DCS 2.5 on AMD based system

I just wanted to share my setup as I notice many running Intel/Nvidia based systems and few AMD setups. Intel and Nvidia was just overpriced for my taste and I've quite a bit of success running AMD and doing some slight overclocking. I average 90 FPS in VR in an open area and around 40 FPS on a crowded Nellis ramp.

MB: Asus ROG Strix B350F (AM4 Gen 1 & 2 Compatible)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 OC @ 4Ghz & Water-cooled

RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2400

Asus Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB OC

Windows 10 PRO 64

Oculus Rift CV1

Permanent Settings

Textures: HIGH

Terrain Textures: HIGH

Civ. Traffic: OFF

Water: HIGH

Visb. Range: HIGH

Heat Blur: OFF

Shadows :Flat

Resolution: 1080x1920

Res. of Cockpit Displays: 1024

Lens Effect: Flare Only

Terrain Shadows: FLAT

Clutter/Grass: : MAX

Trees: MAX

Variable Settings - Still Testing

MSAA: OFF

FSAA: OFF

Anisotropic Filtering:16x

Cockpit Global Illumination: OFF

Terrain Preload: MAX

ASUS TUF GAMING X670E with AMD RYZEN 5 7600X, 64GB DDR4, ASUS TUF GAMING 4080

Pico 4, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Formally Known As: wpnssgt (google it :smilewink: )

I also have an AMD cpu and I'm happy with it, but for the graphics I prefer nVidia, mostly because of their better drivers.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Would say that Nvidia have better drivers is fake news and is a thing of the past...

I used to have AMD Radeons, and at the moment of me switching over to nVidia, it certainly wasn't fake news.

Maybe AMD has improved their drivers afterwards, but GPUs are fairly expensive and so I will not risk a change over to AMD without a good reason.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

To state that Nvidia has better driver isn’t true and haven’t been for a while. I’m not saying choosing Nvidia is wrong or a bad thing probably the contrary... Nvidia is far ahead of AMD with their GPUs. Look at @AdoredTV’s YouTube channel to get a perspective.

I used to be exclusively Intel and Nvidia until an upgrade was needed and my budget pushed me to AMD. I wanted to give the 1080ti a go but these GPU prices are insane and I've always had to stay a few years behind on current models until now. The Vega 64 has potential and so far handles everything I'm doing, so far...

ASUS TUF GAMING X670E with AMD RYZEN 5 7600X, 64GB DDR4, ASUS TUF GAMING 4080

Pico 4, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Formally Known As: wpnssgt (google it :smilewink: )