Help...please !

Mizzy

Hi

I am doing the training in the Viggen how to start the jet up from cold but when it comes to 'altering pitch trim it doesn't do anything so I can't move on in the training until I do. It says move it to 3 for take off with fuel tank so how do you do it ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mizzy

The Trim Keys are:

Trim_Nose_Down = RCTL ;

Trim_Nose_Up = RCTL .

I have those two binded on a Hat on my Hotas, you can keep them pressed until the indicator reaches 3 degrees.

On a real takeoff (not training) I really apply just a little nose up trim, nowhere near the suggested 3º and it works fine.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

As Rudel_chw said, but it can be really slow, hold the trim for a while. And some people haw also reported it being nonfunctional in cold start (but working in hot start)

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

The trim in the Viggen speeds up the longer you hold. If everything functions as it should, it takes about 2 seconds to get to the 3°.

Some people have reported that under some yet not fully investigated circumstances their trim doesn't work well (moving super super slow or even not at all). It's also frame-rate related as the speedup seems to be computed by frames. As said, not yet fully investigated, neither are possible fixes.

Some never had this issue and some, like me, had it for a short time and somehow it disappeared again. Currently a user reports that it doesn't work for him only if he cold starts the aircraft.

(By the way, your thread name isn't very appropriate. Prefer something more on-topic like "Trim does not work". Also consider using the search function, this issue got attention quite frequently.)

Edited by Zabuza