Mig-15 AI

gavagai

I was hoping the Mig-15 AI would have been adjusted in the last update. Right now it is not really useful as a sparring partner for the F-86.

Thanks for your attention.:thumbup:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I'm OK with the AI not using a PFM, but this Mig-15 AI FM is not convincing to me. I still shoot it down, but the Mig-15 reminds me of the original 190D-9 AI that would hold a sustained climb at 45 degrees and 90 knots (that was eventually adjusted).

Still enjoying the F-86, but it will be better when the Mig-15 doesn't behave so oddly.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• 3 weeks later...

The AI is no challenge... Hold a .7 mach level turn, be patient you will pull around on him. He will panic and try to climb but you will have so much more E and get an easy shot before you over shoot him in the climb.

Once you know how to do this you can take on 4 AI Mig 15 at a time and have no trouble shooting them all down without ever really being in danger. Got the idea from the F86 sabre flight manual which states that the F86F engine has maximum excess thrust at .7-.8 mach...

If the AI knew it had a good climb at altitude and tried to say above you at high alt, the fight might be more interesting. But as it is you will quickly get bored of shooting them down one after the other in turn fight at low altitude, and they never learn from their mistake.

Can't wait for online Mig15 V F86 duel. Human opponents fast and high! The apex of gunfighters.