DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update, looking forward to the finished product.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

WOW that is SWEET!!:thumbup::thumbup: THX ,Matt and the Guys at ED:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

This one reminds me of my flight at Nellis, nice job guys!

attachment.php?attachmentid=57613&d=1318967215

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I have also included a small video here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1309608&postcount=22

Hello Matt,

You may want to have a look into this nifty program from Microsoft - its free-ware:http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/groups/ivm/ice/

It's a image-composer for panorama images and very easy to use.

-You grab some overlapping images - and pull them into this program - and you only have choose your projection method - and than you get a panorama-image out of it like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=57627&stc=1&d=1319008576

This should serve you well if you want to show us more impressive pictures for upcoming updates...:)

Here is a gallery of the 9 pictures I used for this panorama -they all screen-captures of your video:

http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m561/peterpank1/nellis%20panorama/?albumview=slideshow

And here is a example how a cockpit panorama can look like (it created out of 32 single pictures.):

attachment.php?attachmentid=57629&stc=1&d=1319008809

(you can notice occasional misalignment in the picture- but only because I didn't paid real attention how many degrees the images overlap -and I changed the zoom-factor while making the screen-shots- with a little more care there should be everywhere a perfect alignment )

9_stitch.thumb.jpg.00cf7de3d3a68ed251e0bc1f5b4bd6f7.jpg

dcs.stitch.thumb.jpg.850e1545325ba8ef390a3fd0eeddc809.jpg

Edited by PeterP

I love that tool, I've used it to help make one of those miniature world photoshops, very fun.

Just curious, how does Nevada compare to the current map in terms of the number buildings?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I love that tool, I've used it to help make one of those miniature world photoshops, very fun.

Hi Grimes,

Do you mean like the tiltshift lens? If yes I would like to see your work ;)

I have tried to do a few of them but they never look as good as when the use the real thing (Tiltshift lenses are well out of my price range).

I can say one thing ...... my wallet is ready for Nevada!! Looking very good so far and good job to those involved!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] AEF Flesh | 161 SQN

System: 965BE / 5850 Toxic / TrackIR 5 Pro / 120gb Corsair Force 3 GT / 2TB Raid10 / 6GB RAM /TM HOTAS Warthog / G13 / Combat Rudder Pedals..... and lots more :doh:

Pictures are quite nice good it is not the final though. Keep going it is worth.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Not a good week...

First my girlfriend trash my TrackClip Pro. Then i realize i must buy a new computer to run Nevada on highest :(

:cry_2: :badmood:

They break pretty easy,I have mine held together with rubberbands and paper clips!:doh:

Patrick

mini.gif

This Nevada map will be Black Shark compatible right?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit