MonitorSetup function reconfigure_for_unit(unit_type) no longer working in 1.5.4?

Ok, I at least got the A-10C working for now by just having a single monitor config.lua for it alone,, I am using "RightStuffs Helios Exports" MOD, so that is the only place where I had to change out the monitor config lua to get the A-10C working. I will be standing by for the overall fix. Thanks guys.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

What would be helpful in my opinion (while we are awaiting a fix) is if we posted up the monitor config file that we are using as a work around. I'm no coder, and a lot of the stuff in that file I get enough of, but some of it is simply another language that I don't understand. Last night for example, I got the point that I had to now make individual monitor config files in order to make this work for now. So I made a copy of my original custom one and went to edit it, realizing, yeah, ok, for now I just want this for the A-10C, I know what instruments need to stay, but there are a lot of other command lines in that file I have no idea how to reconfigure, what to keep etc. I wound up looking through some of the MOD files from HomeFries MOD and although they are not identical, after experimentation, I did manage to get it to work. So here is my A-10C monitor config at the moment, used with RightStuffs Helios Exports MOD.

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('A-10C');

Description = 'A-10C.'

Viewports = {

Center = {

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 2560;

height = 1600;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.6;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD = {

x = 2627;

y = 120;

width = 445;

height = 445;

}

RIGHT_MFCD = {

x = 3968;

y = 120;

width = 445;

height = 445;

}

CMSC_SCREEN = {

x = 3421;

y = 140;

width = 216;

height = 48;

}

CMSP_SCREEN = {

x = 3637;

y = 192;

width = 267;

height = 62;

}

RWR_SCREEN = {

x = 3160;

y = 161;

width = 175;

height = 175;

}

DIGIT_CLOCK = {

x = 3037;

y = 826;

width = 125;

height = 125;

}

UHF_FREQUENCY_STATUS = {

x = 3190;

y = 562;

width = 135;

height = 35;

}

UHF_PRESET_CHANNEL = {

x = 3304;

y = 476;

width = 33;

height = 33;

}

UHF_REPEATER = {

x = 3205;

y = 695;

width = 125;

height = 30;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Sharing these may not work since there are many mods out there that use different viewport names. You should really share both your lua file and your viewport mod if you're going to share.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

That's why we are talking here, to help each other,, thanks. As I stated previously, I'm very rusty at this, I simply don't remember a lot of this stuff. I am happy to share whatever is needed. I provided my Monitor config file. Where is the viewport file at so I can post that as well? Thanks,

Sorry, I didn't mean to be critical. Just pointing out that it probably won't work without the modded cockpit files.

As far as which files to share, they are usually several cockpit gauge init files. I don't know which files you changed.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

I don't think so.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be critical. Just pointing out that it probably won't work without the modded cockpit files.

As far as which files to share, they are usually several cockpit gauge init files. I don't know which files you changed.

LOL Snacko, I did not take anything you said as anything negative, maybe my response seemed like I did, but I can assure you I did not take it that way,, sorry if I gave you that impression,,,, anyway, yeah, I would have to dig through my install logs to figure that out. I just have no recollection at the moment. I will try and look tonight. Thanks Bud!

No problem.

I would highly recommend making all of your mods jsgme compatible. That way you can just look at them and see which files they change. And you can even zip them up and share them!

All my MODS are actually JSGME, I just don't know which ones I edited for Helios,,,

Ahhhhhh, I see what your saying there,,, a separate Monitor config file for each individual aircraft. I hope that is a temporary fix yes? I don't remember if any other files have to be changed in addition if I am no longer going to use the individual monitor config files? Also, I don't really understand how HomeFries MOD relates to this workaround just yet, but Ive been searching and reading for many hours today. Thanks for the feedback.

Sorry for the late reply; I've been busy with real life.

For the A-10C and Ka-50, there is a way around the multiple aircraft issue. This is because when PeterP originally did the mod, there was no "LEFT_MFCD" or "RIGHT_MFCD" available for export, so he gave them unique names. For the revised mod, I use LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT_MFCD by default because it keeps things more in line with the base ED files, but you could easily use the unique names in lieu of LEFT_MFCD or RIGHT_MFCD to provide custom A-10C/Ka-50 placement independent of other aircraft.

If you look at the mod contents, you'll see four JSGME compatible folders. Two of them say "A-10C (or Ka-50) Instrument Exports". These are master files and must be enabled. The other two files are exports that say "A-10C (or Ka-50) Instrument Export (legacy xxx)". These legacy files enable the unique names, e.g. "ED_KA50_ABRIS", which can be used in lieu of LEFT/RIGHT_MFCD for that specific aircraft.

You can look at the "Export ExampleX.lua" files in the mod to see how this works.

Edited by Home Fries

So, if I'm understanding you, you can merge the ka and a10 into one file at least because they have unique names for the exports?

Sent while I should be working instead.

That is correct, so long as you enable the "legacy" components of the mod as well.

Also the Mirage that I sent you Beero. It has unique names..

Thanks HomeFries, I wont get a chance to dabble into this again until later this week myself, but I appreciate the explanation.

It's good to hear that we have a workaround for this issue.

Nevertheless it's a bit salty that the original function was broken by design a few weeks ago, the bug is confirmed and there's still no fix at least being promised. Or did I miss something?

Nevertheless it's a bit salty that the original function was broken by design a few weeks ago, the bug is confirmed and there's still no fix at least being promised. Or did I miss something?

You did miss Rik, somewhere on page two:

Thanks for report, confirmed. Will be repaired.
- Deutsche Tutorials und DCS Gameplay: youtube.com/Rakuzard | raku.yt/discord -

Probably not hard, but it's a low priority since it only affects a few..

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to merge my f15, ka50, and a10c for the time being. I could probably merge the mig29 & su27 as well but haven't yet.

Haven't tried the old single Lua with the "if" function.

Sent while I should be working instead.

Edited by Beeroshima

What method did you use to accomplish the merge?