JTAC not working

Xxx

Is anyone experiencing problems with JTAC in the latest stable DCS world?

I can't get a reply after initial check in. Neither am or fm frequencies work.

New mission or original missions don't have comes with JTAC?

Strange thing is, when I swap aircraft from A10 to M2K, I get JTAC comms back?

Easy comms are off, radios are tuned to FAC frequency.

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Works as supposed for me. Usually there's a trigger issue if JTAC isn't responding. Is it a certain mission where it's not working?

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

Works as supposed for me. Usually there's a trigger issue if JTAC isn't responding. Is it a certain mission where it's not working?

Its my latest User File upload, called Bedlam Bridges. Single player mission. Its ok if I use the M2k, but swapping in the A10c causes a loss of comms with the JTAC. I tried different frequencies for JTAC, but no joy. 30 FM, 30 AM, after initial contact there is no reply.

So I loaded up the Kashogi Gap (misspelled!) mission from the A10c Missions. None of the JTACs work in that one either?

Since JTAc works with the M2k, it must be something I am doing (not doing) with the A10.

Thanks for the reply.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

As I don't have the M2000 I can't test it out, sorry.

The description says it's designed for the M2000 so swapping to the A-10 may cause some issues. Sorry that's all I can tell from here...:music_whistling:

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

Is anyone experiencing problems with JTAC in the latest stable DCS world?

I can't get a reply after initial check in. Neither am or fm frequencies work.

New mission or original missions don't have comes with JTAC?

Strange thing is, when I swap aircraft from A10 to M2K, I get JTAC comms back?

Easy comms are off, radios are tuned to FAC frequency.

Thanks.

I am having a lot of trouble with the JTAC, so I decided to cut the AI one completely from the campaign I am working on. I mean usually it works, but sometimes just gets in a loop of "ABORT! ABORT! ABORT!" and "Standby for tasking". Also couldn't get it to work on FM radio, only AM...

Having said that, please send me your mission and I'll have a look at it, perhaps I will find something that is wrong. Cheers!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I am having a lot of trouble with the JTAC, so I decided to cut the AI one completely from the campaign I am working on. I mean usually it works, but sometimes just gets in a loop of "ABORT! ABORT! ABORT!" and "Standby for tasking". Also couldn't get it to work on FM radio, only AM...

Having said that, please send me your mission and I'll have a look at it, perhaps I will find something that is wrong. Cheers!

Thanks Baltic.

The mission is on the User Files for download, it's called Bedlam Bridges under my psuedonym "herky". Although I used the M2k in the original mission, just swapping to the Hog shouldn't break anything?

I got JTAC working by reverting to "easy comms" in the main game options menu. Without easy comms, the frequency is ignored in the Hog's am radio.

Having got my JTAC working, I must say that I prefer to use the CTLD JTAC mod. CTLD JTAC is faster and fool proof. The DCS JTAC takes far too long to be effective. When it works I spend ages going through the menu and by the time he is "lasing" I've been shot down!:music_whistling:

Regards.

Ps

I am going to do a re run of the Red Flag for M2K....It's a brilliant campaign!

Cool, thanks man. As I've said, I had lots of trouble with AI JTAC and I agree it is a long option When you're through your talk-on, OP FOR is out of ammo and it is difficult to tell whom to shoot ;) have fun with another run with Red Flag, I consider it to be THE campaign when it comes to what I always wanted to achieve... having said that, working on the The Enemy Within to get it to (almost, no custom ATC) stage!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Cool, thanks man. As I've said, I had lots of trouble with AI JTAC and I agree it is a long option When you're through your talk-on, OP FOR is out of ammo and it is difficult to tell whom to shoot ;) have fun with another run with Red Flag, I consider it to be THE campaign when it comes to what I always wanted to achieve... having said that, working on the The Enemy Within to get it to (almost, no custom ATC) stage!

The CTLD JTAC has no delay, gives lat/long Target coords, switches to next nearest target automatically and doesn't involve a long protracted "conversation" with the forward air controller!:music_whistling:

Yes, Red Flag is definitely the most satisfying DCS experience! No crashes, flawless comms and a fast jet.

While the A10c has by far the best attack avionics (It's origins in the training of National Guard crews shows) it's so terribly slow! Still, it was one of the first DCS modules and the one that hooked me on DCS. Then the Black Shark followed on with great tactical awareness from the displays. This needs updating to look better in the new DCS engine.

If they eventually get all the weapons on to the Hornet, along with the Lightning pod, that will be an exciting fast jet to pin a Red Flag campaign around!

:thumbup:

The CTLD JTAC has no delay, gives lat/long Target coords, switches to next nearest target automatically and doesn't involve a long protracted "conversation" with the forward air controller!:music_whistling:

This long, protracted conversation is far more realistic than what you get with CTLD. No JTAC will clear you hot without a proper talkon.

The way it is done in DCS is, however, painfully slow. He (mostly) uses proper type I/II/III controls and 9 line formats, but does it so slowly. Real JTACs, especially if they are under fire, spit out that 9 line and talkon pretty quick.

A good example of a realistic talkon is the mission Operation Bactria. He has a lot of voice overs in there and some of the better missions (it gives you a random mission each time) use a voiceover for the 9 line. The mission creator is a real Hawg pilot.

I’ve been advocating for improved JTACs lately in the DCS wish list forum. There is a lot of good in them right now, but the bugs are showstopping.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2