DCS P-51D QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Whom should I contact about this?

You could open a support ticket here. They are quite backlog at this time though, from what I have been hearing.

http://support.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

I understand what you are asking for. The problem is that for you to have beta access you need a key now. When you get a boxed version (whenever that comes out) it will have a key in the box. Now you have two keys.

Most companies do not have a facility for making an existing key invalid/non-functional so ED would need to create a system just to handle a very uncommon purchasing scenario.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I know this probably ought to be in the multiplayer section, but specifically re the Pony - where are the servers to practise coop and head to head fighting?

Am I not looking in the right places?

I have our server up usually everyday..will be up in and hour or so...

Virtual Tuskegee Airmen....usually for formations...but for those who newly acquired the DCS-P51D Mustang, and wish to get familar with it...

Hope to see you..:thumbup:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Thanks Wolf.

I've seen your server up a few times - I'll join you guys next time I see it, and say hi. I've gotta do stuff for a few hours today but might get some time later.

I should warn you - I haven't practised ANY formation stuff at all, (even with the guns on safe, I'll probably be a danger to myself and others:))

I'll keep out of the way (and try and get team speak organised).

Thx

Thanks Wolf.

I've seen your server up a few times - I'll join you guys next time I see it, and say hi. I've gotta do stuff for a few hours today but might get some time later.

I should warn you - I haven't practised ANY formation stuff at all, (even with the guns on safe, I'll probably be a danger to myself and others:))

I'll keep out of the way (and try and get team speak organised).

Thx

thats why its a practice server...mistakes happen..then we try again and again and again..no big deal...

[/Table]

Hey Wolf,

It was good to fly with you, albeit fairly briefly on Sunday as 'Telemachus', next time I'll just sign on as Viamanaman - but still don't know the ropes, as you'll have probably noticed, sorry about exploding a 51 on your server:doh:

Anyway not done much MP and worried about fouling other more experienced players up, but working on comms so should be good to go shortly.

I Must practise TO and LDG!

Hope to fly with you again soon.

Thanks V

Hey Wolf,

It was good to fly with you, albeit fairly briefly on Sunday as 'Telemachus', next time I'll just sign on as Viamanaman - but still don't know the ropes, as you'll have probably noticed, sorry about exploding a 51 on your server:doh:

Anyway not done much MP and worried about fouling other more experienced players up, but working on comms so should be good to go shortly.

I Must practise TO and LDG!

Hope to fly with you again soon.

Thanks V

Okay cool don't sweat it bud...its a practice server for those who might need help...along with us doing " F " practice...all are welcome..:thumbup:

[/Table]

• 2 weeks later...

Quick P51 question.

Ok..this might not be the right place to post this as it might be more of a bud report than a question...but I have searched a fair number of times in the forum and coulndt find a single mention of it.

I am flying the P51-D Mustang,,,since the first beta actually. But one thing I have noticed is that every once in a while, the radio menu stops working and no matter how many times I try to bring it up,,,it does not respond. Like I said, this might be a bud report so pardon the intrusion here. '

But has there been any mention of this anywhere,,,if anyone knows?? It just randomly happens in the middle of missions and I was recently playing the CAS on Demand mission where you have to re-spawn the enemies with the radio menu F10 command,,and this happened- no radio menu showing up after pressing ' \' key.

Or and I should mention I have "the bigger radio menu" mod enabled,, but I have experienced this with normal radio menu before.

Any answer greatly appreciated....and once again...pardon if this is the wrong place for this. :music_whistling::P

Edited by Bigtall

i had to reset my button for push to talk. i use right alt + \ keys then f10 for the spawn menu.

in the controls / P51 Real / communication menu / it shows as

Right Alt+OEM12, which probally means my keyboard isnt a US based keyboard or maybe it is Us based ive no idea. im using a Razer blackwidow keyboard.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I enjoy having the P-51D in modern missions. It is is hard to fly against modern enemy weapons, even the BMP3 kills the P-51D without leaving a big hole,, just one golden BB from a ground gun and the P-51D water cooled engine is pooched... but it's still nice to fly this WWII warbird against modern weapons...

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

i had to reset my button for push to talk. i use right alt + \ keys then f10 for the spawn menu.

in the controls / P51 Real / communication menu / it shows as

Right Alt+OEM12, which probally means my keyboard isnt a US based keyboard or maybe it is Us based ive no idea. im using a Razer blackwidow keyboard.

Thanks Ali,,,it never occurred to me to use the radio by using the actual P51 radio,,, right alt + \ key. works just fine even when the radio menu will not show up ... \ key. :thumbup:

P-51 help and A10c CD bought and dcs world

Got one? Ask here!

I bought the down loaded version of the P-51. It has no (voice instruction).

I reviewed the notes as to how to turn down volumes to hear the instructors voice but that didn't work and no one responds to my E-tickets on the website for help.

Any Ideas? Also, I bought the cd version of A10C. loads fine and works great but the DCS world doesn't recognize it when I open it up thru dcs world desktop Icon and it want me to pay to download it again. Any way to update DCS to recognize its a CD version?

Thanks

John

How can I modify specifics in the load of the P51, in the mission editor I get options for fuel amount (0-100%) and for the weapons. What I want to do is give the aircraft droptanks, which I can't find anywhere, and have different fuel loads in different tanks.

My aim is to shift the centre of gravity towards the rear and experiment with the stall and spin characteristics of the aircraft (if they are complete/approximated at near completion that is).

<VAAF>

Virtual Australian Air-Force :thumbup::joystick::pilotfly:

What I want to do is give the aircraft droptanks, which I can't find anywhere....

Right-Click stations 4 and 7 - they are right there:

lzxXp.png

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Right-Click stations 4 and 7 - they are right there:

Thanks, I found I could do it by changing the tasking of the flight as well. Now to figure out how to load the separate tanks differently.

<VAAF>

Virtual Australian Air-Force :thumbup::joystick::pilotfly:

hi, can anyone tell me when DCS p-51 will be release? And if I will be able to buy it on steam? Thank you

There has been no information available regarding a release date, beyond the initial indication that it would occur this year.

With regard to Steam, according to ED, Steam is not interested in hosting other DCS products. It would be best to assume that it will not be available on Steam in the near term, at the very least.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Now to figure out how to load the separate tanks differently.

You have no control over how much fuel goes in each tank, beyond specifying the total fuel load.

Well ED have annoonced FC3 but can we deal with one release at a time please? I would like to know when DCS P51 will be officially released first?

I paid for this title quite some time ago now but still it's not out.

Please note, this is not a rant, I would just like to know that my money will finally see some value shortly.

Cheers,

Tim.

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic90244_1.gif[/sIGPIC]Windows 7 Ultimate 64 on OCZ SSD, (AM3)AMD955BE x4 3.2GHz - GPU AMD6950 x2Gb - 16Gb Ripjaw G-Skill DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz

https://www.facebook.com/#!/FerociousFrankie

Well ED have annoonced FC3 but can we deal with one release at a time please? I would like to know when DCS P51 will be officially released first?

I paid for this title quite some time ago now but still it's not out.

Please note, this is not a rant, I would just like to know that my money will finally see some value shortly.

Cheers,

Tim.

in my opinion, I'd rather not complain about it, since 2012 is just short of 3 months, and P-51 was released in may, so, I guess we can expect it by 2012 :D

According to wags, from simHQ interview, he mentions nevada map to be also in 2012. I think that is the last of 2012 work for ED. unless Becz wraps up the mig-21.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 3 weeks later...

Question: is it possible to restrict my camera limits so that I cannot place my virtual head in an impossible location? Currently, I can (and accidentally do, even when trying not to) put my virtual head in such a position that it intersects the plexiglass or one of the canopy bars. I looked through the view files, and found lines for restricting camera rotation limits and FoV, but none for restricting camera movement limits.

See attached picture for example of V-head in impossible position. (The canopy is closed, although it'd be wrong even if it were open.) Any help in a workaround to this problem would be welcome.

Screen_120917_041353.thumb.jpg.f9d7a94a5981e08748c320d954055388.jpg

Edited by Echo38

The DCS: P-51D manual states on page 85, "If hot air is used, the Ram Air Control lever should be set to UNRAMMED FILTERED AIR to prevent cold ram air from entering the carburetor." Then, on page 86, it says: "When set to HOT AIR, the hot air door is open and warm air from the engine compartment enters the carburetor. Note, the warm air door is spring-loaded and will open automatically in case of icing or other foreign object obstruction due to the suction on the carburetor."

So, if there is icing or debris in the (carburetor or intake?), the warm air door automatically opens, and according to the previous part, whenever the warm air door is open, we should set the other lever it to unrammed filtered. Question is, how do we know whether the warm air door has automatically opened, so that we can set the other lever in the right place? Does the spring which opens the warm air door also move the warm air lever, giving us an indicator? Or do we just have to figure it out by looking at a temperature guage? If the latter, which guage? Carb temp?