A Little Lost with the updates

Hi all,

I'm posting because the more i read the more i'm confused. I installed DCS world some years ago and have had great fun with it, my last buy was the Ka50 in the recent sale-helos are for me!

When the "open Beta" came on up for download i downloaded but for some reason it didn't work on my machine,but no problem, it's a beta, and i carried on flying around in my Huey on my "normal" DCS world. Today i downloaded the latest update convinced that this was DCS world 2.0 DEFINITIVE. All happened like clockwork,all went and looked fine until i installed my modules and....got a big black screen when they'd finished installing.

Ok, i thought lets look at the fórums to see if anything similar has happened to anyone else. Seems not.But i've got more confused than ever with what i've read. Please help.

1; Is this ultimate versión of DCS World the DEFINITIVE versión or not? In all fairness the icon does still say "OpenBeta", so i think not.Sorry, i mean DCS World 2 by that

2; When the DEFINITIVE versión DOES come out (no rush guys!) will it install over the "openBeta" or the "original" versión. Ie do i just go to play DCS WORLD "original" and the update wizard takes care of the rest or do i need the "openBeta" doublé click on that and the update wizard takes it from there..

3; If anyone has an idea as to my BigBlackScreen (it doesn't load now) it would be great!

PLEASE, this is not a gripe at all if it's still beta,well that's what Betas/Alphas(?) are for, i'm quite happy choppering around in the Huey for the moment on the original versión, there's so much to learn i'm in no rush!

By the way, i'm using an I7 with a graphics card to match on performance.The only thing that might cause a hiccup is my PC monitor-it's about 12 years old but runs Arma 3 no problem.

Many thaks for Reading this everyone, hope to see you on the virtual sky's soon.

Edited by santiagojamesaea
mistakes

There are three versions currently:

Stable

Open Beta

Open Alpha

Stable is running 1.2 I believe. Beta is 1.5 and Alpha is 2.0. All three are separate installs and will not overwrite one another. All updates will come to the stable version, but obviously they will be declared stable after beta/alpha states.

If you have the stable version installed, you don't need to do anything except wait. Updates will come eventually. If you want the latest stuff now, then you need to download the beta/alpha.

Hope this helps.

I don't quite understand the black screen problem. Is it only for DCS 2.0? Or is your stable version not loading? The new install should have gone to a new folder, unless maybe you directed it to the stable folder. That might cause problems.

Edited by Exorcet

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Thanks for replying so quickly!!

My "stable" versión Works just fine!

Looks like i'll just wait until the "new" stable versión comes out, thanks "exorcet" for clearing that up for me! i don't mind at all if alphas and betas don't work!

Thanks vrValor, it's a hugely old 19 inch Sony- i've grown very fond of it over the years even if it does weigh a ton!!

Thanks again!

Edited by santiagojamesaea
adding comment

This thread title is close to what I need to ask about as well ...

Will the STEAM 1.5 beta continue to get updates or will all updates now go to the Open alpha (DCS 2)?

Will i be able to use my modules - Flaming cliffs 3, A-10, etc that i purchased already in the Open Alpha now - or will i have to wait until it becomes "stable"?

Thanks