Rockets and bombs P-51D Mustang

jayef69

Recently bought P51D Mustang and I have yet been able to shoot rockets or release bombs. Can someone help me please. Can't wait to get into missions with my Mustang.

Can I program or is there a program to have rockets fire or a bomb drop by hitting one switch on the joystick. I know most of you hate to help a newbie but I seriously need help from the pro's on this one.

I sincerely appreciate any help.

Jaye Fayed

Everett, WA

jfayed@comcast.net

There's a switch in front you need to flick.. Not on my PC at the mo but some one here will probably beat me to it and post a screenie....

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Map the controls to fire guns and release weapons from the controls page in options.

You do have to setup some switches to actually use them while flying, but that's explained pretty well by the tutorial.

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

Recently bought P51D Mustang and I have yet been able to shoot rockets or release bombs. Can someone help me please. Can't wait to get into missions with my Mustang.

Can I program or is there a program to have rockets fire or a bomb drop by hitting one switch on the joystick. I know most of you hate to help a newbie but I seriously need help from the pro's on this one.

I sincerely appreciate any help.

Hi mate, it's very easy, I suggest you follow the tutorials and the little campaign, it's awesome!

All weapon systems are located on the middle dashboard underneath the main instrument panel behind your stick. You can also switch your guns and gunsight (+camera) in there and the rest of the switches are for bombs and rockets.

There is one 4 way switch which selects rockets (up) or bomb train (middle left) or bomb both (middle right). Default is the middle position which is none selected / safe. When you press your secondary weapon release button, what's gonna happen depends on the position of this switch. (Default key is '8' iirc)

The bombs the do have two 3 way switches each: safe / arm / release. Left bomb rack is key 6, right wing bomb rack is 7. So you arm them and then select if you want to release them both in the same time or one by one and that's it. Same switch works for the external droptanks hence the 3rd option/ Default setting is safe (middle position).

Then you have rocket controls (delay / ins.) and reset counter but that's easy to figure out.

Hope that helped.