This may be a bit of a noobish question, but...

Icarus1976

...after having installed the DCS World 2.0 and finally downloaded Nevada after what felt like a week (actually it was 5 days).

Is it safe to uninstall the 1.5 beta and the 1.2?

As far as I can tell, all my modules have been correctly transfered to the 2.0 alpha. So, I guess I no longer need the other two?

My YouTube-Channel <--:thumbup: :joystick: :pilotfly:

If you want to use the Black Sea map then keep 1.5 at least.

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

Ok, Super Noob here... Last time I flew it was "Flaming Cliffs" about 8 years back... My understanding is that 1.5 will be sucked into 2.0 anyway "soon"...

Starting with a totally clean machine...

It sounds like to start having fun I need to:

1) Download 2.0 basic files (seems like theres been confusion on additional files, etc...)

2) Get inside 2.0 to download all the modules from within 2.0.

3) Keep downloading 2.0 updates as they come about and in a month or a few get Black Sea as an integral part of the 2.0 update since they will be combined.

Is this right?

Also, How many Gig is a fresh install of 2.0? How many GB on average for each module?

Hey Cavey!

You have described pretty much the process i followed this week to download and install 2.0, and yes it took pretty much a week!

2.0 currently occupies 43.4 GB on my HD which includes modules:

DCS" 2.0

Nevada Terrain

A-10C

Flaming Cliffs 3

Black Shark 2

P-51D

Combined Arms

Definitely only download ALL the 2.0 modules and terrain via the module manager in the top left of the main 2.0 interface screen. Don't try copying anything in that you've downloaded previously or separately. I made that mistake and had to uninstall 2.0, Nevada and re-download and install from scratch (cost me an extra 24 hours!)

Good to see someone returning to the franchise after so long, my history dates back even further to Su-27 Flanker and LOMAC etc.

I can tell you that based on the 24-48 hours i've had of flying 2.0 so far and assuming you have no issues with your system running it etc. this is the sim you have been waiting for all your life! Lol!

It is AWESOME! I don't have a particularly fast machine but it runs great at around 30 fps with most settings at a decent level. Current GPU's and EDGE have made this sim what it should be!

Enjoy!

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

And, although the Caucasus map will be rebuilt for EDGE, maybe during the update they can still fetch some stuff from the present installs ( 1.2 or 1.5.1 ), making the update softer...

I'm keeping 1.5.1 ( I had deleted 1.2 long ago ) and 2.0 together. I play mostly at ww2 online servers not yet available for 2.0 / Nevada...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Back where it ALL began? Can't believe is was 20 years ago this year!!!

I was 29 then!!! Yikes!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Su-27_Flanker_(video_game)

Even then it was a great sim, first one i flew on Windows 95 when it was released!

Lol!

And check out the staus bar at the bottom of the screen, look familiar?

4.jpg

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

Back where it ALL began? Can't believe is was 20 years ago this year!!!

I was 29 then!!! Yikes!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Su-27_Flanker_(video_game)

Even then it was a great sim, first one i flew on Windows 95 when it was released!

Lol!

And check out the staus bar at the bottom of the screen, look familiar?

4.jpg

Nice! I didn't even know ED has such a long tradition in making quality stuff! ;) 20 years ago I was being distracted by Quake and Duke Nukem lol. I was 19 back then. :music_whistling:

My YouTube-Channel <--:thumbup: :joystick: :pilotfly:

Speaking of noob questions: Is there an ETA on the Black Sea Map working in 2.0?

Nvm found the answer in the official updates.

"Why the need for a separate, stand-alone build you ask? Because at this time the Nevada map and the Black Sea map use two different evolutions of the terrain engine (T4 for Nevada and T3 for the Black Sea). We are still in the process of converting the Black Sea map to T4 which will allow both maps to co-exist in the same DCS version. In order to release Nevada this month, we needed to create a separate version."

Edited by amigastar

Nice! I didn't even know ED has such a long tradition in making quality stuff! ;) 20 years ago I was being distracted by Quake and Duke Nukem lol. I was 19 back then. :music_whistling:

Yup I remember Flanker 1.0... It was state of the art then... Amazing how things have changed and I think the next 10 years will be even more dramatic...

Hey Cavey!

You have described pretty much the process i followed this week to download and install 2.0, and yes it took pretty much a week!

2.0 currently occupies 43.4 GB on my HD which includes modules:

DCS" 2.0

Nevada Terrain

A-10C

Flaming Cliffs 3

Black Shark 2

P-51D

Combined Arms

Definitely only download ALL the 2.0 modules and terrain via the module manager in the top left of the main 2.0 interface screen. Don't try copying anything in that you've downloaded previously or separately. I made that mistake and had to uninstall 2.0, Nevada and re-download and install from scratch (cost me an extra 24 hours!)

Good to see someone returning to the franchise after so long, my history dates back even further to Su-27 Flanker and LOMAC etc.

I can tell you that based on the 24-48 hours i've had of flying 2.0 so far and assuming you have no issues with your system running it etc. this is the sim you have been waiting for all your life! Lol!

It is AWESOME! I don't have a particularly fast machine but it runs great at around 30 fps with most settings at a decent level. Current GPU's and EDGE have made this sim what it should be!

Enjoy!

Ha! Oh, I definitely go further back further than 8 years ago... I played the original Flanker also... Starting simming in 1983 when I was 12...

My first sim was F-15 Strike Eagle 3 from Microprose!

20 years from now i guess it will be full VR type stuff with the way things are going with devices like Oculus Rift etc?

Exciting times considering they said the flight sim era had passed into history years ago?