[MISSION] Mjolnir Response mission 2 trigger bug

bolek

In mission 2 of the "Mjolnir Response" campaign the orders are to drop bombs close to the Russian Navy ships but if you do this the mission will fail. This is because the trigger is based on a fixed zone at waypoint 3 (where the ships start) but by the time you get there the ships have sailed outside of the zone.

I wonder if the behavior changed in a recent DCS update? The ships are deactivated on mission start. Perhaps in old DCS versions this was preventing the ships from sailing but now it doesn't?

The easy (but unsatisfying :)) workaround is to drop the bombs at waypoint 3 instead of near the ships.

Thanks

Bolek

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Playing on Stable (2.5.6.49798) and found that this mission was still messed up. It looks like ED changed the trigger logic at some point.

This combination for Triggers no longer works:

Trigger Type = Once

and

Event = Mission Start

The Russian Group AI Off trigger never fired (nor does the flag for setting Results = 50), so they start sailing off immediately. I changed all of those triggers to Trigger Type = Mission Start and it worked fine. I can upload the saved file if anyone doesn't want to mess with editing the mission.

Or you can just drop the bombs at B3, as Bolek originally stated (which is still unsatisfying). :)

Edit: Mission 4 also has a used-to-work-but-now-doesn't Once/Mission Start trigger, but it appears to be for cinematics which shouldn't impact the mission itself.

Edited by SpikeGondorff
Discovered Mission 4 had the same trigger type.

• 3 weeks later...
Fixed, should be included in the next patch.

I just tried the mission again with the latest open beta and the issue still seems to be there? The two russian ships are racing away from the ivanov well before I get there, they're like 20 km out?

Hi Eisprinzessin, that is really weird. Can you please attach your logbook.lua file?

(it's stored here: C:\Users\your_name\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\logbook.lua)

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Sorry didnt saw your post. I threw my bombs on WP 3 after reading here, it worked and i finished the campaign already.

But defenetly with unsuccess in this mission i was thrown back to mission 1.

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

• 5 months later...