DCS World Podcast: From the 476th vFG

Dojo

If I were in your situation, assuming you don't have carpet, I'd get a carpeted chair pad to be safe. Like so: https://www.floormats.com/content/product/large/Black%20Chair%20Mats%20600.JPG

Also, here's a Youtube of the Buttkicker's sound. You feel it much more than you hear it. And when game sounds are on (either via speakers or headset), you don't hear it at all. See here:

Thanks, Dojo. I do have a rug kind of carpet under my chair. The video was actually very enlightening, I always imagined a buttkicker to be more of a superwoofer kind of solution, but that seems not to be the case. Unfortunately, from the video it is very difficult to judge low frequency vibrations that usually travel well through the wooden construction (as my apartment is) quite readily.

Hmm.. I am very tempted to give it a try, though :D

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Episode 14 is live!

Apologies for the delay. As the unexpected British heatwave draws to an end, I'm forced to retreat back inside!

Ciaran 'Ciribob' Fisher joins Ragtop to discuss DCS Simple Radio, the standalone integrated radio system. We discuss the technical aspects of Multiplayer voice comms in DCS World, and look at the different tools available to enhance your sim experience.

Check out Ciribob and his excellent 'DCS SimpleRadio Standalone'.

Enjoy!

476th vFG Alumni

That Thunder last night... My dog was in peices...

Episode 14 is live!

Apologies for the delay. As the unexpected British heatwave draws to an end, I'm forced to retreat back inside!

Ciaran 'Ciribob' Fisher joins Ragtop to discuss DCS Simple Radio, the standalone integrated radio system. We discuss the technical aspects of Multiplayer voice comms in DCS World, and look at the different tools available to enhance your sim experience.

Check out Ciribob and his excellent 'DCS SimpleRadio Standalone'.

Enjoy!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Listened to it yesterday, and enjoyed it as always. By the way, at least in the A-10C, even the TISL panel, which isn't used anymore even in the real aircraft, is clickable and animated :)

Don't worry, I also hated listening to myself in Episode 11, although I was more annoyed by the frequent grammatical errors I made than the unfamiliar sound of my voice (I like to think I speak better English when I am more awake).

Argh my voice.... I say Erm a lot. :/

Thanks again Ragtop for inviting me on! Apologies that I'm rubbish at staying on topic and go into faaaaar too much detail

• Like 1

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

That Thunder last night... My dog was in peices...

Mine too. Had 2 hours kip. Nice show.

On Topic

Thanks 476th I will get this listened too this afternoon

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]