A Bridge Too Far - A warbird event for Burning skies

mblackham

If I get on the discord early tomorrow, will anyone be around to help me get SRS fully set up? I am going to be getting it figured, but I want to make sure it's squared away well in advance. SRS sounds really really cool, but I just haven't gotten it set up yet. Thanks!

Fire only at close range, and only when your opponent is properly in your sights.

-Hauptmann Oswald Boelcke, Jasta 2

If I get on the discord early tomorrow, will anyone be around to help me get SRS fully set up? I am going to be getting it figured, but I want to make sure it's squared away well in advance. SRS sounds really really cool, but I just haven't gotten it set up yet. Thanks!

Sure, I’ll be around all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Invite looks to be expired/invalid. Post another?

Edit: Ignore this. Discord bullshit - it complained about an invalid invite but I've been able to join the event Discord.

Lol no worries - thought I'd set it to not expire. Must be a bug.

Great event my only suggestions would be the following.

Use Normandy

Use the Asset pack

Make it a true ww2 environment as yes this is a weakness with dcs but this publicity with above products would do them good i imagine..

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Great event my only suggestions would be the following.

Use Normandy

Use the Asset pack

Make it a true ww2 environment as yes this is a weakness with dcs but this publicity with above products would do them good i imagine..

Yea: would LOVE to do that - if there's a consensus on it - the next one will be Normandy and Asset pack!

I absolutely would agree! The Normandy and WWII stuff has come a very long way. Salute to RED TEAM today! It was a great event, and I am glad to have been able to attend. Big thanks to the GCI guys, as they did a stand up job. I am looking forward to the next one.

Fire only at close range, and only when your opponent is properly in your sights.

-Hauptmann Oswald Boelcke, Jasta 2

Thanks for organizing the event. Appreciate Eekz, Mav, and Micro for their contributions. It was short but fun event for me. Good to get up in a warbird after long hiatus.

Strong yes to Normandy Map and Assets Pack. Aren't people getting tired of the Caucasus Map? I would not mind it so much if there was a Kuban front setup. At some point, need to make a push to try new things else, it's status quo.

SRS is great but couple of us were having problems setting up frequencies. It seems to be a hit or miss with me. Some days works fine, some days it doesn't. Got on a different SRS server few nights ago to test and seemed ok but problems today tuning to the frequency for GCI. It was a very quiet and lonely flight. Purely from reliability viewpoint, I would stick with Discord or even TS. It's too bad ED hasn't made SRS or in-game voice comm organic.

Historical Scenarios. Maybe an air start for the allies with bomber formations whereas axis has to scramble, vector and intercept.

Anyways, looking forward to the next one. 1st WW2 event for me and I see big potentials.

Thanks for organizing the event. Appreciate Eekz, Mav, and Micro for their contributions. It was short but fun event for me. Good to get up in a warbird after long hiatus.

Strong yes to Normandy Map and Assets Pack. Aren't people getting tired of the Caucasus Map? I would not mind it so much if there was a Kuban front setup. At some point, need to make a push to try new things else, it's status quo.

SRS is great but couple of us were having problems setting up frequencies. It seems to be a hit or miss with me. Some days works fine, some days it doesn't. Got on a different SRS server few nights ago to test and seemed ok but problems today tuning to the frequency for GCI. It was a very quiet and lonely flight. Purely from reliability viewpoint, I would stick with Discord or even TS. It's too bad ED hasn't made SRS or in-game voice comm organic.

Historical Scenarios. Maybe an air start for the allies with bomber formations whereas axis has to scramble, vector and intercept.

Anyways, looking forward to the next one. 1st WW2 event for me and I see big potentials.

Thanks turbo: FYI there seemed to be an issue with destroying the bridges. You absolutely nailed that first run you did so we’ll make all targets units next time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk