Uncommanded deadzone

Freakmeister51

I have noticed that all my modules have a dead zone in pitch and roll. I have used the calibration program within windows and checked the control input using Target Script Editor, both programs show good control movements but within DCS there is a delay between the joystick being moved and the in-game flight controls moving. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a possible fix

Check the "axis tuning" menu in DCS control setuup ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I've tried that. I have set all my control dead zones to zero, it still does it, on most modules too. Have considered reloading all my modules but don't really want to, what do you think?

Are you running Target or binding only in DCS ? If the latter , i would consider making sure Target is not auto-starting , and if necessary , clear all bindings in DCS & redo . PITA , but less so than re-downloading all the modules . You can also check Saved Games > DCS>Config>input for clues as to what's going on . Or if you don't mind re-binding , delete the entire input folder . DCS will rebuild it on the next startup , or via the "repair" function .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 3 months later...

This is quite old already but I have the same problem with dcs i checked in windows joystick settings there's no deadzone neither in dcs but still when I try to fly any model I can see that there is one. I checked my joystick in arma 3 and everything was fine there so its not joystick fault but something with dcs. Did you manage to fix this problem if so pls tell me how?

If you use warthog there is a hardware deadzone the can be turned off in target gui.

Hi Svend, I tried to find a hardware-related deadzone setting in the TARGET GUI. But the only deadzone setting I could find was in the configurations for the different aircraft. Can you explain where you set the deadzone for the controller ("hardware") as such?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Hi Svend, I tried to find a hardware-related deadzone setting in the TARGET GUI. But the only deadzone setting I could find was in the configurations for the different aircraft. Can you explain where you set the deadzone for the controller ("hardware") as such?

From memory, you need to click below the stick in the overview or mainview if you like. a popup will appear with a tickbox the says something like 'hardware deadzone'. Just untick. Target doesn't have to running since the deadzone filter is turned off in the stick itself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

From memory, you need to click below the stick in the overview or mainview if you like. a popup will appear with a tickbox the says something like 'hardware deadzone'. Just untick. Target doesn't have to running since the deadzone filter is turned off in the stick itself.

Thanks Sven, yes it's in the TARGET GUI main screen. It's only an Enable/Disable option and by default is was not enabled for my TM WH stick. I did not see anything to show/modify the amount of deadzone.

857601918_TARGET_HardwareDeadzone.thumb.jpg.4c004736d231bcddc323efdfc41d25c6.jpg

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Thanks Sven, yes it's in the TARGET GUI main screen. It's only an Enable/Disable option and by default is was not enabled for my TM WH stick. I did not see anything to show/modify the amount of deadzone.

It's only on/off. Your pic shows it to be enabled. Anyway, that is the one. When you turn it off you will see jitter when the stick is centered.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

• 2 weeks later...