How about a post July 1944 version? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-25-2020, 08:14 PM   #1
Schnelli

Default How about a post July 1944 version?

I know that the Anton we have is right for D-Day and C-3 injection was only fitted on F and G aircrafts. Also i know that asking for balance in a sim like DCS doesnt make any sense. So i wont.
But how about giving us the post July 1944 Anton with "erhöhte Notleistung" (1,58/1,65 ata)?

It would fit the scenario, since fighting in the Normandy took place until August 44 and would give us slightly better chances in dogfights against allied fighters.

Would that be a complicated task to do from a technical standpoint?

Last edited by Schnelli; 03-26-2020 at 11:59 AM.
Schnelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:51 AM   #2
MrExplosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnelli View Post
I know that the Anton we have is right for D-Day and C-3 injection was only fitted on F and G aircrafts. Also i know that asking for balance in a sim like DCS doesnt make any sense. So i wont.
But how about giving us the post July 1944 version with "erhöhte Notleistung" (1,58/1,65 ata)?

It would fit the scenario, since fighting in the Normandy took place until August 44 and would give us slightly better chances in dogfights against allied fighters.

Would that be a complicated task to do from a technical standpoint?

+1

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,
Der Jägerei ein Horrido!
MrExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:01 AM   #3
Al-Azraq

ED already stated in the Newsletter that they are going to introduce F-8 and G-8 variants so I am sure injection will come but only with those models.
i7 7700K @ 4,8 Ghz | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5
Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16 C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen
Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy
Al-Azraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:06 AM   #4
grafspee

I just hope that we get increased boost in A-8 too. 1.56/1.65 im not sure if i get numbers right.
I hope that ED will add smoke trail to F-8 which is injecting C3. At high power settings those engines were running rich mixture and additional c3 injection will rich it even more engine will smoke like a train

Last edited by grafspee; 03-26-2020 at 08:13 AM.
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:30 AM   #5
MrExplosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafspee View Post
I just hope that we get increased boost in A-8 too. 1.56/1.65 im not sure if i get numbers right.
I hope that ED will add smoke trail to F-8 which is injecting C3. At high power settings those engines were running rich mixture and additional c3 injection will rich it even more engine will smoke like a train
Maybe injection with the JaBo versions, but what we really want is increased manifold pressure.

It basically comes down to increased manifold pressure or riot!

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!
Old 03-26-2020, 07:55 PM   #6
MrExplosion

Any updates on this NineLine?

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!
Old 04-07-2020, 04:47 PM   #7
Schnelli

I have a question on this.

Just in case we would get the emergency boost, would the engine break if it would be used for the whole mission? I know that the manual says not more then 10 min. But the question is, wether this is to extend the lifespan of the engine or to avoid engine failure in flight.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:09 PM   #8
Cunctator

German test report says that oil temperature raises to critical levels during climb, which are only tolerable for 15 minutes, hence the 10 minute limit. Cylinderhead temperatures were ok during all flight regimes. I doubt the engine will survive for long if proper lubrication is no longer guaranteed, but it does not sound like the engine will fail after 11 minutes.

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.o...BMW_VB_126.pdf
Cunctator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 10:39 PM   #9
Schnelli

Very interessting. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2020, 11:53 PM   #10
grafspee

Using higher boost for more then 10 minutes, should not cause any fatal damage to the engine.
If pilot manage to keep oil temp not too high, engine should not suffer much.
Question is does this 10 minutes limit is for brand new engine or engine which did 200 hours.
If for example engine with high hours of flight scored was limited to 5 min or less or even forbidden of use this higher power setting.
Or no matter work hours run through the engine 10 minutes limit stayed not changed.
In first case exceeding 10 min limit would cause severe harm to engine but in second case it would not because safety margin is quite big in second case.