Keyguide For FC3

Wadeyboy

I can't find a keyguide for FC3 anywhere. The new manuals are excellent but none of them have just a keyguide that you can either print out and put on your lap to refer to as you play, or in my case, I just got a small monitor off a friend so that I can have the manual/keyguide displayed on that to refer to while I play the game, which I have displayed on my flat screen tv.

I have the keyguide for LOMAC obviously but there are a lot of changes in FC3 plus I've also been told that all the keys are being changed or have already been, in an update.

Unfortunately (and maybe you can tell me why), when you click on the manual or keyguide displayed on the smaller monitor to change page or scroll down, the game running on my main display minimizes to the task bar, although it does keep on running because I can still hear the sound and you can click on it on the task bar to bring it back onto the screen. But this is a big pain in the backside when you have to refer to the manuals so often with such complex games as the DCS series. On the Steam version it's even worse because it moves the manual nearly completely off the screen of the smaller monitor. I thought that in these days of only getting manuals in PDF format which are prohibitively expensive to print out on an inkjet printer, getting the smaller monitor and having the manual to refer to on that, would be a great workaround to no longer getting a physical manual like you used to in the old days of PC Gaming, where you could have it on your lap to refer to as you played. It does actually work in a lot of games (although not any on Steam) but unfortunately not in any of the DCS World modules (I also have the A10C, KA50 2 and the Huey which I bought on Steam). But because I have LOMAC and wanted to get FC3, I now use the non Steam version of DCS World (there was no way I was going to buy each of the FC3 planes individually, which is what you have to do to play FC3 aircraft on Steam. Providing they release all the aircraft featured in FC3, it would end up setting you back over £120!).

Anyway, back to my original question, where is the FC3 keyguide to be found please?

There isn't one.

You can, however, use the 'Make HTML' button when you are in Options>Controls. This will create a set of html files one of which will be 'keyboard.html' You can print that as is but a better solution is to import it into a spreadsheet program so that you can sort/organize it.

You will have to do this for each aircraft.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks for that cichlidfan. I have to say though that really sucks. I've never come across a flight sim in all my years in gaming that doesn't have a keyguide! That is a severe oversight and one which ED need to rectify asap. A flight sim with all those different aircraft and no keyguide? Outrageous and lazy on behalf of ED and there's no excuse!

With all due respect, I don't recall seeing one for Cliffs of Dover (beyond the description section of the manual which does not list keys). The key map for Rise of Flight has been out of date for years and the manual has them spread out through the pertinent section of the manual. War Thunder (if you want to count it) also does not provide a key map outside of the game. Nor does BMS.

FSX does have one, as does AeroflyFS and I can't recall what XPlane 10 provides.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

They will be in ..\Saved Games\DCS\InputLayoutsTxt\*aircraft name*

With all due respect, I don't recall seeing one for Cliffs of Dover (beyond the description section of the manual which does not list keys). The key map for Rise of Flight has been out of date for years and the manual has them spread out through the pertinent section of the manual. War Thunder (if you want to count it) also does not provide a key map outside of the game. Nor does BMS.

FSX does have one, as does AeroflyFS and I can't recall what XPlane 10 provides.

Maybe so but they are simulating much older aircraft that don't require so many key commands to memorise. As for Cliffs Of Dover, there is a mod called Team Fusion mod which has a keyguide, BMS uses many of the same keys as Falcon 4 which came with a keyguide and Rise Of Flight has one you can print out from their website (although I maybe mistaking that for one of it's fan websites).

I have created a some keyboard maps for all to use. The keyboard maps also have additional information on weapons, airborne radars, ground radars and airports.

They are designed to be printed on A3 sized paper.

Current list includes

A-10C

F-15C

KA-50

Su-25T

Su 27 & 33

Use at your leisure, enjoy. beniboy :book:

beniboy's DCS A-10C keyboard map and info v2.pdf

beniboy's DCS F-15C keyboard map and info v2.pdf

beniboy's DCS KA-50 keyboard map and info v2.pdf

beniboy's DCS SU-25T keyboard map and info v2.pdf

beniboy's DCS SU-27 & 33 keyboard map and info v2.pdf

1058299841_A-10Cscreen1.jpg.3b7bb85b025cd05720faa3c5d8e39d81.jpg

1898461913_A-10Cscreen2.jpg.9f2a4b374cbd48d7a723b6bb5a34dc9f.jpg

1150552069_F-15Cscreen1.jpg.32f397cfbd821f0244af0a94b1f0b435.jpg

1939776124_F-15Cscreen2.jpg.41377567911d6b40e3db35e39267e7b7.jpg

Edited by beniboy
Updated attachments to v2 from feedback
  • Like 4

I have created a some keyboard maps for all to use. The keyboard maps also have additional information on weapons, airborne radars, ground radars and airports.

Current list includes

A-10C

F-15C

KA-50

Su-25T

Su 27 & 33

God bless you, beniboy.

• 2 months later...

very usefull. many thanks!

PopovQc (425 ETACv Alouettes)

Montreal, Québec, Canada

Je parle français et anglais - I speak French & English.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8 cpu), Motherboard : ASUS Sabertooth X79, 16GigRam, DX11, Win10, GeForce RTX2070 8GB & Oculus Rift S & HP Reverb :P

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

These look useful /// are there more updates since original?

Perhaps you can help me understand the difference in identifying a weapon on a chart like this, or in the help, or even in the load out screen, compared to on the HUD. I have english Cockpits for SU27 and 25T, and more often than not i cannot understand which weapon pops up on the HUD reading the identifying characters. Is this just experience ? or is there a better way to figure out the names on the HUD. I also notice only 3 Air to Gorund Missles,,,, thought there were more, the "29T" on the hud - TV guided -

Not all weapons can be mounted on all hardpoints. Kh-29T can only be mounted on inboard racks, unlike the radar Kh-29s.

And yes you need to spend time and learn (god forbid) this game. Everything is based on reality so there's a nice big manual called the Internet with lots of documentation in addition to the manuals and failing that, the ingame encyclopedia. There are also some nice inventions called pencil and paper that you can use to write these things down and have beside you instead of waiting on someone else to do it for you!

• 3 years later...

Current list includes

A-10C

F-15C

KA-50

Su-25T

Su 27 & 33

Thank,much thank!: Thumbup:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...