at the early stages of MT implementation...🤞 Looking forward to get DLSS implemented, I think this will come before Vulkan.  

• 2 weeks later...