TWS AUTO Azimuth

Baikingu

Quick question.

When locking a target in TWS and on AUTO Azimuth centering.

Should the radar elevation also follow the target if it dives/climbs?

As of now it does not. And i can't adjust my radar elevation manualy either. When in AUTO Azimuth.

Like Tholozor says, it does work. Notice the elevation caret on the left side of the radar display, it goes up/down.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

The thing is that as soon as I see the target drop below or climb above my scan elevation I loose lock (after about 3 sec [hit memory]) and the contact disappears from the radar-scope. And its not because I get notched.

The thing is that as soon as I see the target drop below or climb above my scan elevation I loose lock (after about 3 sec [hit memory]) and the contact disappears from the radar-scope. And its not because I get notched.

I was seeing this a lot today too. I had two bandits locked up on the nose in TWS auto - with an L&S and a DT2. Inexplicably, the radar would drop lock and all I would get are the red surveillance track files from AWACS. And I could never get them back unless I went back to RWS and then locked them in STT. Very frustrating.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Again, with a track we might prove to ED that we are in front of a bug. Without one is going to be difficult.

Ok I'll try to see if I can get a track tonight.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I did more testing and sure enough the elevation < does change with the target. But the TDC dosent update. So then I guess i lose lock because of sudden aspect change from the target maybe.

I also did many tests and the target is followed in elevation correctly. However I did lose lock sometimes for reasons unknown.

Stay safe