Rotary controls mod

Coug4r

Hi all! This mod will give you the option to assign real rotaries to cockpit rotaries just as you would with the stick/throttle. Some aircraft already have this option so these aren't included (or extended yet).

Currently for the A-10C, Viggen, Mirage and Ka-50:

dpfgwp.jpg

301dlz7.jpg

30s9gk5.jpg

wb8b5f.jpg

It's not a perfect mod, some rotaries work 100% and some others have a range issue, thusfar i haven't found a solution for that but at least they're usable.

I strongly suggest using JSGME to install the mod, it's the easiest way to enable/disable mods.

If you have any issues, suggestions or improvements please let me know.

RotaryControls.rar

Edited by Coug4r
  • Like 2

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

Wow! This is really useful!

And I don't understand; why developers don't provide all commands for keys and rotaries at first? Keycommands and/or bindings (whatever) is so important for an user.

Thanks so much Coug4r!

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Is it possible to make this available as button presses? Like the F5 has wit clockwise and counter clockwise?

The A-10C, Mirage, Ka-50 already have this option by default. If you want this for the Viggen we might as well wait a while, maybe LN will add this option.

Edited by Coug4r

-

Good stuff, I'm currently using Helios to map my pots to the A-10 lighting controls. I'm curious how you did this, I'm pretty good at adding missing controls but I've struggled with adding missing axes to modules (except the Viggen) even though your method looks just like mine.

Wow! This is really useful!

And I don't understand; why developers don't provide all commands for keys and rotaries at first? Keycommands and/or bindings (whatever) is so important for an user.

Thanks so much Coug4r!

Unfortunately, 98% of users are content clicking things with mice instead of building panels, so those of us who hate to use our mice must improvise.

Edited by Deezle

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Yeah it's too bad they don't do this by default for every module. I'm not totally into sim pitting but i got an X-55 which has 4 rotaries on the throttle and i've build a switch/rotary-board with 4 more rotaries so i'd like to use 'm (ED! :) )

If your method is similar you could have a look at the lua files in this mod and spot the differences ;)

-

Same here.

No home pit. I have X55, and building one more switch box (no rotaries tho).

Keycommands and rotary codes are always urgent for me to learn the module and gain quick reflexes for the weapon systems.

Thanks again.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

It's not a perfect mod, some rotaries work 100% and some others have a range issue, thusfar i haven't found a solution for that but at least they're usable.

[...]

If you have any issues, suggestions or improvements please let me know.

Unfortunately, there are often problems with these "self made" axes. In some cases there is not much we (as users) can do about it AFAIK :(

However, some axes (light controls for example) often have the problem that they start working if the (physical) analogue dial is turn more than 50%. Or in other words the whole spectrum of values is squeezed to the 50-100% range while 0-50% is "dead".

What you can do in this case is to add a user defined curve to these axes. You can find some pictures how to do it exactly here.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Yes! Thank you, that works for a bunch of these 'half range axis'. Was hoping i could find some bias-saturation fix and that is a solution.

I see you've been messing in the same area but more focused on buttons, i guess people may run into problems when they want to use both our mods at the same time..

-

• 3 weeks later...
How about the P51? Not using my rotary knobs pains me on my X-55. I would use it for prop RPM, brightness adjustments, etc...

P-51 already has axis mappings for those...

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer