DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

Ha, that's a new one on me. What file?

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Use bombs wisely" or "Do a barrel roll"

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

By the way...any easter eggs?

I actually have an idea in mind...:thumbup:

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\HUD

txt_test.value = "EAGLE DYNAMICS"

change the above line text to what you like, i changed mine to TEST.

Thanks!

-Robert Goddard

• 4 months later...

wow very realistic :) looking forward to getting the map :)

will this be released in beta 5?

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

It was included in earlier betas and removed due to being incomplete and/or problematic. I don't know if it'll be finished before the game is released, and the discussion was long enough ago that it's just a vague memory, but I think the most likely scenario is that it will be released at some point after the game is released. So, not in beta 5. :)

Exactly what form it'll take if it's released later I don't think has been decided yet, but they did say people who pre-ordered the game would get it for free regardless.

Edit: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=61558&page=5#50

Edited by nomdeplume

I have beta four and yet i cant get into nellis it always crashes:helpsmilie:

not a huge deal im still very glad i finally got it to run at all:joystick:

The State Military (CVW-17)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VICTORY 104

F-14B BuNo 161442

VF-103

LTJG J. “Shades” Gray

http://www.statelyfe.com

Win-10 x64

EVGA 2070 FTW

Thermaltake 850w

Intel I7-8700K at 3.7 Ghz

32GB Corsair DDR4 at 3000mhz

I have beta four and yet i cant get into nellis it always crashes:helpsmilie:

not a huge deal im still very glad i finally got it to run at all:joystick:

Unfortunately, as MTFDarkEagle said since the beta 3 no one has access to the Nellis map.

:(

Once the map will be complete or fixed, you'll have it as an update.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 64bit, Core I7 950, Nvidia GTX 260, 6 gig RAM, TIR 5, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Logitech attack3 :(

@Spook,

What is the yellow kind like vacuum next to the plane in the Nellis picture that you post?

Sorry, I know the question was not address to me, but do you refer to this photo?

158358F-4SVX-475Nellis3oct86.jpg

If you are, that is a Halon fire extinguisher.

P.S.

I had to correct the link. I linked the wrong MSDS, my mistake

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Sorry, I know the question was not address to me, but do you refer to this photo?

If you are, that is a Halon fire extinguisher.

Yes I was referring to that photo.

So, thank you very much for answering my question.

And thanks for the link.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 64bit, Core I7 950, Nvidia GTX 260, 6 gig RAM, TIR 5, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Logitech attack3 :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

To clarify: the Nevada map will NOT be in the release version of A-10C but we do plan to release it later as a pay-for add-on map. This map will be free to those did the A-10C pre-purchase though. For those that wait for the final, release version, the Nevada map will be a separate purchase.

• Like 1

Good to hear Wags, thanks for the clarification.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I would not mind to pay for add-ons. I have paid for so many for the FSX, now I don't even want to count the balance. The whole point is DCS might take example from some flight sim developers like Aerosoft who charge between 20 and 40 EUR for FSX addons and I highly doubt the process of creating them is even 1|10th of the efforts which DCS puts into making sims like BS and A-10. Bottom line: I want DCS to grow strong and to supplying us with 1st class products like the A-10 sim. I am buying and I am going to buy every single product DCS releases. But common sense I won't buy two or three A-10s downloads, nor will any of the other sim enthusiasts. Ergo, DCS need some side cash, it might come from making new scenery packages. Or nice and long campaign packs, whatever. I will support them as I believe these guys deserve it... (Unlike some of the above mentioned developers)...

Edited by skypirate

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

Wow I've never thought it will be such situation like payable Nevada. :disgust: -.-

Glow like in "The Bold and the Beautiful" - filmed throught a stocking :). It seems that this effect isn't like by sim geeks...

Lmao, now I know who watches it :D

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

lol .. Come on now, Bold & the Beautiful isn't so bad ..:D What about days of our lives!!!!!!!!!! Arhhh pins an needle in my left arm

Thats OT so sorry .. I have no prob paying for an add on. Not that i need to . I have the pre release but with the amount of work needed for the Nevada scene i cant see why ED would not charge appropriately. I'm sure the charge for Nevada be quite minimal anyhow considering all ED products are well priced (if anything too cheap).

Edited by 26-J39

To clarify: the Nevada map will NOT be in the release version of A-10C but we do plan to release it later as a pay-for add-on map. This map will be free to those did the A-10C pre-purchase though. For those that wait for the final, release version, the Nevada map will be a separate purchase.

You did mention that before so thanx for your patience, Wags.

Please dont drop it, it is a vital element to replayability IMHO.

Being that it can generate a little more income as a purchased add-on (I will buy it regardless to support you), I am confident we will see it.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Sounds fair enough - Rise of Flight charges for every single extra aircraft and they're hardly of the same complexity as A10. I still don't really see the use of the Nevada terrain...Training is..Dull :)

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

I've seen boxed version of DCS:A-10C available from March 15th with certain siming shops, so guys looking for "free" Nevada better hurry with pre-purchase.

My rig ain't "strong" enough for a 25+ FPS with DCS:A-10C but I've burnt my A-10C beta 4 onto a DVD for latter days. I'll certainly buy a boxed version as well 'cause I'm an old fashioned simmer (A-10C on 3,5" floppys eats a lot space but I'm fine with a DVD):megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]