Extrem nose up behavior ( can we pursuit or scape with this PFM )

pepin1234

Yesterday another day of pure fail dealing with the new PFM.

I need somebody explain me how we can keep a pursuit if our nose go up with an extreme ~30m/s V speed with just a touch of afterburner on more than 1000 khp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Considering my primary experience with this aircraft was dogfighting my wingman for several rounds and I didn't have any significant issues, I'd say it's probably a combination of aircraft characteristics, your control setup, and your handling. If your complaint is that you have to keep flying the aircraft, then I would suggest flying something else. You being required to keep your hand on the stick and make adjustments as you accelerate isn't a knock against the module, especially since, as I understand it, the MiG-29 is not a handsfree aircraft.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Considering my primary experience with this aircraft was dogfighting my wingman for several rounds and I didn't have any significant issues, I'd say it's probably a combination of aircraft characteristics, your control setup, and your handling. If your complaint is that you have to keep flying the aircraft, then I would suggest flying something else. You being required to keep your hand on the stick and make adjustments as you accelerate isn't a knock against the module, especially since, as I understand it, the MiG-29 is not a handsfree aircraft.

Stay on the thread please. As you assumed all is a matter of joystick settings ( been mine one of the most popular ) can you please open a new thread sharing your joystick axis curves?? Like that we going straight for you opinion all is a matter for the Joystick.

By the way Mig-29 is my fighter from 2013. I never felt so frustrated with this aircraft. Have become a trash in my opinion. Why we must leave apart Mig-29 after PFM? RL the Mig-29 have all those awful behavior? Is a hated aircraft by pilots IRL? Why we don’t see Mig-29 on duty in MP?

Don’t come here with personal. Go yourself to multiplayer and find out some Mig-29 in combat duty.

Back to the thread: Can you pursuit something at more than 1000kph AF with this PFM, without extreme nose up behavior even when joystick is all the way forward?

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...Can you pursuit something at more than 1000kph with this PFM, without extreme nose up behavior even when joystick is all the way forward?

Yes. A bit of a change from when she used to ride on rails, though, with the SFM.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Yes. A bit of a change from when she used to ride on rails, though, with the SFM.

I don’t see this behavior in F-18 and F-14 actually with similar aerodynamic design IRL and PFM in Sim. You confirm Mig-29 IRL with Afterburner must keep nose up and more than 30m/s v speed or more. While F-18 and F-15 must keep straight line?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don’t see this behavior in F-18 and F-14 actually with similar aerodynamic design IRL and PFM in Sim. You confirm Mig-29 IRL with Afterburner must keep nose up and more than 30m/s v speed or more. While F-18 and F-15 must keep straight line?

I don’t know how their flight control systems differ from those of the -29. I just know that I can maintain level flight at high speeds, while you seem not able to.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

In my limited flight time of the Mig 29 PFM I find it quite stable past 1000 kmph. The stick doesn't respond much however I have no difficulty trim her for level flight. The trim remains responsive even once the stick isn't.

then I have a problem in my joystick only with RU PFM.

After I hit AF passing 1100kph I cant hold Mig-29 on straight line. Is like my joystick keep pulling up after I go beyond 1100kph with AF. Same behavior with Flanker but with Mig-29 is extrem pulling up at this regiment. I mean pulling up like losing target lock and the nose pulling up uncontrollable. Is important all this situation have been replicate with human target in pure defense running away or me scaping.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just started the free flight mission on the Persian Gulf and kicked the burner all the way to maximum speed (1500 kmph) and still had control. Could still trim, could even pull the stick forward and the jet still nosed down on its own. Weird that you have an issue.

if it`s guns only, i`d recommend you go above 1200kmph before the first merge. yes you do need forward pressure, and yes you do need alot if you don`t trim it forward. and you will still be needing the forward pressure even if you trimmed forward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I9-9900K-Gigabyte 2080Ti Gaming OC, 32G DDR4000 RAM,

Track IR5, HOTAS Cougar + über Nxt Hall Sensor Mod, Slaw Device RX Viper

if it`s guns only, i`d recommend you go above 1200kmph before the first merge. yes you do need forward pressure, and yes you do need alot if you don`t trim it forward. and you will still be needing the forward pressure even if you trimmed forward.

Ok then I will look more into the trim setup. Thanks

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'll also add, if your in a climb it seems easier to roll inverted and stick back which has more response than nosing forward.

Beyond 1200 I still have room for trimming and don't need forward pressure to keep level. Even at max IAS there was more travel in the trim.

pepin1234, the issue you have with Mig-29 (but same for Su-27/33) is Joystick axis curvature.

If you want trim to work correctly you have to set ZERO curve on your X / Y axis.

Here in this picture my Mig is trimmed and, hand off stick, it flies strait level at 1700kph (and I can still trim more forward if needed, I'm not at max).

Ok then I will look more into the trim setup. Thanks

I guess I should have checked back first before creating and uploading the video, since others have responded. But just wanted to show you what I experience. There is never any need to fight the stick. In fact, I often didn't even have my hand on the stick, except for the trim button. FWIW, on the pitch axis, I use a dead zone of "3", full x and y saturation, and a curve of "0".

_____

Very good video. At this point I must care more my trim. Thanks you all for your help.

Up until now, my assumption has been that having a curve set on the pitch axis is what was causing this problem. However, I just tried the same flight with a curve of "40" and had no issues. Just want to pass that on.

_____

... I just tried the same flight with a curve of "40" and had no issues...

You are right. I immediately thought about this curve issue but the Mig-29 is not concerned by it.

And I think it never was. It's only the Su-27 (and 33 I think) that has the issue.

I've just tried with Su-27 and with curves you can't trim forward enough at high speed. Only with "no curves" on X and Y.

You are right. I immediately thought about this curve issue but the Mig-29 is not concerned by it.

And I think it never was. It's only the Su-27 (and 33 I think) that has the issue.

I've just tried with Su-27 and with curves you can't trim forward enough at high speed. Only with "no curves" on X and Y.

So I wonder what the culprit is...

EDIT:

...It's only the Su-27 (and 33 I think) that has the issue.

I've never doublechecked this myself. Just added a curvature of 60 to the pitch axis in the Su-27. It had no effect. Handled the same was as with no curve. So that isn't something I can confirm. Common wisdom is that it's the curvature. But that doesn't seem to have an effect on my end.

Edited by Ironhand

_____