New Fulcrum PFM is very susceptible to PIO and excessive bounce.

DmitriKozlowsky

12 hours ago, Tin_Rat said:

It's like the landing gear animation is off?

Yep, full bend in smooth landing is wrong. Compare to this - almost stiff.

btw: with 6 AAMs you're not exactly super light.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

7 minutes ago, draconus said:

Yep, full bend in smooth landing is wrong. Compare to this - almost stiff.

Also seems it unbends at a different rate than you'd expect from the side? I swear it sometimes actually looks better on the tracks in slo-mo than full speed. What do you think? My landing should be smooth enough I thought?

The video I used as reference were Indian MiGs landing.

And yeah, not super light. At 2tons or 3 tons of fuel, it bounces worse. Roughly 1500kg in my track and 6 AAM (4 R-77s, 2 R-73s). But I don't think it's too unreasonable. If you never fire, I don't expect to just jettison my missiles before landing, haha.

12 hours ago, Tin_Rat said:

Sure. Mostly seen from the side. It's like the landing gear animation is off? Or I'm just going crazy. 

Issue MiG-29 Land - Light - Bounce Flare 2.trk 551.16 kB · 2 downloads

In my viewing of the track the starts compress (a lot) but the wheels never leave the runway. 

1 minute ago, Tin_Rat said:

Also seems it unbends at a different rate than you'd expect from the side? I swear it sometimes actually looks better on the tracks in slo-mo than full speed. What do you think? My landing should be smooth enough I thought?

The video I used as reference were Indian MiGs landing.

And yeah, not super light. At 2tons or 3 tons of fuel, it bounces worse. Roughly 1500kg in my track and 6 AAM (4 R-77s, 2 R-73s). But I don't think it's too unreasonable. If you never fire, I don't expect to just jettison my missiles before landing, haha.

Regardless of weight, the struts should not be unloading like that in a gentle landing.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

57 minutes ago, Ironhand said:

In my viewing of the track the starts compress (a lot) but the wheels never leave the runway. 

Hmm, maybe it's something linked to my settings? It's slight, but it seems they are slightly off the ground. And then the struts extend (thanks Ironhand, couldn't put my finger on what I was finding off). In these last two images on the runway I can see the struts extend. or I'm just going crazy.

Screen_230228_154933 - Copy.jpg

Screen_230228_154939 - Copy.jpg

Screen_230228_154948 - Copy.jpg

That’s white smoke making it look elevated. The animation wraps the smoke effect around the tire starting from the front.

Yes. The strut animation seems extreme.

Edited by Ironhand

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

8 hours ago, Ironhand said:

That’s white smoke making it look elevated. The animation wraps the smoke effect around the tire starting from the front.

Are you sure? There's surely smoke going on, but the shadow on the tires doesn't seem to line up, and the strut seems to extend more while the plane is kept at the same position? I guess it could be just me going crazy from looking at the wheels for too long, though the extreme animation not lining up with the plane is technically possible. Either way, if it gets fixed I'd expect the issue to go away.

2 hours ago, Tin_Rat said:

I guess it could be just me going crazy...

You probably are since you keep talking about it every post.

If you still want to chase it you have to watch the slow down in some really close in side view, with camera level at the ground (there are some autoexec.cfg parameters for removing the camera limits, it might be helpful) then report your findings in the new thread with a track, description and a screenshot - only then you can get the devs' attention to do anything about it.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

13 hours ago, draconus said:

You probably are since you keep talking about it every post.

Luckily I got some good feedback and second opinions. So we were able to have a discussion about MiG landings. Will probably take a break to regain some sanity then, and then take your suggestions to chase it some more. Thanks for the autoexec suggestion, as I wasn't aware of it. And generally for your opinion. 

16 hours ago, Tin_Rat said:

…I guess it could be just me going crazy from looking at the wheels for too long…

No. You’re not going crazy. I checked from a different angle and the tires definitely leave the runway:

As draconus suggested, it’d be best to create a new thread in order to report it. This isn’t the thread to leave it in. Include your track and, if you want, link the above video which is made from your track.

Edit: I thought I had posted this 3 hours ago. Just came back and realized I had written it but not posted it. Anyway, I don’t think you have much more chasing to do.

Edited by Ironhand

_____