Russian ww2 aircraft Modules?

I would love a late Yak-9 variant. It would fit both in the late WW2 context against the current German planes and in the early Korean War against the P-51 (though the North Korean flown Yaks didn't acquit themselves well).
Definitely, Yak-9U would fit everywhere. We also are waiting a proper Korea map to fit what we already have, but a DCS Korea would be gorgeous no matter how long it takes. And of course, we would need an appropriate map for that Yak, but aren't we already enjoining WWII in XXI century Georgia?

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

thats not an excuse to not add aircraft. at some point all aircraft have always been Orphan planes. IE F86 that came out first before later release of Mig15. and Mig21bis currently is, until F5E tiger 2 comes out.

besides yak 3s fought german 109s and Fw 190s. following its service introduction.

it saw air war during the battle of berin in 1945, so Bf109 K4 and Fw190 d9 against yak 3 isnt out of the question either.

people are obsessing too much over exact historical accuracy and maps, overlooking the fact that p51, bf109 and fw190 having been fighting each other in Cacsus and Nevada for a long while.

so if anything Yak 3 is probably the most ideal starting point for a russian ww2 piston fighter, due to the other types of late war piston fighters already in game.

I think you misred my post. I was saying exactly the same.

since current aircraft are late war piston fighters from 1944-45.

what would you all think about a Yak3, La7, and Il2/ Il10 sturmovik modules?

For fighters, I would rather a DCS team made the Korean War Era Yak-9U and La-9, as per the models made by the person behind the DCS Mig-15bis 3D model and the DCS BF-109 K4 3D model, here: http://psy06.deviantart.com/gallery/ I would definitely go for the IL-10, though. :thumbup: MJ

rather get the remaining western front fighters and some pacific stuff (and a b-25), all potentially years away, first...

Come on guys we get 3 planes in 3 years, just now Normandy map in sight ed should just build soviet fighters? first they should bring proper plane setup for Normandy map?

agreed, im not opposed to mismatched planes and maps, but this is supposed to be DCS WWII and if players of WWII sims are going to be attracted to DCS then we need a bonfide WWII sim...

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

Well, having Eastern front stuff doesn't mean we don't want western front, Pacific front, Mediterranean front, North Africa front also.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Well, having Eastern front stuff doesn't mean we don't want western front, Pacific front, Mediterranean front, North Africa front also.

S!

I "wish" also much more, but when we look the reality deep in his eyes, ED have much amount of work to get Normandy with proper setup on the way.

Most concern why not much more people still fly DCS WW2 is the lack of content.

Then we get again a Russian airplane with no map and no back round, this have we currently enough in all time frames, and is waste of time with lack US and Brits and German content

when you ask 10 people what they want 8 different opinion, and I hopefully think when we get the first working WW2 time frame, more third party developer jump on the train for future late Poland map and Soviet fighters.:pilotfly:

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I "wish" also much more, but when we look the reality deep in his eyes, ED have much amount of work to get Normandy with proper setup on the way.

Most concern why not much more people still fly DCS WW2 is the lack of content.

Then we get again a Russian airplane with no map and no back round, this have we currently enough in all time frames, and is waste of time with lack US and Brits and German content

when you ask 10 people what they want 8 different opinion, and I hopefully think when we get the first working WW2 time frame, more third party developer jump on the train for future late Poland map and Soviet fighters.:pilotfly:

Remember that...

This mean map is a landscape, flora, buildings... things like that. But we have a lot of different WWII units in production (spoiler: AI bombers as well) . So WWII units will not be a part of Normandy or any other map, but will be available for all maps.

Dragon I read this, but with content I mean Fw-190A8 P-38 P-51D20NA Bf-109G10/14.

ED need just now 3 year for the 3 bird with much work is done by RPG before don't think we get surprised now with planes every half year.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

You're right mate, but dreaming is for free :D.

Yeah, definitely many people don't come to DCS because a lack of content, and we got 3 planes in 3 years, but lets hope after EDGE release that took longer than scheduled and if we get finally 2.5 version they can focus in further module development and release. If we have Normandy map and Spitfire this year that will change things.

S!

Soviet WWII planes may not best fit a Normandy map and there are certainly many great non Soviet planes that will fit that map. Still, there just so happens to be some fantastic 3D models for potential DCS Korean War Era Soviet planes out there, such as for the La-9 and the Yak-9U. I would personally really love to see these rides in DCS, especially the Yak-9U. The models I am referring to were created by the same person behind making the 3D model for the DCS MIG-15bis and the DCS BF-109 K4, great models, like all his other work. See his work, here: http://psy06.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/

:thumbup: MJ

To he k with the Normandy map, we already have an excellent map available to us right now in the Black Sea map where just about any Russian plane they model would fit right in with the 109 and 190 we have already. Disregard the specific types, just LW aircraft versus Russian aircraft. That would be enough for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To he k with the Normandy map, we already have an excellent map available to us right now in the Black Sea map where just about any Russian plane they model would fit right in with the 109 and 190 we have already. Disregard the specific types, just LW aircraft versus Russian aircraft. That would be enough for me.

That is the worst possible thing for me. You wouldn't like to put F86 vs Su27 would you? During the war that development of airplanes was sped up so much it makes for a valid comparison.

If you pit Bf109K4 vs I153 that would be a disaster. Not only because it is unbalanced, but also because it is not even close to reality of the eastern front. The map doesn't fit as well due to modern buildings and cars.

For current airplane set it would be good if Russians have been given:

La7 1944 airplane

Yak 3 1944 airplane

Yak 9U 1944 airplane

And current map could be just reproduced within WW2 setting. Then it would be ok with me.:thumbup:

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

rather get the remaining western front fighters and some pacific stuff (and a b-25), all potentially years away, first...

agreed, im not opposed to mismatched planes and maps, but this is supposed to be DCS WWII and if players of WWII sims are going to be attracted to DCS then we need a bonfide WWII sim...

I like your location description zantron

rebel occupied british north america
. :thumbup:

So if we're simming then Soviet forces should be doing most of the heavy lifting in Europe and work on Combined Arms vehicles and improved infantry should be the primary focus of development for DCS WWII. Not to mention that the Normandy map should be put on hold until the Battle of Stalingrad is done.

We're all keen for the DCS World T-34 full fidelity advanced tank model right? ;)

Hmm, actually that would be pretty cool.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

Cool. Yeah, I would definitely go with one that Solty suggested, the Yak-9U. I think that would fit the late war LW planes, so it would give you a solid LW vs VVS plane match up, plus give guys like me, into more Korean War Era stuff, a chance to have a prop used in the Korean War. That would be fantastic. The Yak-9U would definitely fit the Black Sea map and there is already a really great 3D cockpit model for the Yak-9U, made by the guy behind the great cockpits used for the DCS Mig-15bis & DCS BF-109 K4.

:thumbup: MJ

+10000

lag and yak wwii are definitely my favorites warbirds.

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently it was leaked today that ED had a Crimea theater planned. A modern day one, but it would still be awesome for WWII combat.

Also I remember the op mentioning Il-2 and Il-10. I would love an Il-10, and while not being as iconic as Il-2, it would fit very well into DCS theatres. Its a late war plane, and would fit in Korean theater. A Korea theater would fit Mig-15, Sabre, P-51, Leatherneck's F4u, and an Il-10 if someone did that.

If La-9 and Yak-9 cockpit work are property now of ED, I wonder why it's not yet on the todo list

I would instant buy those two iconic Warbirds

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

I wanted to say that wasn't there a LA-9 currently in dev/on hold? looks like there's the proof.
Well, asking someone for some 3D stuff doesn't mean you're developing those, but we can say those are probably ED/Belsimtek property. Still I would like to see them.

Apparently it was leaked today that ED had a Crimea theater planned. A modern day one, but it would still be awesome for WWII combat.
Well sort of leak, it's out there in the net publicly,

http://www.thebattlesim.com/new/

Sadly, as that's the military and professional version of DCS they don't talk about any WWII stuff at all, but that Crimea map could be used like we already use "Kuban" map.

S!