How do I fix my JHMCS display?

Padonis

After turning on the HMD, the JHMCS viewfinder is very difficult to see. All lines and numbers are thin and pale, almost disappearing in the case of a distant view (magnification). The middle cross disappears completely. Is it possible to improve it, strengthen brightness and thickness of ropes and numbers? To see the JHMCS viewfinder well, you must have a very narrow field of view :( .

Yeah, something doesn't look right there. I haven't used the JHMCS since the latest update but maybe someone else can comment if they are having the same issue.

The only thing I can suggest is try deleting your fxo and metashader2 files in your username/saved games/DCS directory to see if that resolves the issue.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

After turning on the HMD, the JHMCS viewfinder is very difficult to see. All lines and numbers are thin and pale, almost disappearing in the case of a distant view (magnification). The middle cross disappears completely. Is it possible to improve it, strengthen brightness and thickness of ropes and numbers? To see the JHMCS viewfinder well, you must have a very narrow field of view :( .

No problems on my HMD. Latest version of DCS open beta, latest nVidia driver, full HD resolution.

Screen_181208_122409.thumb.png.7b3eae2b3775ca25c2a28124c83a404f.png

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Post your DCS graphics settings.

Maybe is something related to filters, textures, shadows.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

UI Scale maybe?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I can see you run a multi-monitor setup of sorts, giving you kind of a funny res of 2944x2160 (and ratio). Id not be surprised if that is the culprit, cause it looks like a scaling problem with the JHMCS.

Try the default single monitor (and res / ratio) and see if that makes it better. Then we at least know if that is where the problem is.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I can imagine your feeling :( Different from you, but on my side, in VR with Oculus, i had to set it in the option for both eyes, if only one eye used it was too dimed and lack contrast at the point not enjoyable and barely visible depending on the background it went over.

Edited by Doum76

Do you have any mods to reduce the blurry text in the DDI's? If so, that might also be effecting the JHMCS lines.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I had the same problem. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=226040

The color, thickness, and brightness of the lines make it difficult if not impossible to read sometimes. And I am exclusively in VR, which is an additional challenge.

I've noticed the HUD and color DDI for the moving map are the same. Not really usable at all under a lot of conditions.

On top, looking down into the clouds, the JHMCS is totally unusable. Text completely disappears. Same with the HUD. I was told that was realistic and didn't know what I was expecting.

May be unrealistic, but also unusable. Best to leave the feature out entirely if your not going to make it usable in a practical sense.