DCS P-51D QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

P51D is a starting point. I am aware of 3 German AI aircraft being modelled. No details on completion dates. Similarly for 2ndWW ground units.

Very nice just the kind of response I was hoping for! Gives me something to look forward too ( besides of course whatever the next official D.C.S release is ).

P51D is a starting point. I am aware of 3 German AI aircraft being modelled. No details on completion dates. Similarly for 2ndWW ground units.

Now I am getting even more excited..in seeing this news...ohhhh baby...:thumbup:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

so i just purchased p51 from dcs and followed thier link to download the game. it had a whole bunch of spanish versions of games OTHER than p51 mustang, like blackhawk etc.

i tried going in another way and am now downloading dcs world (looks like about 4 hours or so if my connection hangs on). So, is that going to include the p51? If not, then any clues on how i get the software I purchased?

sorry if this has been asked a bunch before. i do have an email confirmation of the purchase, but it's completely unclear how to proceed, as they say to follow the link (which takes me to NOT p51 games). sigh.

Carry on downloading DCS world (check it's 1.2.1). Then assuming you want the english version of P-51 download the file from the link below, (a few hundred mb I think.) Once it's downloaded install DCS world and then the file below. If you're wondering DCS world is the core and the file from the link contains the P-51D specific parts like the cockpit.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=18&end_pos=136&lang=en

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Carry on downloading DCS world (check it's 1.2.1). Then assuming you want the english version of P-51 download the file from the link below, (a few hundred mb I think.) Once it's downloaded install DCS world and then the file below. If you're wondering DCS world is the core and the file from the link contains the P-51D specific parts like the cockpit.

Thanks! I'll give it a try if this download finishes before I pass away.

EDIT: Got it going, thanks for the link. Configured controls for 4 hours. Did a couple of takeoffs and landings with some success (didn't end up in a flaming pile of wreckage every time).

I did have some trouble configuring my saitek throttle quadrant. Blue screen of death with irq_not_equal_to_or_less_than blah blah whenever I'd set up a band on one of the sliders within the profiler. Assuming the issue has zilch to do with DCS. Gave up on that after about 7 blue screens / reboots, so for now my mixture is on the keyboard unless I can think of some other place to map it.

Edited by avlSteve

DCS Mustang Stability or Unstability?

I am hoping somebody might help me or at least let me know if this is occuring to others.

I got a new system last month and downloaded the latest version of DCS World and the P51 module. Ever since then, i have varying degress of performance or lack of, namely stuttering of screen and abberrant behavior. A few times, the program ran fantastically ..smooth and fast, but most of the time the program stutters. I have tried disabling the internet, shut down anti virus programs I thought might be running in background, reduced texture and resolution to the lowest settings, etc.

Tonite, the keyboard controls failed to work such as F1, F2, etc to change views. I had to go back and re-apply the key commands...default was missing. During flight, the Escape key would not work and I had to use Task Manager to shut down.

Any clues as to what is happening here??..is it me, my system or the program is just unstable.

Previous versions ran fine.

My system specs: OS Windows 7, 64 bit, Hewlett- Packard, AMD FX-6120 Six core processor, 3.5 Ghz, 10 Gb Ram, AMD Radeon 7450 Graphics card with 1.0 Gb adaptable RAM

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stiffstarch

I am hoping somebody might help me or at least let me know if this is occuring to others.

I got a new system last month and downloaded the latest version of DCS World and the P51 module. Ever since then, i have varying degress of performance or lack of, namely stuttering of screen and abberrant behavior. A few times, the program ran fantastically ..smooth and fast, but most of the time the program stutters. I have tried disabling the internet, shut down anti virus programs I thought might be running in background, reduced texture and resolution to the lowest settings, etc.

Tonite, the keyboard controls failed to work such as F1, F2, etc to change views. I had to go back and re-apply the key commands...default was missing. During flight, the Escape key would not work and I had to use Task Manager to shut down.

Any clues as to what is happening here??..is it me, my system or the program is just unstable.

Previous versions ran fine.

My system specs: OS Windows 7, 64 bit, Hewlett- Packard, AMD FX-6120 Six core processor, 3.5 Ghz, 10 Gb Ram, AMD Radeon 7450 Graphics card with 1.0 Gb adaptable RAM

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stiffstarch

stiff, your core looks good. ram is good, and gpu also good.

The main issue is that beta needs re-doing key commands after every patch. that's why I'm currently stuck on 1.2.0 since I know ED will do more patches to fix stuff with P-51 reported, and so, I am sort of riding shotgun..

my advice is, delete your user/Saved Games/DCS World folder, reboot, and re-assign controls. save the profile for column selected (keyboard) then save for HOTAS, then save for Pedals, then trackIR, then try it once more.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I've never had to re-do my controls from any of the auto-updates. I had to spend a few hours re-configuring everything when I moved from 1.2.0. to 1.2.1 (and I still haven't re-made my missions), but once I had 1.2.1, I've never had to touch anything other than my custom view files (and all I have to do here is delete the new ones and copy my backed up custom ones into the right directory). The autoupdates shouldn't mess with your controls.

Thanks Wild Bill...I deleted saved games folder and reprogrammed key and axis responses and I got them back...but still stuttering badly.

I have the settings at the lowest default settings, simulation mode. Unchecked "Disable aero" box. Only get a smooth flight about 10% of the time...yes about once or twice per 10 tries.

I thought this last version is the final version and not in beta anymore.

Still needs a patch, i think....the earlier versions were at least smooth and flyable...I may try to go back to one of those versions as I still have them saved on an external hard drive.

Any more help out there???..Please??

Thanks

Stiffstarch

Oh well, I don't know why, but I can't figure out how to just have the plane on the ramp for a cold start without weapons. Any guidance appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind. I somehow managed to figure it out in the mission editor.

Edited by avlSteve
resolved

Thanks Wild Bill...I deleted saved games folder and reprogrammed key and axis responses and I got them back...but still stuttering badly.

I have the settings at the lowest default settings, simulation mode. Unchecked "Disable aero" box. Only get a smooth flight about 10% of the time...yes about once or twice per 10 tries.

I thought this last version is the final version and not in beta anymore.

Still needs a patch, i think....the earlier versions were at least smooth and flyable...I may try to go back to one of those versions as I still have them saved on an external hard drive.

Any more help out there???..Please??

Thanks

Stiffstarch

glad you got them back. atm, all I can recommend is clean and defrag your HDD, uninstall unnecessary items, and disable background tasks.

my settings for mobility radeon

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=71504&d=1349490105

I will get a new PC once home.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Thanks again Wild Bill..one more question...I am new to Windows 7 only had it about a month...Is there a trick to disabling the background tasks?? I have looked and not been able to find how to do this. I thought that might be part of the problem here also.

I feel kind of stupid asking this, but what the hell.

Thanks again.

Stiffstarch

Engine seizure?

My engine seizes. Like, a lot. Shortly after T.O. In a climb. While trying to pursue the targets in the gunnery training. In fact, any time I've flown.

Air controls are ram and normal in auto. RPM is 2500 to 2600 after T.O.

Edited by H00T

Yes; but, how do I achieve power for climb or pursuit without pushing the engine beyond 30"? Incidentally, I completed a flight just now without seizure by keeping the oil cooler open in manual. We are talking below 5000' here. I noticed oil temp got more manageable about 10 mins into flight. When, if ever, can you switch to auto and forget the oil temp? Edit: Nope, I did it again. The only thing i did different this time was leaving the booster pump on during climb out. Can fuel pressure cause a seize? I have to be missing something here.

Edited by H00T

Thanks again Wild Bill..one more question...I am new to Windows 7 only had it about a month...Is there a trick to disabling the background tasks?? I have looked and not been able to find how to do this. I thought that might be part of the problem here also.

I feel kind of stupid asking this, but what the hell.

Thanks again.

Stiffstarch

Ctrl+Alt+Delete? You're kidding, right? :music_whistling:

Control feedback using text messages?

Hi,

I fly a number of combat flight sims including the IL2 series and Cliffs of Dover.

These sims provide a text message on the screen indicating what control/switch input has been activated. While not "realistic" in the strict sense, I find that feedback very useful, particularly for those of us who used mapped controller input instead of mouse control to activate aircraft switches, levers, etc. As for the "realism" concern, using a mouse to click on a two dimension "cockpit" control isn't "real" either.

Addition of visual control feedback via message on the screen would improve this sim (IMO).

Any plans to do that?

Thanks,

JJohnson241

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

ok got a question...just bought p51 and when i tried to install it got this message DCS world version 1.2.1.5970 should be installed, but found...ok so I tried to install DCS world and when i tried to run the exe file after downloading all bin files and placing them in a single folder it said source file corrupted...WTF!!!!

Yes; but, how do I achieve power for climb or pursuit without pushing the engine beyond 30"? Incidentally, I completed a flight just now without seizure by keeping the oil cooler open in manual. We are talking below 5000' here. I noticed oil temp got more manageable about 10 mins into flight. When, if ever, can you switch to auto and forget the oil temp? Edit: Nope, I did it again. The only thing i did different this time was leaving the booster pump on during climb out. Can fuel pressure cause a seize? I have to be missing something here.

Without seeing what you're doing, it's impossible to say for sure, but there are a couple of things which come to mind. Firstly: is your engine at max continuous settings, for both MAP and RPM? It isn't good enough to just fiddle with the throttle; you also need to adjust the propeller lever accordingly. Secondly, what speed are you climbing at? You need to be at best climb speed or higher; if you're slower, you've got less airflow cooling the engine.

I've never once had my engine seize except for when hit by gunfire (except for when I crash into the ground; it seizes then, too [grin]). As long as you climb at best climb speed, at max continuous or max cruise settings, you shouldn't over-heat. Also be sure that you aren't ever over-revolving the engine; that is, ensure that the RPMs never exceed ~3200. It's primarily a problem in dives, but it can happen under other conditions as well, especially if you're ham-fisted on the throttle (and/or have insufficient throw on your throttle slider, such as my joystick's).

Note that best climb speed varies based on your mass, power setting, and altitude. It goes up with your mass, up with power, and down with altitude. (I'm not certain, but I'd guess that it also goes up with loss of lift and increase of drag, from icing or wing damage.) So if you're at max cruise instead of military power, best climb speed'll probably be a bit below 180; try 170, but surely no less than 165.

Edited by Echo38