The Bridge Slalom Bet

Sharkku

My own feedback:

The transportstrecke in the beginning is a little unnecessary. Why not start directly from the carrier as in "Train Heist"? Or move the ship closer to the carrier.

I would also suggest a little more instruction before flying under the first small bridge, so you can prepare the maneuvers, i.e. turn to the left. I was unsure what to do right after, and there is very precious little time there.

It would also be cool to have a cut-off time where you are approved and allowed to "join the crew", if there isn't already one.

Fun mission though!

Attempt 1-3: crashed and burned.

-And the fourth?

-I don't know, I'll tell you tomorrow, but it's looking good so far... ;)

Just kidding, attempt four: 1:06!

Hi Sharkku,

thanks for the audiofiles! I will add them to the mission and try to implement your comments! My thought was flying slalom without dying is enough to make the mission a success. A goog time should be just for fun.

I need longer than 1:06 maybe I need more practice :)

Funny you mention the first part, Sharkku because the first thing I did was opening the Mission Editor and moving the ship closer to the carrier ;-)

You didn't record that 1:06 (trk file)? I still can't quite see where I'm losing my time and what's the best technique to do it quick.

My attempts were between 1:13 and 1:19. Does it still tell you "you're too slow" with 1:06?

It's not misleading....it was motiviation to try again and again. However, if you always get the "you could be faster", no matter what time you set, then it would be misleading. I did not check the triggers in the ME yet, but I simply thought there might be a different message when you do e.g. a 1:00 or whatever.

if you always get the "you could be faster", no matter what time you set, then it would be misleading.

That is is the case right now sad.gif I had no idea which time is fast and which is slow. Do you have suggestions what would be good time ranges for good and bad? I could check if another attempt during the mission is faster than the previous best time and trigger a message "That was better" or something. What do you think?

Haha, ok...in that case, I'd really adjust it.

In my very first attempt, I did a 1:57 which really was not fast.

I'm not sure if I'm a reference, but like I said, I did times between 1:13 and 1:19. Shrakku even did 1:06.

I don't know...maybe something between 1:20 and 1:25 is something that should be achievable by most? Or if you want it more challenging 1:15. If you want it frustrating: 1:05 ;-)

Maybe it's best if you check what time you're doing.

A trigger for another attempt wich "that was better" would be nice.

First fly direction of the carrier. Then you get a first message and the green smoker markers apper.

To start, you need to fly under that first train-bridge (where you see the two green smoke markers). If you do that, you'll get a message where to start (following the river and start where the bridge crosses the river).

There's no visible stop watch. You'll get the time at the end of the slalom.

Really works thanks.

First 1:44

Second 1:22

Third 1:06

I wish more of similar skill :thumbup: missions, a big thank you to the creator Tobi.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

I got back :joystick: into the cockpit... to achieve a time of 1:00, I sacrificed a few Huey, my technique is not good, I think that we are only at the beginning.

A question for Tobi, to switch the stopwatch to the decimal places?

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Wow! that is fast! As i know the triggers are evaluated only once per second so it won't work with decimals.

I uploaded a new version with great voice-overs by Sharkku. Please give it a try and report bugs if you find some :pilotfly: