[REPORTED]PVI-800 INU update switch mislabelled

The switch next to the PVI-800 mode selector rotary switch is mislabelled. It has changed with the new cockpit update. The top position should be 'Shkval,' and the bottom position 'INU'.

Currently the top position says 'INU,' incorrectly, and the bottom position says 'Update,' which doesn't really mean anything.

I have verified this because by trying to use the Shkval to designate a target in the PVI-800, I have to set it to the 'INU' (up) position for it to work properly. If I set it to the 'Update' position it saves my own co-ordinates as the target point.

The switch behaviour has not changed, the switch labels are just wrong.

INU stand for Inertial Navigation Unit, so the label INU Update is in fact correct, but bring small if no additional info to remember wich is the method you need.

IIRC in the Ricardo/Devrim cockpit the 2switch positions was labeled IT-23 or I-251V (name of the Shkval monitor or the Optical System) Overfly.

Edited by flanker0ne

Yes it makes sense for 'INU' to be above the switch somewhere, but the switch positions are not labelled correctly.

Here's the shot from the manual, original graphics: https://imgur.com/hKSMRrC

For INU updates/nav targets to be done by the Shkval is the 'up' position. This is labelled 'INU' in the new graphics, which is wrong.

If you look at the Russian graphics for the new cockpit, the labels for the switch match the original graphics in the manual. The English version is wrong.

i confirm this

it was very confusing in the english cockpit, switched to russian and i finally understood what it does :joystick:

the up position means position taking is from shkval, the down position means its from overfly. in the english cockpit the labels arent related to this at all.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• ED Team

Hi all

I have asked the team to take a look at the English translations.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

coming in a future update a small tweak to the english labels

Over has been used for overfly.

Screen_200410_155127.thumb.png.592dd08191aa1f63132d1d24122d2a87.png

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2