• Sukhoi Su-35BM 'Flanker-E'
    • Sukhoi Su-24M2 'Fencer-D'
    • Sukhoi PAK FA
    • Mikoyan MiG-35 'Fulcrum-F'

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People gotta think about what is actually possible and wouldn't be too classified to develop.

Exactly, things that are currently out-of service or older are the best bets personally

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

F-14 and F-4 on the table and non word about soviet counterparts...

Mig-23, Mig-25. Tons of documents, museums with display units. Pilots still living to be part of the development.

Probably after they watch “Nu, pogodi” again they come out with a Soviet fighter... (kidding)

Nah, bro, instead of a sorely needed jet fighter we are getting a useless PROP TRAINER. gg Gaij... er ED. xD

Why u guys not mentioning MiG-31 ???

• Like 1
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

aaaaah xD

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Exactly, things that are currently out-of service or older are the best bets personally

that's why the best soviets fighters practical to simulate right now are Mig-23, Mig-25. instead Mig-29 and Mig-31, this two are too high expectation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

that's why the best soviets fighters practical to simulate right now are Mig-23, Mig-25. instead Mig-29 and Mig-31, this two are too high expectation.

Depends which version of the mig29. The mig29a ( and/ or G) aren't a high expectation.

Open source data.

http://aviationarchives.blogspot.ca/2017/08/mig-29-flight-manual.html

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/ussr/mikoyangurevitch/mig-29/5384todo.html

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/ussr/mikoyangurevitch/mig-29/5384todo.html

Widespread by many export users, Has long ago been tested by the west and us 4th generation fighters went up against it in mock exercises, both at home and abroad. Germany had it in service post unification and some former pact countries still have it around.

Thus there's plenty of countries to obtain data from outside Russia , (but even for a starting point, Declassified manuals available on the internet)

There are no secrets left to hide in the mig29a/g. It's a obsolete fighter by today's standards anyways.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

is Putin ok with that? :) lol I wonder if ED can gather enough docs for a full fidelity module.

Maybe they'll be able to dig some out of the ground from the old Tbilisi factory. :D

• Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

What about current FC3 version of Su-25 upgraded to full fidelity?
A or T model?

I would love to see T as it would have many features same from a Harrier AV-8B and more like auto target search and lock.

But it is too close to TM and SM that not likely....

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Maybe they'll be able to dig some out of the ground from the old Tbilisi factory. :D

Tibilisi only manufacturer the aircraft. Design was made by Russian Sukhoi Bureau. I don’t believe ED need to deal with Tbilisi to make a DCS module. The whole aircraft should be possible to be make in Russia too if they decide restart production. Whatever... somehow should be possible.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eh MiG-29 (Product 9.12) - the earliest production version is probably the latest Russian MiG-29 feasible - both its export variants the 9.12A and 9.12B are AFAIK downgraded, that's the only thing for me against export versions.

However, the systems that are downgraded is likely to be ECM and IFF; ECM is very crude and basic at the moment, so it doesn't make too much of a difference and IFF isn't implemented (AFAIK).

The MiG-29G was upgraded to NATO standards AFAIK - not representative of the Russian aircraft - the only thing drawing me away is that this MiG-29 is only suitable for German/Polish usage.

Ssshhh - that is how petty I can be, in truth there's nothing wrong with adding a full-fidelity MiG-29G

For MiG-25s I think the MiG-25PD is probably the best bet.

And for Su-27s - the Su-27S Flanker-B (what we have currently in FC3) is probably the most realistic Su-27 variant we could do.

These aircraft are probably about as modern as you could possibly get - I still think aircraft like the MiG-23 (even if a first generation model - something like the MiG-23M Flogger-B or later), the MiG-27 Flogger-D (or later), the Su-17M Fitter-C (or later, preferably Su-17M3 or M4) from there earlier aircraft or variants of current aircraft/WIP aircraft are most desirable for me, even if in practice they're mismatched...

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

With SM3 now out there, maybe a full fidelity A and/or T is a possibility.

Or even a semi-fidelity SM1 ?

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Eh the thing with the Su25T is the fact that only 8 were ever produced. and Only 2 of them saw flew a handful of missions for the purpose combat evaluation in the second chechen war.

Its basically a Combat capable demonstrator limited production aircraft, and not a mass produced official service aircraft. I'M wondering if the data was even kept around, to make a full fidelity version. I heard that Ed did take some Liberties with what combat capabilities the FC3 Su25T. If thats the case sounds like there are lots of gaps in information.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Eh the thing with the Su25T is the fact that only 8 were ever produced. and Only 2 of them saw flew a handful of missions for the purpose combat evaluation in the second chechen war.

Its basically a Combat capable demonstrator limited production aircraft, and not a mass produced official service aircraft. I'M wondering if the data was even kept around, to make a full fidelity version. I heard that Ed did take some Liberties with what combat capabilities the FC3 Su25T. If thats the case sounds like there are lots of gaps in information.

Which just supports my suggestion for Su-24 over Su-25 even further. :D

• 1 year later...