Leatherneck Simulations - Organizational changes - Public statement - MAR 2017

Dolphin887

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just try and remember that a 'week' is the one with seven days in it.

I could not rep you my friend, but...

635771760936148898-1834250354_giphy-7.gif

• Like 2

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

In honor of this event.

There is a question.

Mig-21bis will be upgraded to DCS level?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=182624

The Russian community has been waiting for this for 2 years.:helpsmilie:

"В честь данного события.

Есть вопрос.

Миг-21bis будет доделан до уровня DCS?

Русское сообщество ждёт этого уже 2 года."

In honor of this event.

There is a question.

Mig-21bis will be upgraded to DCS level?

Maybe a bit of a translation issue there. I think you're wondering when the Mig-21bis will finally have its bugs ironed out and reach release status.

About a year ago the module seemed like it was just about there. But bugs kept on creeping in with each new release...:no_sad:

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and wish the new team the very best. Eventually I expect the Mig-21 will get sorted out.:yes:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

About a year ago the module seemed like it was just about there. But bugs kept on creeping in with each new release...:no_sad:

Not the only module that has suffered such affliction. VEAO put a statement on Facebook recently that it had experienced issues with it's HAWK flight model after 1.56 release. I am just waiting for the 2.5 merge and shall we say a more settled platform with a single unified install for all products.

For any F14 fans this Leatherneck announcement is not good news and hopefully not a sign of things to come with other developers. I have been a long term advocate for DCS and have been flying since Lockon and the Flaming Cliffs days. I have pretty much every modern cold war module (except for the Viggen) but now I am in a holding pattern. I hope this is just a minor setback for the wider DCS 3rd party developer community in what has been a great product. Yes it's not perfect but whatever is.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

I wish you all the best for the future of these two teams but not very happy to hear this news.

For me Leatherneck has created the best modules for DCS, with the Mig-21 and AJS-37 Viggen, these two modules added many new features like the A-G radar, the best cockpits and textures.

I hope this separation will be not wrong or negative for these two modules and their future.

It's not the best news for us but now just wait, see and pray. Leatherneck was an incredible team of talent, divided this awesome team it's maybe necessary for the humans behind this team but is it good for our modules I not sure...

Good luck guys ;-)

Wish also good luck from my side, Mig 21 is one of my absolute favourite DCS Modules and hopping this work out in the Future for you.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I could not rep you my friend, but...

635771760936148898-1834250354_giphy-7.gif

Me neither so +1 for you! :D

On topic. I hope Mig21 will get its finishing touches (fixes, ASP, Pilot inside, etc).

Also, ED will license both teams without problems?

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

"Regain financial stability" sounds a little ominous, particularly given they're down to one revenue generating module. If anyone has been meaning to get the -21 but hasn't pulled the trigger yet, you may want to do so. Throw them a few bucks to help get them through a difficult time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1.

Already have the Mig21 module, but would be willing to support the dev's in some other way financially if it's a matter of survival.

It's been said many times on this forum - flight simming is a niche market, so we as consumers need to be supportive.

Point is where does that leave MAGNITUDE 3 LLC ? It looks like this split existed inside of the company for quite a while and the one taking goodies is Heatblur Simulations - with recently released Viggen module and extremely popular F-14 Tomcat - much easier to bring more money. In the meantime MAGNITUDE guys are staying with older module, still fantastic, but simply less attractive at this point. And with no news on what they are up to now.

Looks to me like MAGNITUDE is going to have a very hard time.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Point is where does that leave MAGNITUDE 3 LLC ? It looks like this split existed inside of the company for quite a while and the one taking goodies is Heatblur Simulations - with recently released Viggen module and extremely popular F-14 Tomcat - much easier to bring more money. In the meantime MAGNITUDE guys are staying with older module, still fantastic, but simply less attractive at this point. And with no news on what they are up to now.

Looks to me like MAGNITUDE is going to have a very hard time.

From their Facebook post it looks like there is a visit to Hickory, NC for a final bit of Tomcat research.

Although the Tomcat does not belong to them there was a mention of the F-105 Thunderchief.

Also considering that the Hickory Aviation Museum is rich in Vietnam era aircraft I believe this

will be their stable of modules to come which will be very very nice!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

No, at least not immediately. There is Corsair before which still seems to be the thing.

But whatever new they pick up - it wont come earlier than 1.5-2 years. And they got to run on something in the meantime, as Heatblur takes Viggen generating flow already and Tomcat which might be one of the best selling modules in DCS history and which is scheduled for this year.

Makes me also wonder why Heatblur is still milking MiG-21 : https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/posts/683739691813652

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

From their Facebook post it looks like there is a visit to Hickory, NC for a final bit of Tomcat research.

Although the Tomcat does not belong to them there was a mention of the F-105 Thunderchief.

Also considering that the Hickory Aviation Museum is rich in Vietnam era aircraft I believe this

will be their stable of modules to come which will be very very nice!

That post was quite probably by what is now becoming the Heatblur Simulations. Also I wouldn't read into the F-105 bit, it's just a call to support the museum's crowd funding efforts for restoring an F-105, who have been gracious to them in helping with F-14 research.

Magnitude 3 now seem to have the F4U Corsair and the Pacific theater as the only thing we know of in development line.

They may have other things too, at least Novak's post seemed like they at least hope/intent to release two more modules in next two years, I can't imagine second module not being already in some form of development in that case.

What may it be though? It may be the elusive MiG-23, or it may be another Pacific warbird (possibly a Japanese one), or maybe none of these. These are all speculations at this point after all.

What is certain for me is, that I hope both new studios will flourish and stay afloat. We need more developers in this platform.

Another bit of certainty is, I really hope that Magnitude 3 will also be able to complete the ironing out of the MiG-21Bis, as it has quite a number of kinks at this point.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

No, at least not immediately. There is Corsair before which still seems to be the thing.

But whatever new they pick up - it wont come earlier than 1.5-2 years. And they got to run on something in the meantime

Our medium-term goals (12 months, JAN 2017-JAN 2018) are:

- Improve staff work flow,

- Release a new DCS module, which is now in development,

- Improve customer support for increased workload for modules support.

I am confident that this will happen. Novak aka Dolphin887 has an impressive resume and IMO an ability to lead. Not trying blow sunshine, but just my personal take.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional