The DCS Updater GUI Utility - Page 116 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-31-2020, 11:12 PM   #1151
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboss View Post
Since last nvidea update, my dcs updater launches, check that i have the right version but there is no more gui. I see it in my task tray and sys tray, but I just doesn't pop up. Anyone else?
Right click in the task tray, and restore.
It's in one of the stickies "on top".

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:14 PM   #1152
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyscouser View Post
Hi there. Downloaded, installed and followed the YouTube tutorial. Managed to update 2.5.5 but require assistance before I screw up my installation.

I'd like to update 2.5.5 to 2.5.6 (Open Beta) and was hoping someone could assist with "Updating for Dummies" instructions, please?

I installed Open Beta independently but experienced a few bugs, i.e. crackling sound during air combat and the administration screen is stuck in 4:3 aspect ratio - even if you change in settings.

Can someone assist, please?
Did you configure the app to the correct paths?
Then it's just a matter of click "update".
Cheers!

Old 03-31-2020, 11:21 PM   #1153
skiboss

Quote:
Since last nvidea update, my dcs updater launches, check that i have the right version but there is no more gui. I see it in my task tray and sys tray, but I just doesn't pop up. Anyone else?
Disregard. I was able to restore application window via the sys tray right click method.
skiboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:25 PM   #1154
Akula

Quote:
Disregard. I was able to restore application window via the sys tray right click method.

Hey bro, how did you fix this? Your instructions aren't text book clear. I'm having the same issues and right clicking on my task bar and system tray and I don't see any options you're talking about.

OK, just re-read your post..... My issue is different.

DCS_updater shows up in the TASK MANAGER but does not show up in the system tray or the task bar.

Last edited by Akula; 04-06-2020 at 06:30 PM.
Akula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:39 PM   #1155
Chicki

Hi. Just installed this thing. Get no "Settings" button. Can't input path to my installs. Running Win 10. ???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Updater.gif
Views:	46
Size:	985.4 KB
ID:	231916  
Chicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:08 PM   #1156
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicki View Post
Hi. Just installed this thing. Get no "Settings" button. Can't input path to my installs. Running Win 10. ???
If you click Alt-Print Scrn, you get only the active window, and not the complete desktop. The Snipping tool that comes with Windows is also pretty handy. I think might even be a better one now.

Anyway, can't see from the pic what your settings on the "Application Settings" screen are.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:50 PM   #1157
Chicki

Hmmmmm...that is the entire window that comes up when I fire up the Updater app. As you see, I have no "Settings" button which should be the next button to the right of the "Clean" button. Instead, it's "Dedicated Server Mode" button. Can't make the app screen any bigger. No way to enter path to my DCS installations. Is the Updater app supposed to be on the same drive as my DCS installations? Kinda strange.
Chicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:26 AM   #1158
MAXsenna

Quote:
Hmmmmm...that is the entire window that comes up when I fire up the Updater app. As you see, I have no "Settings" button which should be the next button to the right of the "Clean" button. Instead, it's "Dedicated Server Mode" button. Can't make the app screen any bigger. No way to enter path to my DCS installations. Is the Updater app supposed to be on the same drive as my DCS installations? Kinda strange.
Well. It's kind of hard to see on my cellphone, but when I zoom inn, even though it looks like shit. I'm positive I can see the "Application settings" button. Two from the right. I'm a wrong?

Old 04-08-2020, 01:28 AM   #1159
MAXsenna

Quote:
Ah, now I get it. Use the grey button. "Application Settings". The blue ones are "Run" shortcuts.

Old 04-08-2020, 03:08 PM   #1160
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXsenna View Post
Ah, now I get it. Use the grey button. "Application Settings". The blue ones are "Run" shortcuts.

In your defense, the older versions had a large blue settings button in the top right corner.

however as functionality expanded it was replaced w/ the Ded. Server mode and the Settings button was moved to the tabs.
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs, CH Fighterstick+Pro Throttle+Pro Pedals
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote