The Enemy Within 3.0

Just go for it. You have a pause button and Google and YouTube at your disposal :)

Good point. :)

I have to say that with every single flight sim I've flown, I never felt that I was really ready to fly a full-blown campaign. At some point I did start one, though, and every single time I learned so much more from flying a campaign than I could have from flying twice the amount of single missions... it's not just rewarding, it's also a great learning experience.

I'm just trying to say, "The Enemy Within" is certainly not aimed at complete nuggets, so it's probably a good idea to get to a certain level of familiarity with the jet before starting it.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creating waypoints from MGRS coords and from Bullseye offsets is a must. Tuning radio freqs for all 3 radios is a must.

The radios are easy, like every other one plane, I used them yestarday without training.

I'll look for the 2 other things.

Finally I'll play other misions before, Stone Shield, Sturmovik, OPF, and finally TEW, the cherry the last thing you eat from the pie.

After that I hope to have some proficiency ... and if not, I'll play the Red Flag one !!!!! :lol:

Thanks everyone for the comments :)

@Baltic Dragon, any possibilities to release one of the missions Multiplayer? My favorite is #7 and #15.

thanks!!

This has been a popular request for a very long time. Baltic responded quite recently by releasing TEW3.0 MP here...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=245203

Cheers

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

• 5 months later...

Thanks for your reply. I didn't want to blame him, just asking here as I experienced this in EW3.0. Sorry if it sounded that way, and thanks for the advise. Still the best campaign out there IMHO ! :thumbup:

Edited by Razor18

Make sure you hook him with TAD and send him the SPI, then he'll be a bit smarter. If that alone doesn't help, have him anchor and try again. Just don't tell him to rejoin, he might RTB.

Cheers,

Bonzo :pilotfly:

Should I first make my SPI (with whatever SOI, not just on the TAD, right?), hook him actively, send the target, and then say the command to "Engage with..."

Yup other problem is he mostly just want to bug out (RTB), didn't know it was due to the "Rejoin" command. Thanks for that too...

Hey! Yes, sharing SPI should work or at least help. Also, try to use more general commands (so engage X type of units instead of engage X with Y from Z). Finally, sometime it makes sense to make a low pass over enemy - when you hear your wingman calling out targets, then he will engage them when asked.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks, BD,

only problem if I don't use "Engage with..." (which sends them to a specific SPI at least), just "Engage" command, then Nr 2 and 3 always going for TGT's at Papa and not at Uniform, where I want to send them (Mission 13)

Oh, and just broadcasting SPI didn't solve it either.

That doesn't work, because they usually destroy the main objective with missile and or LGB while targeting Air Defense in close proximity to them. And, I'm also taking chances doing just that with my weapons available (if I don't want to dive head first into MANPAD envelope).

Edited by Razor18

Hi Dragon,

stopped counting after about 15x failure, here are my experience with Mission 13.

Wingmen don't go after targets at my SPI. They lock it, but with their purple lines on, just flying in circles.

If I let them go using "Engage", they are definitely going after AAA at Papa, don't take care of Uniform. They drop an LGB into the "negative" corner onto the MANPAD, so the objective building collapses, mission fail.

Then I manged to kill all AA, #3 ejected, #2 limped home, landed, taxied, and shut down engine. Meanwhile I'm provoding overwatch over Papa. Last radio transmission was "Uzi 1-1 prepare for extraction". Then nothing happened. Time warp forward, nothing happened. Avenger is standing in two groups of four in the negative corner of the main building, looking at the two Mi-17 idling (and sliding downslope ever so slightly), doing nothing.

What do I do wrong? Thanks

Nothing.. guess you have to wait a bit until 2.5.6 is fixed - at least to allow the helos to land. I will have a look at the mission today - already re-saved whole campaign under 2.5.6 which seems to have solved some of the problems, but not all.

There is a general issue with some of the ground units refusing to move, and guess this is what affects this mission. I will see if I can fix it somehow - the least I can do is to include F10 radio menu option that will push the campaign forward while we are waiting for the fix.

will be in touch on this!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey Razor.. so, it turns out that the MANPAD also didn't move after spawning, just like the SF. Which means when he was attacked, the whole building would go down. Internally fixed now (both issues). Thanks for reporting!

Boy, that was quick! Came out with todays Beta update ! Thanks a lot. At least now I can try AGAIN today ! :lol::thumbup:

Thank You !

Edited by Razor18