Most complete full fidelity modern fighter?

bilbosmeggins

Hi all. I own the Huey, A10C, P51 and the KA50. From that list, I’ve only really put any time into the Huey. The P51, aside from having a great flight model, is too limiting. And the A10C and KA50 a bit too intimidating. Now, of late, I’ve been flying the Su25T almost exclusively, and really enjoying it. So I’ve decided to purchase a full-fidelity modern day fighter.

Initially, I was looking at buying the F-5E as being a good stepping stone towards the more complexities I’m to face coming from FC3. However, checking the sub-forum, it seems that quite a few people are a trifle dismayed at it’s incomplete state. And that seems to be a recurrent theme across the various aircraft. So, of all that’s available, what would be considered the most complete model, in terms of all systems functional, and a complete and robust flight model?

Not trying to stir thing up. I just don’t want to spend my hard-earned cash only to find that I can’t fire x missile, or the radar has yet to be modelled or whatever.

Though I don't own it (did try it during the free month) I would have to say JF-17 is the most complete, F-18 is in ok shape/good shape, I feel anyway. Nothing wrong with the F-16 as long as you plan to stay mostly AA and only doing strike missions with GBU/TPOD.

I'd pick FA-18c, might not be most complete but its by far most versatile, you can perform any task with it and it will do it very well, which cant be said for other fighters.

You can do carrier ops, land based ops, strike, sead, anti-ship, aa, CAS, it has very good load out options, basically whatever you like, you only cant go into space with it.

Thanks for the comments thus far. Although I should just emphasise that I would much rather have complete than capable. Though I’m sure that the F18 is devastatingly versatile, and formidable. I shall have a good look at the JF-17 in the meantime.

To be honest I would be over the moon with an SU-27, or modern Russian fighter, but there doesn’t seem to be anything like that available, apart from FC3. Not sure if anything is in development.

So, for the time being, I want to spend wisely.

A10C, Viggen, JF17 and F14 (F5 is pretty complete but has some bugs that haven't been looked at for a while...

None of the Russian jets are full-fidelity, the F18 is still WIP...(but will be in a decent state by the end of the year) F16 development stalled at the mo...

Airbag_signatur.png

If F-5 is modern for you, then MiG-21Bis is as modern too and definitely a soviet multirole fighter operational even today.

It is going be put through new three phase update program, but it is good.

But if KA-50 or A-10C is too heavy, then amount of switches in Fishbed might be too much, even when it is very simple plane to operate and fly.

I am little confused myself about JF-17, as it has received lots of praises, but to me it is 60% ready instead 90%.

How so? It has some annoying features, like small ones as gear lever is not quick to switch but is dampened like one would move it very slowly. Of course if it is real, then so. And the larger ones like video from TPOD is too high by definition as it shows the simplicity of DCS mapping by adding lots of aliasing. Or how A-G radar is still very much broken, and chests by using F10 top view map to draw "radar beam" and how laser guided rockets are wrongly modeled.

I would say that by amount of features, JF-17 is as finished as Hornet. But hornet is far more complex and capable that it lacks far more features than JF+17.

The JF-17 is most modern we currently have, from 2016. But don't let the full glass cockpit to fool you, that aircraft is super simple to operate as it is very simple by its systems.Like its navigation system is easy to learn and understand, its engine management is simple. Its radar is basic and targeting pod functionality just "point it there" kind.

It truly captures the MiG-21 spirit of simplicity and upgrades it to modern fighter philosophies.

But I would like to see much improvements in its look and some systems, but when ED is developing new A-G radar (JF-17 was updated to latest API as hornet got first MAP functionality) and new mirrors and likely new laser guidance etc... It just needs to be waited that ED finish those.

So I must say that at moment it must be F-5E....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The A-10C, by far. It's feature complete and pretty much entirely bug free.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

+1, but you can't really call it a fighter. By definition of the USAF, F is a fighter while A stands for 'attack'. :smartass:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Thanks folks. I’m going to disclude the Mig21Bis for no other reason than I don’t particularly like it. The Viggen looks interesting, so will keep that as a possibility. I know the A10C is probably the most polished of the lot, but I already have it. I shall try and learn it some day, but it doesn’t excite me enough at the moment.

Not sure why no one has mentioned it but the M2000 seems to be very complete to me and is pretty easy to step into. No fox 3's though. MWS is nice to have for folks learning BVR.

5800X3d, 32GB DDR4@3400, 6800 xt, Reverb G2, Gunfighter/TMWH

Having had a bit of a read-around based on your various suggestions, I think the JF is probably the one for me. Aside from being fairly “complete”, I gather it also lends itself particularly well to VR, due to the large displays. Thanks everyone :)

Not sure why no one has mentioned it but the M2000 seems to be very complete to me and is pretty easy to step into. No fox 3's though. MWS is nice to have for folks learning BVR.

The warning system for BVR is the RWR and every fighter plane has that.

The MWS is actually helpful in a SAM / WVR / Merged situation.

The mirage however has very limited smart air to ground options. No TPod and no self-lasing capability.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Thanks Jester. I’ve settled on the JF-17. The F-14 wouldn’t be a consideration for me, due to the two-seated nature of it. I never fly multiplayer, so would never have a true co-pilot, and don’t like the idea of the AI joining in. I’d rather orchestrate my demise all by myself. Plus, the AI has shunted me up the arse so many times on the runway during training missions that it beggars belief. I don’t want that level of intelligence coming along for the ride, lol.

F/A-18 as much as I want to love it has some serious flight model deficiencies, and it's very frustrating that devs are focusing on new weapons and functionality before finishing the flight model.

Having said that, for a casual user to just go and drop some bombs the flight model won't be a limiting factor.

Nah that's a stretch, what about the GCAS recently that went on for months ... what about https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4348546&postcount=8

Things of this nature will never be 100% complete, the point is to not bother expecting we're going to be from A-to-Z with one release, everytime there's a set goal of feasibility/resources/time and as time moves on that goal is put higher, but it's never really finished.

Simulation depth can always go deeper and deeper.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I'm going to go with your initial intention and suggest the F-5E-3. It's complex, but not too complex compared to the Ka-50 or A-10C (or any of the modern fighter jets).

I disagree in calling the F5 "Incomplete." It has some minor bugs which can be annoying (and long standing), but you get a very complete experience of the aircraft. It does what it's designed to do. Perhaps you are seeing users complain about it's combat effectiveness and are thinking that is "incompleteness?" It has all it's designed weapons, systems, and features.

It doesn't have as good of missiles or radar as your FC3 aircraft. It's navigation system is harder to use, and less capable. But you will get the basics of how to interact with clickable cockpits, and it will do an excellent job of teaching you how to fly fast jets. And it's not terribly complicated.

I had flown the A-10C for a long time before the F-5E-3 released, but if I had the opportunity I would have probably flown the F-5 first. It really is a special aircraft.

Here's another idea:

Scrub the desire for a "complete module" and get the F-16C in Early Access. The F-16C is a great jet, and currently "more accessible" in it's Early Access state. You get a clickable cockpit aircraft, it teaches you how to interact with this fidelity, but it's limited systems mean you spend more time flying it than trying to learn computer screens and button presses. It's got a better radar and navigation like you're used to in FC3, and there will be quite a wait for new systems to be introduced.

Hopefully when they become available you will be ready for them, and you can expand your skills with it's features.