Campaign INTERCEPTOR - English edition

campaignimage.jpg

Greeting to all the community.

I created an F-18 campaign for the Caucasus theater. It's a single pilot campaign for the Caucasus theater composed of 5 missions. With Voiceovers and a story behind that I hope it would make it more inmersive and fun. There's a PDF in the downloaded folder with all the necessary info for the installation and documentation for every mission and the campaign itself. The missions are not hard leveled, but you will have to stick to the flight plans briefed and the ROEs, as it'd be in real life.

Download link is shown below. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks and you can contact me if any help is needed.

-----------------------------

You are a captain with more than a thousand flight hours on one of the most emblematic jets of all history, the F-18 Hornet. Your Wing, the Spanish 12th Air Wing, has been deployed on Georgia for giving assistance on interception tasks on its air space, while they are upgrading some systems on most planes of their fleet.

For the last few weeks, rain and snow have been hitting that part of the continent, making air communications and flight traffic especially difficult, for civil planes as well as for military ones. Therefore, it’s expected our Wing to act at some point and the stakes are high.

Update 17thJuly´20

- Updated some radio messages that were not traslated into english.

Download link:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311145/

Edited by Birdman81

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Very well done campaign so far. At mission 3 currently. Mission 2 was very nice surprise :)

Nicely done intro arrival mission that is fun to fly actually. Some impressive weather also. Follow me car is great idea.

Thanks for it and thumbs up!

Very well done campaign so far. At mission 3 currently. Mission 2 was very nice surprise :)

Nicely done intro arrival mission that is fun to fly actually. Some impressive weather also. Follow me car is great idea.

Thanks. Hope you enjoy the rest of the campaign. Fly safe :pilotfly:

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Just tried mission 4 and i have little problem. I think I done all tasks and still mission result was 50 and mission failure. I saw last bandit on SA page and saw as my wingman shot him down and I got message that last one remains but I can't find it. All clear so decided to hit the tanker as wingman called bingo and then returned home and parked.

Maybe I missed something?

Here is trk recording: http://prekladytextu.eu/DCS/interceptor_m4_trk.zip

Just tried mission 4 and i have little problem. I think I done all tasks and still mission result was 50 and mission failure. I saw last bandit on SA page and saw as my wingman shot him down and I got message that last one remains but I can't find it. All clear so decided to hit the tanker as wingman called bingo and then returned home and parked.

Maybe I missed something?

Here is trk recording: http://prekladytextu.eu/DCS/interceptor_m4_trk.zip

Yeah, you missed the mission success just by one bandit. If AWACS told you that one remained and you could not take him down, that's it. You had to destroy that last bandit. God luck next time!! You're almost there!

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Ohh ok. Strange nor my wingman or AWACS was able to see that last one. I will try again today.

TBH I would like to have some failsafe measurement for cases like that as it is bit frustrating. I understand Tu-160 needs to be destroyed at all cost but when some mig just run home cos player miss him I will not prevent mission success.

Otherwise campaing was super fun so far. I like A2A only theme.

Edited by ataribaby

Campaign INTERCEPTOR - English edition

I am probably doing something wrong....

But in mission 2 i had an issue...i tried the mission twice.

I took off and was directed to incercept a contact at be 270/100nm....but on my scope at that spot there was only a friendly contact..i directed there and indeed it was a friendly c-5..

The second time i saw in sa page a red hostile contact and went there..(but on a totally different location from what told on the text message) it was a lutfhansa boeing 747 and when i wen near appeared a message to communicate number via f10 menu...but on the “enemy” plane I couldn’t find any identification number. I picked a random one from the f10 menu and it was wrong but awacs told me to RTB...I did rtb but the mission was failed...

So two issues

1) wrong bullseye call

2) wrong skin for civilian plane maybe?

about bullseye i put waypoint 2 as AA waypoint as written in the briefing....

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Finally mission 4 beated. Was trikcy one ;)

Well done!!! :pilotfly:

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Just small bug in mission #5 of English campaign version - F10 comms menu is still in Spanish.

I forgot to translate it. Thanks for reporting. Will update it.

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Campaign won! Very nice and fun to fly air-to-air mini campaign.

Thanks a lot and take care.

Thanks buddy!!

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

I am probably doing something wrong....

But in mission 2 i had an issue...i tried the mission twice.

I took off and was directed to incercept a contact at be 270/100nm....but on my scope at that spot there was only a friendly contact..i directed there and indeed it was a friendly c-5..

The second time i saw in sa page a red hostile contact and went there..(but on a totally different location from what told on the text message) it was a lutfhansa boeing 747 and when i wen near appeared a message to communicate number via f10 menu...but on the “enemy” plane I couldn’t find any identification number. I picked a random one from the f10 menu and it was wrong but awacs told me to RTB...I did rtb but the mission was failed...

So two issues

1) wrong bullseye call

2) wrong skin for civilian plane maybe?

about bullseye i put waypoint 2 as AA waypoint as written in the briefing....

Hi.

1) The Bullseye reference call is valid when you hear the call. But the plane is moving and obviously when you reach that point it will surely not be there. You can contact AWACS anytime for vectors to the contact.

2) Maybe you did not install de Civil Aircraft Mod correctly. In the PDF you have a way to check if it is ok. Or maybe you intercept the wrong trace. The number is a small code on both sides of the tail.

If you reported a random number and it was not correct, that's the reason you got a mission fail. That's the way the mission prevents pilots from cheating. Disabling external views and giving different code numbers to choose from. If you report a wrong code, the interception was not done properly and AWACS will order you RTB and mission fail.

Next time, check the proper MOD installation first of all. After that, start the mission, depart and fly to the area referenced in the Bullseye call. while reaching there, contact AWACS to update the contact's position. And that's it. Get close to it, report its code number and... (NO SPOILER)

Thanks and good luck.

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Hi.

1) The Bullseye reference call is valid when you hear the call. But the plane is moving and obviously when you reach that point it will surely not be there. You can contact AWACS anytime for vectors to the contact.

2) Maybe you did not install de Civil Aircraft Mod correctly. In the PDF you have a way to check if it is ok. Or maybe you intercept the wrong trace. The number is a small code on both sides of the tail.

If you reported a random number and it was not correct, that's the reason you got a mission fail. That's the way the mission prevents pilots from cheating. Disabling external views and giving different code numbers to choose from. If you report a wrong code, the interception was not done properly and AWACS will order you RTB and mission fail.

Next time, check the proper MOD installation first of all. After that, start the mission, depart and fly to the area referenced in the Bullseye call. while reaching there, contact AWACS to update the contact's position. And that's it. Get close to it, report its code number and... (NO SPOILER)

Thanks and good luck.

1) I know that the aircraft moves...but at 270/100nm there was a contact when the call was done. I followed that contact on my scope and when near i saw it was a US transport aircraft.

2) this contact was very far from the bullseye call on the opposite side actually...the 270/100nm was on the sea, while this contact was near the border between russia and georgia....it was the only one red on the sa page and the only one for which the awacs gave vectors (i asked both picture and bogey dope).

So probably I didn’t install the civilian aircraft mod correctly or the package i have is missing some skins....as the number I saw had nothing to do with the options in the f10 menu.

Also as the bullseye call from the ai awacs corresponded to the contact i saw on my radar then I think that the mission dialog call is wrong.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Campaign updated with some radio messages that were not traslated into english. No need to reinstall if you already started the campaign, cause there are only small and irrelevant changes.

Thanks.

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

• 10 months later...