L39 engine shut off while in multiplayer

AstroEma

Hi all,

with the latest patch applied, while connected to a friend' server, as soon as we get into the game, while playing with the L39, the plane shuts itself off.

We searched for the cause of this but did not find anything different than before (previous patch).

Might be a bug in the new patch?

Thanks,

E.

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

A friend and I had a similiar thing happening to us yesterday.

In the attached track you can see me starting a crossunder at in game time 12:09:40. 12:09:48 I'm directly underneath him and suddenly both our engines catch fire. I wasn't able to see any smoke or flames coming of my flight leads aircraft but you can tell he also lost all thrust and had to ditch.

No game crash or any other problems, just engine fire.

Near miss eng fire.trk

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.

SNAP!!! That was happening to me yesterday.

I have a couple of Mission files that let me test out all my modules.

Basically the same miz file but one for each of: Cold on Ramp, Hot on Ramp and Hot on Runway.

The L-39's used to spawn in their HAS's just fine but yesterday they spawned in on fire as per the OP.

Editing the .miz's to spawn them on the parking ramp, in the open, sorted it.

Of course that's not going to help on an MP server...

Update bug shenanigans methinks ...

Oh! and Hi Justin :thumbup:

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

Yeah, I don't know what the problem is. There's definitely an issue. We found that when flying formation and much like the jet wash or slip stream bug from an aircraft above you caused both aircraft to bounce or shift, this caused the engine to flame out. Sometimes it would happen randomly even when not flying formation. Only fix we found when flying formation especially was to take the lod file out, but that means you can't land or takeoff. ED any info on this being found or being fixed?

Edited by urmomiscallinme

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]On A Wing & A Prayer - In Memory of my Father who was my instructor, pilot, and co-pilot

NZXT H440 Blue | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7-4790k | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 OC | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | WD Caviar Blue 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 | Corsair H100i | Corsair HX750i | Saitek X-55 Rhino | Saitek Pro Flight Pedals | Track IR 5 w/ Proclip

• 3 weeks later...

There is still an issue with a flaming engine in DCS version 2 .

Situation: single player free flight with L-39 over Las Vegas. As soon as you fly under a bridge, a crane or when you roll under a shelter, engine will immediately catch fire.

Don´t know if that is already reported.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

There is still an issue with a flaming engine in DCS version 2 .

Situation: single player free flight with L-39 over Las Vegas. As soon as you fly under a bridge, a crane or when you roll under a shelter, engine will immediately catch fire.

Don´t know if that is already reported.

Ahh... so this is a bug. I couldn't figure out why my L-39 caught on fire after going under the Callaghan-Tillman Memorial Bridge at Hoover Dam a few days ago. I thought I must have hit the structure somehow. It would be nice to get that one fixed.

• 1 month later...