New GME software - Page 10 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-15-2016, 12:01 PM   #91
kobac

Thanks Zaelu for YT tutorial, of course first of all thank you sedenion and his effort to make OvGME. I wish the sound was a little louder, but when pushed to the maximum can be heard speaking.
For now, I'm not entirely clear with option "creating mod archive", but I hope that I will later find its purpose. THX again.
kobac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:09 PM   #92
sedenion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobac View Post
For now, I'm not entirely clear with option "creating mod archive", but I hope that I will later find its purpose. THX again.
This is for moders, to create OvGME compliant archives... Os to say, this is a simple "zip tool" that create a zip file of given folder, properly named, with the description...
sedenion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:12 PM   #93
kobac

Excellent tool, TY.
kobac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:06 PM   #94
zaelu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedenion View Post
One detail: You can select several mods in the list (ike in any list, using Ctrl or Shift) to enable or disable all current selection, you are not limited to do a "one by one" enable or disable.
I added an annotation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobac View Post
T I wish the sound was a little louder, but when pushed to the maximum can be heard speaking.
I have in ear headphones and it seemed to me loud enough for me at that hour... during the day... it's different

The option to make an Archive Mod is just a feature of the program made by Sedenion that lets you create a mod inside an archive without using external archive managers or caring too much about how to construct it.

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,
Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Last edited by zaelu; 08-15-2016 at 07:10 PM.
zaelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:49 PM   #95
sedenion

Tomorrow I will implement a feature to create a "repository file" (xml) to help users to test the feature and releasing the first "1.5 alpha" version of OvGME (yes, i jumped to the 1.5 due to many changes in code structure + new network features).

This is how that work for now:

Server side (Repository Manager)

The repository manager (either a moder or anyone who can host some file in a website) must make available a "repository file" (ovgme.xml file) on a web server. Adress and port does not matter, as long as this is an HTTP server.

ovgme.xml Source Code

the ovgme.xml file must be named "ovgme.xml" (for now) and have this structure:

Code:
<mods>
  <mod    name="Dummy - Mod A"  version="1.1"     url="http://www.toto.org/ovgme/Dummy - Mod A.zip"/>
  <mod    name="Dummy - Mod B"  version="1.2.2"   url="http://www.youpla.net/ovgme/Dummy - Mod B.zip"/>
</mods>
Spoiler:
In fact, you can name tags (nodes) as you want, since the XML parsing routine does not check node's name. It only take the root node (here <mods/>) and its children (here <mod/>). So, technicaly, you can replace "mods" by "cacaprout" and "mod" by "yahehaehhah", this still working. However, attributes names within the children MUST be named exactly like in the example "name", "url" and "version" (the order doesn't matter).

OvGME provides a simple tool to generate the XML source code for the ovgme.xml file. This tool check all mods of the current Mods stock folder (for the selected game) and generate the XML code according what is found as valid Mod. To be included in the source code as "repository compliant Mod", Mods must be:
- A valid zip Mod-Archive.
- Containing a valid version.txt

The version string must be only numbers separated by dots, up to three version number max, one for Major, one for Minor, and one for Revision... examples of valid version string:

Limitation:
OvGME does not eat "Transfert-Encoded: chunked" HTTP response (this thing is hell to handle correctly), however, theorically, this HTTP transfert mode only occure when you ask for some complicated page like PHP or ASP... an HTTP server will never (as far as i know) provide a simple xml file in "Transfert-Encoded: chunked"...

Client Side (user)

A Mods can be checked for update if and only if:
- It is a Zipped Mod-Archive (Directory-Mod version check and update not supported yet)
- It has a "version.txt" in the root of the archive (like the description) with the version string, and ONLY the version string.

The version string must be in the same form as in the xml file... (however, the original mod-achive can have a version "1.2" string, if the repository provide any "1.2.1" version, OvGME recognize it as an update, equaly, for "1.2.1" becoming "1.3" or even "2"... )

The client must enter one or several repository adress in the repository manager.

Since i coded an URL parser, the provided repository adresse and port can be almost what you want. Examples of valid adress:
www.prout.com
http://klathu.net/folder1/folder2/
http://224.24.65.128:8080/toto/tata
www.youplaboum.net:8081/repository/

Once you have that... you can Check for update... OvGME will interogates repository, comparing mod names and versions, and give you the list of mods who can be updated... Then, you can launch download (individually, or by group, depending what you want to update)...

Rendez-vous tomorrow.

Last edited by sedenion; 08-16-2016 at 07:45 AM.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:57 PM   #96
fill

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaelu View Post
I hope it helps...
Sorry, is that possible doing in French ?
Merci.
fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:02 PM   #97
zaelu
Veteran

I am very sorry but my French is no way near "public release"

But, Sedenion looks like he is also from France and he looks native , maybe he can make the Help file also in French?

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,
Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least
zaelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:12 PM   #98
sedenion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaelu View Post
I am very sorry but my French is no way near "public release"

But, Sedenion looks like he is also from France and he looks native , maybe he can make the Help file also in French?
Yes, i can... but don't ask me to implement i18n for OvGME... I will produce somme french help when the 1.5 will become stable.

Last edited by sedenion; 08-15-2016 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:39 AM   #99
sedenion

New development 1.5.0 version released.

For documentation related to the new Repositories feature, please see this post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...5&postcount=95

So, this is the first implementation of the Repositories feature with Mod update donwload, now the question are:

- What should be improved, changed ?
- What is missing ?
- What is good, what is not so good ?
- Do you see a bug ?
Old 08-16-2016, 10:08 AM   #100
Neo47

Hello sedenion,

first let me say thank you for your effort on doing OvGME! Our Wing asked a few days before about an auto update function for our few mods and now you´ve released 1.5

I tried 1.5 but i have some problems...

I get stuck in trying to check/download the mods. OvGME says "Getting data from repositories, please wait..."

I do so.. still..

What i did...
Uninstalled old Version 1.2
Installed 1.5
used "Make Mod archive"
uploaded it to our server --> created directory (root/ovgme/)
put the .zip file into it also the ovgme.xml
pointed the path in "Repositories Config" to our serveradress/ovgme/

Tried it... and still waiting...

Improvements:

- @Repositories Configuration may add the option to edit the path

- @Make Mod Archive --> Description: field --> new line only with STRG+Enter, if you hit only enter it starts creating the archive...

That´s it for now...

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --
Neo47 is offline   Reply With Quote